My New DIY Project: 3-Way Floorstander

@ Doors

The frequency response of S20NI is pretty much linear till 5KHz, that's why i choose that point. And as you said more tweaks with active....:)

Let me add a point here:
Before starting the actual work i was gathering information as much as i can, i have talked to some peoples regarding this. I got good feedback from them, but it seems like If i talk to n no. of people i was getting n no. of suggestions. So i was not able to finalize on one. Finally i decided to do it my way....:) seems a bit odd but i am 100% satisfied with the result that's what i believe the main intention behind DIY...........

Let me add a point here:
Before starting the actual work i was gathering information as much as i can, i have talked to some peoples regarding this. I got good feedback from them, but it seems like If i talk to n no. of people i was getting n no. of suggestions. So i was not able to finalize on one. Finally i decided to do it my way....:) seems a bit odd but i am 100% satisfied with the result that's what i believe the main intention behind DIY...........

Whatever you do there is always a better/different way to do the same, besides a lot depends on what the creator wants and not what ideally should be. I find your job very interesting.

Bibin, this is fantabulous! Please do invite for an audition once your amp is also done, would love to hear the combo. I am also curious to see a set up with an active x-over.
Once again, awesome workmanship, drool worthy!

amazing workmanship without taking the help of a carpenter or a painter.

Thats what engineers are all about. inquisitive ness in learning anything which comes our way.

THanks

Bibin, this is fantabulous! Please do invite for an audition once your amp is also done, would love to hear the combo. I am also curious to see a set up with an active x-over.
Once again, awesome workmanship, drool worthy!
@ iaudio,

Thank you for the coment and you are always welcome to audition this. The active x-over project is a bit delayed due to tight work schedule at office.

I have completed one Class A (Jean Hiraga's Le Monstre) amp (High) for this and also finished the drawings for enclousre. Need to get few VU meters (pending), few other components are received from partsexpress yesterday.

Also completed the work of HTPC using Asus Xonar Essence STX this month.

Has to build one more Class A amp (Mid) and one class AB (Low), then building the enclosure etc.....lots of work........

FM Madhu Kannan has already visited my place to audition the speakers, GeorgeO might be visiting my place this weekend.

Thanks,
Bibin

Last edited:
@ pdhanwada,

Thank you for the comment, actually the spray painting was not that easy as i thought. It really requires a lot of practice and experience to achieve the finish. This was my first attempt with a spray gun and i am not that satisfied with the current finish.

Need to practice more, may be after that i can apply one more final coat to get a better finish.

thanks,
Bibin

Excellent stuff bibin3210. I just read this thread from starting to end. I am sure your workmanship is very good and best thing is how to make it even better.

Amazing stuff Bibin. Really inspiring and awesome work on the paint job. I'm an awe. It looks really professional. And your tools, wow, somethig to drool for.

I had a long an interesting chat with Bibin on Monday morning, about various audio related matters, and hope to make a visit to his place on my next Cochin trip.

It was really a nice chat George Uncle. Your new Toy is really awesome......I hope the rubber bushes are for that project. Have you got them?

Next time we should plan in advance and meet.

I was fortunate to be able to meet up with Bibin a few weeks back. Saw Bibins workshop where his next speaker build is progressing. They do look quite exotic, cant wait to see the finished product.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back