Need advice on 55-60" TV - Budget - Upto 1.75L

thanks guys for the suggestion. Will try to go for 65"..

LG CX and C1 performance seem similar , and CX seems a tad bit cheaper , why not CX ? I dont mind getting a older model if performance is at par with newer one.
From what I read in other forums, C1 has got a better panel (new material/sub-pixel geometry) and video processor. Vincent has done some side by side comparison of C1/CX, you can review those analysis as reference.

even if ordered online ? There is alteast 20-30K difference between both. If negotiated and if at all any shop wants to dispose last stock , i can bring the price down.
But as you said i can land up with a demo piece too..
Not sure about online. I got my c9 on dec 31st and it was delivered on jan 1st week and ended up being a demo unit. So purchasing cx on august or later has high chances of being a demo unit. Since Diwali is around the corner it’s best you wait till Diwali. Chances are there will be a group buy initiated by fm’s for C1.

LG CX and C1 performance seem similar , and CX seems a tad bit cheaper , why not CX ? I dont mind getting a older model if performance is at par with newer one.
CX is basically out of stock everywhere. If you can get it for cheaper AND verify if it isn't a demo unit go for it.

On the other hand, if you can get the CX demo unit at a massive discount, that's also a good option. Use it for 3 years and upgrade when QNED comes out.

Not sure about online. I got my c9 on dec 31st and it was delivered on jan 1st week and ended up being a demo unit. So purchasing cx on august or later has high chances of being a demo unit. Since Diwali is around the corner it’s best you wait till Diwali. Chances are there will be a group buy initiated by fm’s for C1.
group buy will be how much cheaper ? I havent bought anything through group buys ..

i got a quote from LG for CX 65 -
He said he can do it for 1.95L

I have asked few others shops over phone.

Problem is I might need to TV in a week or so, since my guest are coming.. The discounts during diwali looks good ..

But waiting till NOV 4 ... ? wish it was just around the corner .. :(

i got a quote from LG for CX 65 -
He said he can do it for 1.95L

I have asked few others shops over phone.

Problem is I might need to TV in a week or so, since my guest are coming.. The discounts during diwali looks good ..

But waiting till NOV 4 ... ? wish it was just around the corner .. :(
As long as it’s brand new and not a demo unit by all means go for cx.

even if ordered online ? There is alteast 20-30K difference between both. If negotiated and if at all any shop wants to dispose last stock , i can bring the price down.
But as you said i can land up with a demo piece too..
The LG store guy I talked to said he usually sends demo units online as they are also a seller on Amazon. Of course, he was trying to sell the TV offline to me at the time, so we need to take it with a grain of salt. But I'd say online doesn't guarantee you will get a new in box piece. As others mentioned, you have a better chance of getting a new in box C1 compared to CX

Agree, but when i spoke with LG guy , he said that piece was ordered for another customer but he backed off , also he has two more piece or something.

I specifically asked for a new one and not a demo one.

Also in LG CX/C1 , is there a method to see the runtime of the tv ?

C1 is bit pricey for 65" , almost 30K more. thats why.

You can check by
1. Go to settings
2. Support
3. Tv information
4. Total number of hours

It should be 0. Nothing above, nothing less.

Tell them you will pay only when you can confirm that total usage is zero. If it's demo the TV should be sold 30% below what they quoted you.

Never buy from Sathya, had very bad experience. Basically they sent me a demo one. After complaining they agreed to replace, the way they handled the TV while repacking from my home, they bent it, they basically didn't know how to pack. The second delivery too was a demo one. I got fed up and thought of keeping it with me and negotiate the price, but the TV got black while horizontal lines. It's not worth it to buy demo especially these guys dono how to repack properly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210828-220410__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-220410__01.jpg
    552.2 KB · Views: 18
If you are paying 2 lakhs and above for a tv , i dont see the logic in trying to save 20 or even 30k for a demo unit.
At half the going price its a good deal. Anything more just buy a new unit.

You can check by
1. Go to settings
2. Support
3. Tv information
4. Total number of hours

It should be 0. Nothing above, nothing less.

Tell them you will pay only when you can confirm that total usage is zero. If it's demo the TV should be sold 30% below what they quoted you.

Never buy from Sathya, had very bad experience. Basically they sent me a demo one. After complaining they agreed to replace, the way they handled the TV while repacking from my home, they bent it, they basically didn't know how to pack. The second delivery too was a demo one. I got fed up and thought of keeping it with me and negotiate the price, but the TV got black while horizontal lines. It's not worth it to buy demo especially these guys dono how to repack properly.
thanks for the info , will surely tell them that i will accept only a new TV

If it was me I will definitely wait for C1 till diwali.
C1 improves over CX

1) Chance of getting new evo panel (Although without any brightness benefits, better resistance to burn-in can be expected)
2) Better upscaling (minor)
3) No black crushing when using BFI
4) Dolby vision support @ 4k 120hz ( this may come to CX later)
5) Refreshed smart tv interface, game optimizer, new remote etc.

If it was me I will definitely wait for C1 till diwali.
C1 improves over CX

1) Chance of getting new evo panel (Although without any brightness benefits, better resistance to burn-in can be expected)
2) Better upscaling (minor)
3) No black crushing when using BFI
4) Dolby vision support @ 4k 120hz ( this may come to CX later)
5) Refreshed smart tv interface, game optimizer, new remote etc.
yes, i went through rting comparison.
Since i use external streamer (Himedia Q5Pro) , i am not much into smart tv and all other things are very minor except for one thing , the processor.

The new chip might offer better brightness , but since mine is well controlled dark room , i wouldnt bother much.

But i too love to have newer version of the TV. But deepavali is too long a wait , particularly when i need it withing few weeks.

But there are chances i might postpone..

If that is the case C1 will be my choice , but if at all there is massive dicsount on CX , i would get it .

1.8L is a good price for CX now.
You can get C1 around the price during diwali if you can wait.
There are always compromises. C2 will be marginally better compared to C1, no use comparing endlessly. If you want to buy right now, go for non demo CX for 180k.
And dont get the 55" if you can afford the 65" and it is your main TV. Almost everyone who got a 55" last year are in remorse against 65"

I bought 65 CX in April (offseason) for 1.92 lakhs in Croma (who do not entertain bargaining). Now it is at the last stages of inventory so they have to clear space for newer models to display and I guess it is a golden opportunity to get great prices.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back