My new Philips PFL5609 LCDtv

I found this problem again this weekend. I had two movies in two folders (GI Joe and Dark Knight). And each of them had english subtitles in those folders. When I play it on my 5609, it shows subtitles for Dark Knight, but for GI Joe it doesnt. Wondering what is causing this......:mad:

Are subtitles really reqd?I feel irritating with letters @ bottom.
I dont know how to stop.

I dont know how to stop.
hi
i am not an expert, but it works for me. here are the steps:
1. rename the avi and srt file so that they have same name.
2. keep the movie and the srt (subtitle file) in the same folder.
3. now put the pendrive and run the avi file. it will automatically show the subtitles now on you tv/ lappy
4. to remove subtitle, just delete or use the option on remote.
cheers

hi
3. now put the pendrive and run the avi file. it will automatically show the subtitles now on you tv/ lappy
cheers

I dont know how to stop.

Hi spiro
could you mention your complete detailed specs of your htpc.
Thx in advance.
I am also planning to make a htpc.

I got this PC for 2yrs back.

CPU - Intel C2D E4500
MB - MSI945 GCM5 F1
Ram - 1 GB X 2kingston
HDD - seagate 120GB (WD500GB ext with zappys case)
GC - 7300 LE(Big/Galaxy)
SC - Xonar D2X
SMPS-VIP gold 400w
DVI> HDMI connector
MX 3mtr HDMI1.3b cable
OS -XP SP2

In short my signature-

http://www.hifivision.com/television/6754-my-new-philips-pfl5609-lcdtv-4.html

Now everyone prefers AMD for HTPC.

I dont know how to stop.

In most cases I dont need them, but when I am watching english movies, I sometimes feel the need especially when the actors are speaking in a low tone or fast etc.

hi
cheers

Hey Mukti,

I always do it the way you have said, and it works perfectly on my laptop, but the problem is when I try to play the same movie on my 5609 TV, it doesnt. And as you've mentioned lastly, which is the option on remote to enable or disable subtitles?

Only when the name of the .srt file exactly matches the video filename, it identifies the subtitles properly. I mean even if there is a difference with a space ' ', would not properly identify it.

So generally what I do is, on your pc,
F2 the video file, (rename)
copy it,
F2 the srt file, (rename)
paste it.

I do this for my WDTV to identify the subs. The same applies to anything, as this has become the standard.

Also for Philips 5609, seems there is an option as subtitle zoom. try that on the remote or settings menu. So, surely an option would be there to switch it off, when there is an option for zoom.

Also for Philips 5609, seems there is an option as subtitle zoom. try that on the remote or settings menu. So, surely an option would be there to switch it off, when there is an option for zoom.

I need to try that ,thanks for suggestion.

hi everyone, i just bought a philips 5609.. each time i watch a movie from usb, i get pic n sound n all.. but the subtitles are very small.. the SUBTITLE ZOOM works for tv mode perfectly.. but it is not working for the usb mode... can anyone suggest a solution..

thank u..

rajan

I dont know how to stop.

You don't atch many english movies it seems..
In case of complex movies in fact subtitles is boon.
Like Baz Lutermans Romeo and Juliet.I was not able to understand what is going on when I saw first 15 minuts on TV.The dialogs are Shakespearian prose....which I never studied.
When I saw it with subtitles I was bowled by beauty of prose ....mindboggling!
The same effect was for Moulin Rougue...also many complex thrillers where each word is important like Runway Jury,Spy Game,Mission Impossible ( Part One only ,rest were action blue films-story was inserted in action scenes!) and many more were made inmensly enjoyable with subtitles!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back