My New DIY Project: 3-Way Floorstander

I was fortunate to be able to meet up with Bibin a few weeks back. Saw Bibins workshop where his next speaker build is progressing. They do look quite exotic, cant wait to see the finished product.

@Titus,

Hope to complete the painting jobs by end of this week. Going to give a matt finish with Black for base and White for Cylinders and frame.

Thanks,
Bibin

Capt, I thought I told you about it! But anyway, we could not have made it in the small window of time we had! WTH, make another visit to Cochin, we will pay a visit to Bibin!

Capt, I thought I told you about it! But anyway, we could not have made it in the small window of time we had! WTH, make another visit to Cochin, we will pay a visit to Bibin!

Titus told me that you were here last week. We will meet on your next visit to Cochin.

Yes, Titus mentioned about Bibin but we barely had enough time to listen to a couple of tracks on his system and then the Rethms. But for him, I wouldn't have been able to even locate their place, what to talk of listening to the Rethms.

@Bibin, I'll surely make it next time.

Few major tools i have used for the enclosure work:
1. B&D Router
2. B&D Circular Saw
3. B&D Jig Saw
4. B&D Cordless Hand Drill
5. B&D Hand Drill
6. Air Compressor
7. HVLP Spray Gun

Great work.

A small question, regarding the router, did you use a circle jig to create the countersink holes or did you do it "manually". There is a circle jig @ parts express and I was wondering if you had tried it (and it fit the b & d model available in india)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Great work.

A small question, regarding the router, did you use a circle jig to create the countersink holes or did you do it "manually". There is a circle jig @ parts express and I was wondering if you had tried it (and it fit the b & d model available in india)

Thank you.....

I modified the circle cutting jig came with B&D router to make those flush mounts. The circle jig@ PE is really nice, but i don't think it will fit the B&D router and for that cost we can by good quality router (Indian brand) including circle cutting jig. Far better than the B&D.

Great work.

You can rig up a simple circle jig for cheap. Posted here -

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/22579...ds1510-direct-servo-sub-kit-6.html#post328844

http://www.hifivision.com/diy/26688-time-another-diy-workshop-bangalore-17.html

Last edited:

Really nice articles. But most of them are only good for making large cuts say 4" and above. Jasper is really good for making small circles, it can cut 2.25 inch dia circles. This is very important for making flush mounts for tweeters.

thanks,
Bibin

Really nice articles. But most of them are only good for making large cuts say 4" and above. Jasper is really good for making small circles, it can cut 2.25 inch dia circles. This is very important for making flush mounts for tweeters.

thanks,
Bibin

Thanks, bibin3210,

My question was exactly that. Does your b&d router fit the jasper jig. If you modified your b&d jig, could you (maybe in a pm) explain how (and what) you did?

Thanks

Thanks, bibin3210,

My question was exactly that. Does your b&d router fit the jasper jig. If you modified your b&d jig, could you (maybe in a pm) explain how (and what) you did?

Thanks

I don't think it is possible to directly fit the Jasper jig to B@D router. I will take few snaps of my modified jig and post it here.

Thanks,
Bibin

I don't think it is possible to directly fit the Jasper jig to B@D router. I will take few snaps of my modified jig and post it here.

Thanks,
Bibin

Hi bibin,

Would be really great in you posted pics of your modified jig whenever you have the spare time.

Thanks

That is some awesome build.

I will be coming to cochin for some speaker auditions soon.
I assume, i can call/contact you, so that i can have a good look (& listen) at the build and also the workshop and tools used!!..

Whats the estimated cost of 3 way floorstander, where to get all components ?, I belong to calicut, i ll be visiting ernakulam soon, can i get drivers from ernakulam ? Thanks in advance.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back