My first 5.1.2 Atmos Setup - Some questions

Not sure about this, haven't run into details about this kind of a setup yet in my research. Any place I can read up on pre-power setups?

Will definitely look out for Indiq. It does seem that I will have to stretch my budget by 20-30k for this (considering the max group buy discount). Will Demo next month post the situation settles down a bit more.
Great but the Group buy will be ending next week, you should consider talking to Amit from Indiqaudio and he may arrange for a demo sooner, also Indiqaudio offers 15 days money back return so in case you are not happy with the set up you can always return it for full payment less shipping, you can consider it as home demo, no Audio company in India offers it but it's pretty standard in western world.

Great but the Group buy will be ending next week, you should consider talking to Amit from Indiqaudio and he may arrange for a demo sooner, also Indiqaudio offers 15 days money back return so in case you are not happy with the set up you can always return it for full payment less shipping, you can consider it as home demo, no Audio company in India offers it but it's pretty standard in western world.

Will definitely try and figure it out. The problem is I am unwilling to go for physical auditions till the situation settles down a bit more, and I don't have the setup/space in my house to test the speakers out and take advantage of the 15-day return window. Plus I was hoping to defer my purchase/payments for 1-2 months (the Q-ac dealer has agreed for this), as I have plenty of other high priority expenses related to the interiors etc.

Will speak to Amit and see if there is something to be worked out.

Will definitely try and figure it out. The problem is I am unwilling to go for physical auditions till the situation settles down a bit more, and I don't have the setup/space in my house to test the speakers out and take advantage of the 15-day return window. Plus I was hoping to defer my purchase/payments for 1-2 months (the Q-ac dealer has agreed for this), as I have plenty of other high priority expenses related to the interiors etc.

Will speak to Amit and see if there is something to be worked out.
They also have option to pay using credit card emi so you can make use of it, anyways do let us know on Indiqaudio thread if you have a word with Amit or any clarification you will need as we are in regular touch with him. Cheers

They also have option to pay using credit card emi so you can make use of it, anyways do let us know on Indiqaudio thread if you have a word with Amit or any clarification you will need as we are in regular touch with him. Cheers
Will do. Thanks.

Also quick question on the speaker cables - I was considering the AmazonBasics 14-Gauge cables for the setup. Anyone with any experience with them, are these a good purchase? Also, I can see this being a dual-cable (?) in the images, does this mean that I need to run a single length of this for both connections to a single speaker? Or do I need to consider 2x the need (i.e 50ft of the spool will turn into 25ft length to a single speaker from the AVR)?

Will do. Thanks.

Also quick question on the speaker cables - I was considering the AmazonBasics 14-Gauge cables for the setup. Anyone with any experience with them, are these a good purchase? Also, I can see this being a dual-cable (?) in the images, does this mean that I need to run a single length of this for both connections to a single speaker? Or do I need to consider 2x the need (i.e 50ft of the spool will turn into 25ft length to a single speaker from the AVR)?
bro do not buy Amazon speaker cable, its a aluminum wire with copper plating over it made in China. get a pure copper oxygen free cable.
its dual cable and you do not need to run twice for one speaker.

Will do. Thanks.

Try Belden 8477 cable which is very good for speakers.
AVR i suggest 5015 or 5014 marantz ,which come in same price range or denon 3700 which have pre outs, which will give options to add power amp later sometime to enhance the speaker with more power.. think & buy slowly step by stem but make better buy & no regret. Pre & Power option is best for HT set up or stereo set .
Speaker are one time investment which longs for more thank 15 years or more so try audition according to ur listening taste & buy rather going on reviews . Indiqaudio gives you best option to demo either at amit place or try home with 15days return policy. as if demo in many brands showroom there will acoustically treated & tuned as they require or AVR powered more or will connect power amps over all can say treated to impress the customer so u can not expect same at ur home & there wont be return it mean ur investment is not satisfied ur taste so think & buy.
have seen many buy from reviews & then setting at homes not satisfied & sold or forcefully settled

Try Belden 8477 cable which is very good for speakers.
AVR i suggest 5015 or 5014 marantz ,which come in same price range or denon 3700 which have pre outs, which will give options to add power amp later sometime to enhance the speaker with more power.. think & buy slowly step by stem but make better buy & no regret. Pre & Power option is best for HT set up or stereo set .
Speaker are one time investment which longs for more thank 15 years or more so try audition according to ur listening taste & buy rather going on reviews . Indiqaudio gives you best option to demo either at amit place or try home with 15days return policy. as if demo in many brands showroom there will acoustically treated & tuned as they require or AVR powered more or will connect power amps over all can say treated to impress the customer so u can not expect same at ur home & there wont be return it mean ur investment is not satisfied ur taste so think & buy.
have seen many buy from reviews & then setting at homes not satisfied & sold or forcefully settled
exactly, you cannot entirely trust a demo in a treated room, in western world Audio equipment's are returnable if not satisfied but its hard to do in India as companies know ppl here will misuse it like anything, it takes real guts for a company to offer it in India and it cannot be done unless company backs its product 100% and they know chance of return is really low.

exactly, you cannot entirely trust a demo in a treated room, in western world Audio equipment's are returnable if not satisfied but its hard to do in India as companies know ppl here will misuse it like anything, it takes real guts for a company to offer it in India and it cannot be done unless company backs its product 100% and they know chance of return is really low.
Understood. Spoke to Amit about the IndiQs, will decide in a day or two regarding the demo/purchase.
bro do not buy Amazon speaker cable, its a aluminum wire with copper plating over it made in China. get a pure copper oxygen free cable.
its dual cable and you do not need to run twice for one speaker.
C&E Series 14 Gauge 2-Conductor 99.9% Oxygen Free: Amazon.in: Electronics - Would this work well?

Will do. Thanks.

Is all your wiring going to be through the wall ? If yes look for 14/16awg cables as they will be easier to route through the wall ( in my case had to go for 18awg in one of the rooms & 16 awg in another). 12 awg routing through the wall will not be easy so check with your electrician first before you purchase anything.

Is all your wiring going to be through the wall ? If yes look for 14/16awg cables as they will be easier to route through the wall ( in my case had to go for 18awg in one of the rooms & 16 awg in another). 12 awg routing through the wall will not be easy so check with your electrician first before you purchase anything.
I am getting paneling done behind the TV unit as well as behind the sofa (for managing the rear and potential sub cables), plus false ceiling. All cables will be routed via these panels, as the walls are concrete and very little chipping is allowed.

I am getting paneling done behind the TV unit as well as behind the sofa (for managing the rear and potential sub cables), plus false ceiling. All cables will be routed via these panels, as the walls are concrete and very little chipping is allowed.
In that case go for Belden 8477 as suggested above.

You can contact below number to source it from Bangalore
[Datavert Communications Pvt Ltd]
[Mobile] +919916952506

Not sure about this, haven't run into details about this kind of a setup yet in my research. Any place I can read up on pre-power setups?

Will definitely look out for Indiq. It does seem that I will have to stretch my budget by 20-30k for this (considering the max group buy discount). Will Demo next month post the situation settles down a bit more.
Hi, in case you are considering Indiq the group buy is ending on 20th June (24 members have commited till date) and as on date Indiq is offering fantastic offer. cheers

Hi, in case you are considering Indiq the group buy is ending on 20th June (24 members have commited till date) and as on date Indiq is offering fantastic offer. cheers

I'll be likely going with the QA setup only (wifey likes the aesthetics better, having a difficult time convincing her). From what I have read, I am sure this is a acoustically poor choice, but I am hoping my inexperienced years don't notice it much and I can live with the looks.

I'll be likely going with the QA setup only (wifey likes the aesthetics better, having a difficult time convincing her). From what I have read, I am sure this is a acoustically poor choice, but I am hoping my inexperienced years don't notice it much and I can live with the looks.
You are being allowed to have a 5.1 with permission and I would not disturb that balance with any argument ;) .... have fun with your setup.

Cheers

I've started on making some small purchases now, starting with cables, as they will need to be fitted during the interior/false ceiling process. My math shows around 35-40M consumption, so thinking about getting 50M to get some buffer.

The cheapest quote I have for the Belden 8477 is Rs 160+GST/M (comes to Rs 9,440 in all). Is this reasonable?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back