Need Help - 42inch

floyd4ever

as the new year is closing in. i m planin to buy an LCD/Plasma. Pls help

My budget is 55k (MAX)

zeroed in on.

LG LH35 - Love the divx support - 50k
50inch B450 Samsung plasma - dono price. if some1 can help me on what to bargain for it will be great
LG LH50 - 60k - 200 Motion flow.
samsung 40B530 52k

My main usage is Set top box + HDmovies through HTPC..

pls tell me which is good.. and what is a good price too..

thanks a ton..

as the new year is closing in. i m planin to buy an LCD/Plasma. Pls help

My budget is 55k (MAX)

zeroed in on.

LG LH35 - Love the divx support - 50k
50inch B450 Samsung plasma - dono price. if some1 can help me on what to bargain for it will be great
LG LH50 - 60k - 200 Motion flow.
samsung 40B530 52k

My main usage is Set top box + HDmovies through HTPC..

pls tell me which is good.. and what is a good price too..

thanks a ton..

50B450 = 55 to 57k.
Best amoung the lot.

My friend got the 40B450 + DVD player for 48k during diwali. That price is no more valid.

I'm going ahead with LG 42PQ70 - 39K (with exchange). With the remaining money get yourself a WDTV + a 500 GB WD portable drive. You won't need your HTPC and the playback capabilities are superb in the WDTV.

I'm going ahead with LG 42PQ70 - 39K (with exchange). With the remaining money get yourself a WDTV + a 500 GB WD portable drive. You won't need your HTPC and the playback capabilities are superb in the WDTV.

Hey Kneo, When you are getting the WDTV, Please go for the samsung B450 plasma instead. It has better black levels.

ok i did go to store today.. and intense look at all..

the LGLH50 is good.. but has tinge of yellow in the whites and a very poor black level.

i saw a new contender. sony s550.- 53k.. looks great. any comments?

and philips 5609 is still in the back of my mind. pls help me i m buying one tomoro

ok i did go to store today.. and intense look at all..

the LGLH50 is good.. but has tinge of yellow in the whites and a very poor black level.

i saw a new contender. sony s550.- 53k.. looks great. any comments?

and philips 5609 is still in the back of my mind. pls help me i m buying one tomoro

Look at Samsung B530/550.
A Samsung in the same price range as Sony is always better than the sony at least in indian context.

LG LCDs will look bad in dark surroundings (night) due to poor black levels. You won't be exposed to such surroundings in show room auditions. Pick it at your own risk. If you are used to watching movies at night, just avoid them. They look much better in better light.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back