My next SubGrade!

My room size is 25ft x 12ft with lots of openings on multiple sides. But my listening area is just 12ft x 12ft.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Surrealistix:

Why don't you pick up the HSU from their dealer in Singapore and bring it as personal baggage? I did the same and paid Rs.2000 as customs duty!! If you have a frequent flyer card with some airline they will allow you to carry extra weight without any hassles.

Cheers

It's 45 Kilos! I am already carrying surround and center speakers back with me, so unfortunately that's not an option.

Does anyone know of cheap freight options from Singapore to India?

Check with the dealer as well as regular couriers such as Fedex and DHL. If you can wait for some time, I am sure they will offer better prices than their one day or two day charges. You can also try the Airline you are flying and see if they will bring it as cargo.

But if you ship it any way, you have to go to customs and clear it yourself, or through a freight agent.

Another option for you! Rythmic Audio kits are well known and highly regarded among LFE lovers ;). The kit comes with template, measurement for cabinet etc

Hope this will reduce customs duty & import charges

It's 45 Kilos! I am already carrying surround and center speakers back with me, so unfortunately that's not an option.

Does anyone know of cheap freight options from Singapore to India?

Hi Sunil,

What is involved in converting the kit from Rythmik to a working subwoofer? Did you use the same kit for building yours?

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

I know Nick personally, read his thread here

This is richard's one, you can see a lot more detail in his thread regarding construction. Richard originally planned to buy my SVS PC+, but carried away with his interest in DIY project

Another one with 15" kit.

enough reading for a day? :D

pnredkar: Cutting pieces for cabinet is simple task, but get the bracing perfectly is the trick, but doable in a day or two. If you are going for front firing, make sure you are flush fitting the driver for better finish.

Srikanth must have something to add :)

I found a post on another forum with photographs of the cabinet construction

Long Overdue Rythmik-Audio Servo-Sub Project - Agoraquest - Sony Forum, News, Reviews

Any other Sub I should be considering in this price range? Any help in finalizing on a Sub within the next 4 days will be much appreciated.

since it is an HT + Music use vandersteen 2q is an option. try getting in touch with the international distributor in the US. he may be able to give a 10-20% reduction in MRP for shipment to India. there is a distributor in india but he apparently does not respond.

I had heard this from one of the forum members here who should be able to give more details..

Last edited:
I went ahead and built a DIY Sub using the Eminence Lab 12 driver

I bought a Tapco Juice 2500 Pro amp to power the subwoofer.

It's all worked out very well and am very happy with the build. I will post pics and details soon.

I've read this along with 2 other links to subwoofer discussions someone else had put together. But am still looking for an answer: which subwoofer to buy?

My setup & usage:
- Jamo E7 set (no sub) with E770 L/R floorstanders, Yamaha old amp @ 85 wpc
- Usage is 80% movies, 20% music and in both I feel a lack of deep bass. Most of the time I can't play the system very loud coz of my 1 year old. So I need something that will add punch to both at low volumes
- Room size is small: maybe 10 x 12 feet

If I have a budget of 25K, what are the brands/models I should go look for? Haven't auditioned anything yet except the Jamo sub while buying the speakers and didn't like that.

Pls help - any suggestion is welcome coz I really have no idea where to start!

I've read this along with 2 other links to subwoofer discussions someone else had put together. But am still looking for an answer: which subwoofer to buy?

My setup & usage:
- Jamo E7 set (no sub) with E770 L/R floorstanders, Yamaha old amp @ 85 wpc
- Usage is 80% movies, 20% music and in both I feel a lack of deep bass. Most of the time I can't play the system very loud coz of my 1 year old. So I need something that will add punch to both at low volumes
- Room size is small: maybe 10 x 12 feet

If I have a budget of 25K, what are the brands/models I should go look for? Haven't auditioned anything yet except the Jamo sub while buying the speakers and didn't like that.

Pls help - any suggestion is welcome coz I really have no idea where to start!

QBic by Lithos.
qbic

Thanks but am based in bangalore. Don't see anything from Lithos except in Mumbai. Any idea if/where I can audition in Blr?

I started this thread a few months in the persuit of a Subwoofer. I finally decided to build a sub. You can read about it on the DIY section.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back