My Denon + Dali Zensor 5

bravo236

Hey Everyone,

Finally after almost two months of research, testing, reading,auditions & savings I have got my system in place. I had got Denon x1200 back in September & was looking for right speakers (FS) keeping in mind by 50:50 preference for music & movies. I have finally added Dali Zensor 5s after listening to Wharfdale Diamond 230, Tannoy, Pioneer AJ series & few pricier ones like Paradigm .
I am currently running in the speakers & sound is getting sweeter by every hour. I will be picking up the BD player soon for source & plan to add SVS PB 1000 to the system within a month.

Pics are attached for the FMs.

Thanks to all FMs for valuable inputs & leads. Wouldnt have been possible without the treasure trove of information on this forum.

Cheers

Attachments

• 20151101_125225.jpg
    20151101_125225.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 20151101_125123.jpg
    20151101_125123.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 356
Cool! Congratulations!

Am sure the 2 month journey of choosing through the options would have been also as enjoyable!

Congrats,am too planning for Dali zensor speakers,already got my denon X3100 from US.
Can you share your purchase experience of Dali and how well it goes with denon.
Hope you are enjoying.

Hey Everyone,

Finally after almost two months of research, testing, reading,auditions & savings I have got my system in place. I had got Denon x1200 back in September & was looking for right speakers (FS) keeping in mind by 50:50 preference for music & movies. I have finally added Dali Zensor 5s after listening to Wharfdale Diamond 230, Tannoy, Pioneer AJ series & few pricier ones like Paradigm .
I am currently running in the speakers & sound is getting sweeter by every hour. I will be picking up the BD player soon for source & plan to add SVS PB 1000 to the system within a month.

Thanks to all FMs for valuable inputs & leads. Wouldnt have been possible without the treasure trove of information on this forum.

Cheers
Hi
Congrats..I also purchased Denon X1200. But no speakers to connect. Searching for good speakers. Auditioned Polk audio. Please share your experience with dali speakers.

Hey Everyone,

Cheers

Hi, Congrats on your purchase. Wishing you many many musical years ahead. I am a big fan of Dali too. Though a bit more expensive than the PB1000, do hear out the Dali E12F and E9F subs.

*This is what I got from the official dali website.

Grand Cinema, 118, I floor, Arcot Road, Kodambakkam, 600024, Chennai

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for your wishes.
I am thoroughly enjoying the purchase. Have done around 60hrs of run-in both music & movies & experience has been great.

I have played everything from Classical to Rock. Played some albums of Anoushka Shankar, some tabla by Zakir Hussain, Jagjit singh Ghazals, some Linkin Park & Pink Floyd. The music is really enjoyable & movies are fun too. I have tweaked the speakers a few times to get best of what I want in terms of reproduction.

@Mayank Shah- I will definitely audition them along with Velodyne, but I just love the effect of SVS.

I was thinking of going for Dali Zensor Vokal first but now I think ill add the Sub first & then the Center speaker. Will keep sharing updates .

So far I feel Denon plus Dali is a great combination, specially for Music.

Heard the Dali zensors today, fantastic detailing, there were paired with the denon avr-x2200....carried my own flac and 320kbps mp3 files on USB to hear(they form the bulk of my music collection)....I thought the floorstanders were placed too close to each other, adjacent to the centre rack
Extremely sweet sounding speakers, these are my other option, comparing with the Polk rtia7s the dalis were much brighter I thought
Vipul audio offered a meagre 10% duscount, what kind of discount should I be looking at, remember someone mentioning 15-20%

Polks are brighter than Dali. Probably 10% is the order of the day, however if you are buying the entire 5.1 or 7.1 package along with PJ, AVR, then you can easily shoot for 15%
You will not go wrong with Dali Zensor. Zensor 7 is the best among the zensor series.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back