My Second Project Multimedia Speakers based on TL & Wave Principle

sadik

My New Project (Multimedia Speakers)

Dear DIY'ers... After my First Built Enclosure for 8" SUB... I am trying my hands on a set of Decent Multimedia Speakers Based on some what like a TL & Wave Principle.

Scope of Work Completed till now.
Drivers : I'll be using 2.1/2" FR purchased locally. Power Handling 15W @ 8 ohms. More Details are not available but looks ok for my Project i have heard them and they sound very good.
Drawing : Making a 3D Model is Completed with Final layout and Dimensions.
Wood : 12mm MDF, Cut Sheets are ready according to Required Sizes. ( Sizes 250 x 150 mm Qty : 2 Nos missing in Drawing attached)
Amplifier : PAM 8403 Purchased online from SUNROM Electronics. (For Listening Demo visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-k0tA1G2M) Best thing about this amp is, it will be Powered by a USB Cable Right From PC itself.
Assembly : Just Started. Pics attached

Scheduled Completion Date : By this Week End (28th June 2015)

This is just a Try and Error so Not sure what will be the results but i am going for a try. So all the Suggestions from Experienced Members are welcomed.

Sadik Bhatkar

Attachments

• Cutting Size Sheets.jpg
    Cutting Size Sheets.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 266
  • 20150623_154656.jpg
    20150623_154656.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 264
  • Round.jpg
    Round.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Assembly Phase 1.jpg
    Assembly Phase 1.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 267
  • Multi Media 2.5.pdf
    66.3 KB · Views: 64
Looking good Sadik, and quite promising. Smoothening corner with those wood bits are novel idea.

Did you reduce gap of path progressively as we discussed?

Looking good Sadik, and quite promising. Smoothening corner with those wood bits are novel idea.

Did you reduce gap of path progressively as we discussed?

Not yet ....but i can make that later also ... I have an idea in my mind for same if my design fails.

What is wave principle? What did you use to model the line?
Thank you for ur interest Keith. This is my own design based on observations of Bose wave pattern. I have not used any calculations for this design...

Last edited by a moderator:
wouldnt it be better if the amp had a bit more headroom?

Thank You for your interest. For the First time i am sharing the File on Google Drive. If the Procedure of mine is right for sharing the file you can view it on below link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2a9DN9GbmtBVDRFNEpVTUlSZmM/view?usp=sharing

Its an 3D pdf document with Amp assembly inside the Speaker Enclosure. You can see it by yourself how much Space is there. (The Drawing was made in Full Scale)

You may need to Download the file in order to view it because you cannot view it directly on Browser. I tried it on Firefox and when i clicked on the link it didnt show me the 3D drawing in Browser. Only after downloading it i was able to view the 3D pdf File.

Please let me know if you are able to Download the File. By knowing this it will be of Great use to me in my Future attachments for our Forum.

Any particular reason why? Why would you not use freely available software to model this instead of working blind?

Thats a Good Question Keith...

First of all... I am very Poor when it comes to Software's for Designing Enclosures for Speakers. Besides that I'm an DIY'er... So even if the Design Fails Doesn't matters..... I Can get to learn from the Failure, Correct my mistakes and Built It again, after-all Failure is the Best Teacher for DIY'er... Secondly These are my baby steps towards DIY... May be after few Weeks as i go deep n deep and gain some knowledge.. I might try my hands on using Software for Modelling the Enclosures.

I had meet Mr. Sumanta Personally One of our Site Member he suggested me to Reduce the Gap of Path Gradually. But the meeting happened a little late cz all the Cut sheets were ready with respect to their sizes so I have to Stay on my Original Design First and If it Fails .... I will try Mr. Sumanta Suggestion.

Fun Part of Going Blind "You cannot Forget the Knowledge gained by your Struggle and Failure"

It is not opening even after download. Besides there is a small amp dayton audio dta 2 available at diyaudiocart.com which will give you better headroom and sound quality than the pam.

I like your attitude. That's the way to go ......

Thankx Bro .... :thumbsup:

It is not opening even after download. Besides there is a small amp dayton audio dta 2 available at diyaudiocart.com which will give you better headroom and sound quality than the pam.

Thankx for Replying about it ... I Checked the File without logging in the form or Google... And its opening here ... I am using Adobe Reader Version 11.0.11

I'll have a look at your specified amp... but right now i have already purchased the Amp and Designed the fitment accordingly. Will Upload fitment Photos later.

Another way to approach this is to "struggle" to use the software and not forget the knowledge gained during that struggle :D

Yep Bro ... that time will also come soon... Once i get the Base to start with the Software ... From that time my Struggle will begin .... lol :lol:

Photos of Amplifier Assembly in Below Link

https://drive.google.com/folderview...QzbkducldHYjRNbnEzNnFrRjNsSG1YNVU&usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

You have finesse of a professional.
Now some theoretical knowledge and application software can take you fa far ahead.
Listen to all suggestions, read more too.

Thank you Sumanta Sir... My Target was to complete this by Today but unfortunately due to lack of time and other Professional work i didn't gave much time in this Project ... May be it will take another 2 to 3 days ... if i get Proper time.

Hello Friends,

Got some time to Complete the Enclosure (with Some Changes like Amp Fitment, Earlier the Fitment was Different) and test them, After testing i was quite happy with the Mid & Low Frequencies which were as expected by me. But the High Frequency, I was unable to get the "HIGH" Frequency as desired.. I Was aware of this Problem before staring this Project, as the Drivers which i had chosen were not FR. After all how much can we expect from Rs. 80/- Driver.

So I have to do some Modifications & Add the Missing Frequency. I Got New Highs, This was the "Gem" in Ring. The Results are Stunning. I Didn't Expect such a Sweet Sound from this small Size Enclosure. (Enclosure Size : 114 mm x 150 mm x 250 mm)

I have uploaded the Video of Testing on YouTube. Below is the Link of same.
http://youtu.be/STbsgFy5guM

Sound of a Mobile Video Recording ... You all know it guys I don't have to make it clear about the Sound Quality of Video Recorded from Mobile, But i Hope you can get an Idea how it Sounded. (At about 2:30 I have Increased the Volume so that i can shoot the Video from Distance of 10 Ft)

I Would like to thank Mr. Shailesh Dhodia, He was here at my House to Check the Sound of these Enclosures. And Really Guys I am Happy that he was so impressed by the Results. He Said.... "They Sound Very Good, Small Enclosure and Still the Room is Completely filled with Richness" Thank you Shailesh Bro ... This type of Words/Comments really gives us (DIYER's) the Punch, the Kick to keep on Experimenting New Things. & Sumanta Sir, We Did Missed You during the Testing. Wish u were Here to Verify the Results.

Link for Photos.
https://drive.google.com/folderview...QzbkducldHYjRNbnEzNnFrRjNsSG1YNVU&usp=sharing

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back