My driver building Experiment

Hi,

Ravs I somehow had missed this post from you !!

Thanks a lot for the info on the 6" cones,the Chinese one's that you talk is that from that shop which sells all Chinese stuff ?? on the display they have some kevlar cones and such ! the name escapes my mind as of this post (King Electronics ???) ! I had looked at them they are typical Chinese and some of them are bit small to fit in good 6.5" basket !

As with the VC and Pole extension,checkout some other places too,had you visited the Ankit shop by the way ??

If there's anything to be machined or such let me know,I have access to them and can do for it you no probs !!

Regards.

Hi,

Ravs I somehow had missed this post from you !!

Thanks a lot for the info on the 6" cones,the Chinese one's that you talk is that from that shop which sells all Chinese stuff ?? on the display they have some kevlar cones and such ! the name escapes my mind as of this post (King Electronics ???) ! I had looked at them they are typical Chinese and some of them are bit small to fit in good 6.5" basket !

As with the VC and Pole extension,checkout some other places too,had you visited the Ankit shop by the way ??

If there's anything to be machined or such let me know,I have access to them and can do for it you no probs !!

Regards.

hi soundsgreat,
sorry for late reply
here are the pics

Attachments

• 5 i side.jpg
    5 i side.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 6 i fr w fl.jpg
    6 i fr w fl.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 6 i fr.jpg
    6 i fr.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 99
  • 10 i side.jpg
    10 i side.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 99
  • 10 i siva fr.jpg
    10 i siva fr.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 99
so these are the pics
5i, 6i,10 inchi is from siva.6i cones with foam surrounds fits well in the basket.
5i have rubber surround they are very stiff.i made a woofer with them and yield
fs of 97 hz.spiders are locally made but looks good.3rs each.

ankit electronics i think its shop no 31.he sells stuff provided by gaurav elect.
this shop is the biggest supplier in the market.right behind the moti cinema.
ankit elect dont have any extended or any type of pole extension nor do other
supplier.you have to order for custom made and for very high price.only flat pole
piece are available.the cones are from i think its king elect you are right.4th or 5th shop (in left of) start of lr market.i bought my 18 inch kit from tayal elect
he owns different kind of pole geometries coped from jbl and celestion.he told
me the thickness of tp/bpt to be 14 mm and when i measured them at home they are only 10mm.and they cost me for 1300 rs.and pole piece not even half of top plate thickness extended.they all are thief .
they even dont know what they are selling.iam pissed off.

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian......

Attachments

• 5 i fr.jpg
    5 i fr.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 97
  • s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 97
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 97
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
btw

do you or anybody have any idea where i can get kapton in delhi.
120mm y-25 magnet and kit cost for 140rs.45 for ferrite.flat pole.

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian.....

Hi,

so these are the pics
5i, 6i,10 inchi is from siva.6i cones with foam surrounds fits well in the basket.
5i have rubber surround they are very stiff.i made a woofer with them and yield
fs of 97 hz.spiders are locally made but looks good.3rs each.

Ravs thanks a lot for the reply :)! the first one is the rubber one 5.25" right ? the rest are seems very normal which I had tried earlier !! didn't you find anyone selling similar 6" as of your 5.25" ???

Ankit Electronics is shop no13,check that if you still haven't !!

.i bought my 18 inch kit from tayal elect
he owns different kind of pole geometries coped from jbl and celestion.he told
me the thickness of tp/bpt to be 14 mm and when i measured them at home they are only 10mm.and they cost me for 1300 rs.and pole piece not even half of top plate thickness extended.they all are thief .

You for your 18" the kit which is supposed to be a JBL clone is fake ?? I strongly suggest you to get hold of a guy in some lathe-shop and get things machined,another reason for this is,this way you can sure of the quality of the material used else whats available is not at all good quality steel (its mostly iron with heavy dosage of mixture of all other metals ) !

do you or anybody have any idea where i can get kapton in delhi.
120mm y-25 magnet and kit cost for 140rs.45 for ferrite.flat pole.

Buddy send me a mail at [email protected] I have some contact which I shall give you !

As I said the kit from them is of less use due to poor quality,so only magnet ! thanks once again for inquiring the same ! I have a source here but not sure of the grade of magnets he sells which is my main concern as of now :p!

Regards.

Hi,

Ravs thanks a lot for the reply :)! the first one is the rubber one 5.25" right ? the rest are seems very normal which I had tried earlier !! didn't you find anyone selling similar 6" as of your 5.25" ???

Ankit Electronics is shop no13,check that if you still haven't !!

You for your 18" the kit which is supposed to be a JBL clone is fake ?? I strongly suggest you to get hold of a guy in some lathe-shop and get things machined,another reason for this is,this way you can sure of the quality of the material used else whats available is not at all good quality steel (its mostly iron with heavy dosage of mixture of all other metals ) !

Buddy send me a mail at [email protected] I have some contact which I shall give you !

As I said the kit from them is of less use due to poor quality,so only magnet ! thanks once again for inquiring the same ! I have a source here but not sure of the grade of magnets he sells which is my main concern as of now :p!

Regards.

hi soundsgreat,

i have enquired ankit electroncs .i will try for 6i cones.the reason for buying the kit .i dont know where to get the steel from and no acess to cnc.
gaurav elec they are dead sure for their magnet grades.if you want me to buy
the rings no probs.transportation would be the issue.

mail sent reply asap

regards

ravs

be a vegeterian......

hi soundsgreat,

how much would it cost to have the metal work done.i yield very high value of
qes and qts with my 18" .i managed to find the fibreglass sheet to wind my coil.do you
have any idea of what grade grade of steel you ill be using.

18" data
http://tinypic.com/r/141ugx/5

thanks in advance

ravs

be a vegeterian.....

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back