My Cute AMPCAMP Built

That resistor mod means increase of 20% in class A output and 40% more in heat dissipation. So total 6W /pc class A output and 14W heat dissipated per channel. Subsequent decrease in THD figures(i don't remember now).

That resistor mod means increase of 20% in class A output and 40% more in heat dissipation. So total 6W /pc class A output and 14W heat dissipated per channel. Subsequent decrease in THD figures(i don't remember now).

Hi O Mishra,

Thanks for the inputs.
As the THD is also getting reduced with the more output power, so its better to directly go for the modded build with 6w+6w?

Also total power requirement would be then 40w for 2 channels, so 65w laptop power supply would be sufficient for the modded one also?

Is "200mm x 40mm x 80mm"the appropriate size of the heat sink? would it be ok with the mod also considering they will be running in Chennai weather?

thanks and regards
S Sarath

You would need a 90W or higher power supply.
Heat sink is per channel, or single? if its two of them then its fine else get a larger heat sink.

Help needed ,
I just built the AMP camp kit ( thanks Sachin) and it still is in testing stage. I use a dell laptop brick of 90 watts. the preset is yet to be tuned and the voltage at q1 drain is 6.5 volts. The heat sink is 25* 7 cm with 6 horizontal fins, 3 each on top and bottom. This runs pretty hot but I am able to keep my finger for 5 seconds. Sounds very good even with a small test speaker. My question is should I adjust the pot to get 10 volts,( heat sink will be adequate?)
Also, if I use a 6 or 4 ohm speaker, will the output be higher?
I remember 5 watts was for 8 ohms load.

Re: My Cute AMPCAMP Build started

Its small heatsink. Less number of fins. I think yours look like, Norge power Amp has this kind of heatsink. (My imagination) You should be able to keep hand for 10 sec atleast.

@om mishra
Thanks for the reply. I tried mounting another heatsink,( This one was used in my jlh project, predrilled for 2n3055.) I screwed this on top of the existing one. ( Resembling a "T", Where the horizontal stroke is the heavy one. Now it runs cool, and I am able to handle it without hurting.

Will adding a cooler fan reduce the need of a hefty heat sink, in general?
Coming up to the sonics, I built only one channel and paired with TABAQ MLTL, it is just fabulous. Loud beyond my expectations. I will complete another channel and post a complete listening review with pics.

Speakers for AMPCAMP

Which would be the best speakers for ACA that you guys recommend? I know that high efficiency ones are preferable, but specific model names would be helpful.

Looking for something under $1000 (excluding shipping; getting it from abroad is not an issue).

Currently using MS Aviano 2, fine speakers and no complaints so far. But wanted to see if it can be improved upon much? Not changing the amp in near future (love the ACA).

Cheers!

Hi Vijay,
Nice to know you liked it. Kindly set the bias according to specifications. Do post some pics.
I have also received TABAQ speakers using lynuxguru drivers.
I will try them with ACA.

Regards
Sachin

Last edited:

I think Omega also sells raw drivers with Alnico magnets. That could be a cheaper option.

Regards
Sachin

I have also received TABAQ speakers using lynuxguru drivers.
I will try them with ACA.

Looking forward to your impressions.Is it the single driver or the dual driver version?

Hi Suraj
It's a single driver. One of my friends and FM helped me for enclosure.
I just connected them to my ACA,DCB1 set up. SQ is very promising, decent bad, good highs Eric. I have also used BCS circuit.

Regards
Sachin

Hi All,

Started the build, please point out any mistakes.

I used kerosene to clean the excess flux :D, is that fine or this will cause any problem.

fnzqk0.jpg

678vhf.jpg

5tuws4.jpg

2n8mszb.jpg

Last edited:
No Problem Cleaning with Kerosene , Just that it takes more time to Dry

Of course Alcohol is the Best Bet

Regards

Tanoj

Hi All,

Need help in connections of Amp camp, there are two GND's on the board, one will be from power supply, what is the other GND for? Is it for cabinet grounding?

Another query, why is output polarity is reversed, I mean GND is common as +OUT. Is it normal with class A amps?

Thanks for taking time.

Regards
Bilal

Don't connect any extra ground to chassis. Leave it. I hope its extra other than speaker return current.
There is coupling capacitor on output which reverses phase. Hence reverse marking.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back