My First HT Room !!!

Looks good. Any plan to darken walls? I have projector setup with 120 inch screen. Setup is done at living area. White walls completely ruins the experience. Every wall gets lightened up, affects the picture quality on screen. I am moving my setup to bedroom room for this sole reason.

Thanx :)
Nope no plans to darken walls
Cheers,
Aditya

Thanx :)
Nope no plans to darken walls
Cheers,
Aditya
No, we insist :D
Seriously, consider this advice. I have the same experience. Lighter walls mess up the movie viewing experience with projector totally. The kind of contrast you get with dark (even grey etc) interiors is simply many many times better than the light colored. This will make or break your HT in my experience.

Yes. After investing so much i am not happy at all. I know my proj is brilliant and i am not making any justice to it.
Soon i am going to darken walls for sure

Yes. After investing so much i am not happy at all. I know my proj is brilliant and i am not making any justice to it.

True that.

This comment is cent percent true Acquarian. If you have a dedicated room then i assure you MusicHeart and Sash are telling the truth and you've got to at least try to darken everything in your room on a trial basis at least. One cant even imagine how much significant difference it can make to the black levels. You will start seeing things in the same movies that u never realised were there . Believe it or not right contrast which is achievable only by the most correct black color reproduction is the most important factor in achiving visual excellence in ultimate projection.

Unfortunately I am in rented place so i cant do much but i tried my best by using black curtains though i had to leave the white ceiling untouched. But just the black curtains in half of my walls made day and night difference to my experience. Every single person owning a projector MUST realise the value of a dark if not black coloured room.

Last edited:
No, we insist :D

Seriously, consider this advice. I have the same experience. Lighter walls mess up the movie viewing experience with projector totally. The kind of contrast you get with dark (even grey etc) interiors is simply many many times better than the light colored. This will make or break your HT in my experience.

True that.

This comment is cent percent true Acquarian. If you have a dedicated room then i assure you MusicHeart and Sash are telling the truth and you've got to at least try to darken everything in your room on a trial basis at least. One cant even imagine how much significant difference it can make to the black levels. You will start seeing things in the same movies that u never realised were there . Believe it or not right contrast which is achievable only by the most correct black color reproduction is the most important factor in achiving visual excellence in ultimate projection.

Unfortunately I am in rented place so i cant do much but i tried my best by using black curtains though i had to leave the white ceiling untouched. But just the black curtains in half of my walls made day and night difference to my experience. Every single person owning a projector MUST realise the value of a dark if not black coloured room.

Thanx guys
But this is a rented place I can't do anything here, maybe like u said htfan I can drop some black curtains from side walls. I totally understand the difference that black or dark interiors make in a dedicated HT room, this has been discussed and thought over lot of times but I really can't do much in this room.
Cheers,
Aditya

Congrats on the entire Setup and loved the way you went about upgrading from a very basic setup to something which would blow you away completely, a very interesting and detailed setup right, was quite busy for some while due to which couldn't closely follow the thread, and as mentioned darkening the room would help and will improve your viewing. I think for a temporary setup, just curtains would do fine. Hope you get your sub delivered ASAP. Waiting for you to get to your New Home and hoping to see a dedicated HT in a larger room :D Congo Once again. :clapping:

One possible alternative i can suggest is trying led projector. I was having led projector mere 300 lumins. Dell m110. I was much happy with it . room was much darker and experiance was awesome. If you can ask ur dealar for demo n comparison of both projectors then you might get idea. With white walls led makes sense. Lg pa 70g is awesome projector. Dlp needs dark enviornment.

Congrats on the entire Setup and loved the way you went about upgrading from a very basic setup to something which would blow you away completely, a very interesting and detailed setup right, was quite busy for some while due to which couldn't closely follow the thread, and as mentioned darkening the room would help and will improve your viewing. I think for a temporary setup, just curtains would do fine. Hope you get your sub delivered ASAP. Waiting for you to get to your New Home and hoping to see a dedicated HT in a larger room :D Congo Once again. :clapping:

thanx ray :)
been long time :)
how r u ??

One possible alternative i can suggest is trying led projector. I was having led projector mere 300 lumins. Dell m110. I was much happy with it . room was much darker and experiance was awesome. If you can ask ur dealar for demo n comparison of both projectors then you might get idea. With white walls led makes sense. Lg pa 70g is awesome projector. Dlp needs dark enviornment.

no upgrades on equipment ....... my choice of projector upgrade is JVC for now .... planning for a anamorphic lens as well ... but have to see when the time comes to upgrade projector whether i will buy JVC or anythign else , for now , only speakers subwoofer nothing else.
Cheers,
Aditya

Thats a big step. Hope u r aware that thing costs as much as a high end projector itself.

Anamorphic lens costs about 1.5 to 2.0 L and more than that as far as I know.
Since my expectations about the room is high, I am planning for that.
but again like I said it depends on the time when I make the purchase.
Cheers,
Aditya

Anamorphic lens costs about 1.5 to 2.0 L and more than that as far as I know.
Since my expectations about the room is high, I am planning for that.
but again like I said it depends on the time when I make the purchase.
Cheers,
Aditya

Cool then look forward to that day. There is really nothing like an anamorphic set up for a 2.35:1 screen. Either that or for a layman do black masking/curtain on a 16:9 screen to make black bar invisible in dark room. those are the only two ways to get the experience identical to a movie theatre. I have the latter kind of set up.

Cool then look forward to that day. There is really nothing like an anamorphic set up for a 2.35:1 screen. Either that or for a layman do black masking/curtain on a 16:9 screen to make black bar invisible in dark room. those are the only two ways to get the experience identical to a movie theatre. I have the latter kind of set up.

Cool :)
why dont u post some pics of your HT setup ... i been asking since very long now :D

Cool :)
why dont u post some pics of your HT setup ... i been asking since very long now :D

Sure will do some day. Its just that i dont get excited by this thing where i show stuff i own...not to offend you just telling my own personality. I enjoy reading bout this stuff when others talk. Donno why for me its that way and so it usually goes down the priority lane :D. But Will do for sure.

Sure will do some day. Its just that i dont get excited by this thing where i show stuff i own...not to offend you just telling my own personality. I enjoy reading bout this stuff when others talk. Donno why for me its that way and so it usually goes down the priority lane :D. But Will do for sure.

No prob .... Just asking,
Just like u even I enjoy when others discuss and show off their stuff :D
Cheers,
Aditya

So ...... While am waiting for SVS PB13 Ultra ...... I went Crazy, and i mean totally out of my mind ...... and I ended up buying

Klipsch RP 450C Center Channel
Klipsch RP 250S Surrounds(pair) :yahoo: :yahoo:
Delivery of these 3 speakers is in 4 days, SVS PB13 Ultra will not reach me even until that time :mad:..... hmmmm
My excitement stays same for the subwoofer, actually am more excited for subwoofer than these center and surrounds.
:( I wonder , what else am gonna buy before SVS reaches me.
damn........

So ...... While am waiting for SVS PB13 Ultra ...... I went Crazy, and i mean totally out of my mind ...... and I ended up buying

Awesome....hats off to you!!! That's hell lot of a money that too for unplanned buy :lol:.

Delivery of these 3 speakers is in 4 days, SVS PB13 Ultra will not reach me even until that time :mad:..... hmmmm
My excitement stays same for the subwoofer, actually am more excited for subwoofer than these center and surrounds.
:( I wonder , what else am gonna buy before SVS reaches me.
damn........

Wish i had this much money :p jk

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back