Need feedback on Yamaha RX-V565/RX-V765

shinshya

Hi All,

I have joined this forum just today, though I have been going through the discussions for a while.

I need help from all you gurus in deciding on the Yamaha amplifier.

I am in japan right now... There are these AX-V series amps available here namely, AX-V565, AX-V765 which are exquivalent to the RX-V565 & RX-V765 with very minor differences. I am contemplating to go for one of these models, though they need a step down transformer(240V->110V) to be able to use in India.

Does any of you have first hand experience with these receivers?

Would it be good idea to go for either of these ones OR Are there better amps available in India?

I am getting these ones for almost half the price here(compared the prices on Yamaha India/US sites). AX-V565 for around INR 20K & AX-v765 for INR 35K

Your feedback will help me greatly.

Thanks in advance.

We have discussed the 565 and 765 quite extensively on the forum. In essence, Yamaha changed the specifications of the power unit inside these models and tossed away the grip they had on the market last year with their 663 and 863 series.

If you are keen on an Yamaha, I would look at a 1900 at the minimum. They also have new models - 1065 and 2065 - but I don;t have too much details on these. The 1900 has good feedback from the market.

Cheers

It all depends upon how you are going to use it and with what components you are going to pair the amp with. In a mid-size room (15*12) and sensitive+small speakers, you may not feel anything lacking, even in a 565.

Go for a 765 if you could afford it, or look at Denon 1910 or Onkyo 60x or 70x series. Onkyos, specifically if your preference is movies all the way. I read that the 765 has isolated power blocks (or something similar) and not much different from x63 series of last year.

PS: I have a 665.

Thanks Venkatcr, skumar for the quick response!

1900 is not available in Japan. 1065 is available at INR 42K.

I am tempted to go with 565 looking at the price I am getting(INR 20K). Planning to go for an advanced receiver few years down the line. I am thinking of pairing it with Jamo606/718(long term plan). Is it a good approach?

My requirement is 75% movies/TV/game and 25% music.

Please suggest if any alternatives which could suit my requirement.

Denon AVC-1610(1910 is not available) is available for 20k, is it a good amp to have.

skumar: what did you pair the 665 with? Guess you are in Hyderabad.

665 is paired with Axiom M3s, VP100, QS8s and then a BIC-1020 as the sub. This is in a 15*15 open hall (both horizontally and vertically), so far no complaints on the DD/DTS front.

I need to listen to a few Stereo setups before I could comment on the 665's 2.0/2.1 output.

Yes, you guessed it right, I live in Hyd.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back