Need Help about Pioneer Htp RS-33

pritam2601

I am using Pioneer Htp Rs-33 for almost 5 month.The AV receiver is VSX 323.I found that in some songs which have good bass it sounded very good.Especially the bass is mind blowing.I Love its Bass.But in this system only bass is good.The clarity is not so good.Audio clarity is not crisp.My previous sound system was Logitech Z906.I found personally Logitech Z906 have far better performance than this pioneer rs33.Logitech Z906 sound is very crisp & clear and surround channels are awesome.But the Pioneer RS33 is dull.Pioneer Rs 33 plays good only on high bassy music.I am very disappointed with this system.Even Logitech Z906 a 17.5k system has better audio clarity than this 45k crap system.I think i losses my money.While taking demo in Reliance digital they plays high bassy songs and i love it..And then i purchase it.Actually i have never plan to buy AV receivers system.But in reviews of audio system i found AV receivers are far better than HTIB system.But from which aspects? Even i found Sony HTiv 300 performs better sometimes than this RS33 system.I think the culprit is the AV receiver VSX 323.Its a very basic model of pioneer.So can i buy an another AV receiver like Yamaha HTR3066 for this speakers package ?Also i found another system that is Yamaha YHT299 but i found it have low bass in demo.But the av receiver is too good in YHT 299..So can i buy Yamaha HTR3066 av receiver for my current RS33 speaker package ? Please give me your suggestion guys...Waiting for your favorable reply..Thanks.

The main issue is acoustics.When you take Demo,acoustic issue in minimum compared to living room.Towers should be kept away from rear and side wall to avoid boom.Secondly speakers itself may not be as good ad Andrew Johns series.Also speaker wires do play role to some in final sound quality.

But the Speakers are better from yamaha yht299 i think.So if i add a good av receiver like yamaha, can it produce good sound ? The sub is better than YHT299.But YHT299 have better av receiver than Pioneer RS33 have.YHT299 have better av receiver and the pioneer RS33 have better speakers..And that's the problem i think..My room size is small.So what can i do bro ? Please give me a good suggestion...I have no money for pioneer Andrew Johns speakers.

Agree with spirovious.
I think the weaker link is your speaker package than blaming AVR. Entry level AVR with a good speakers should sound much better than logitechs. Please see If you can demo the same AVR + Boston acoustics 5.1 package.

Hi

I used to have the pioneer RS 32 and i felt like the same way you are right now..it's muddy, no crisp highs and that center channel is a trash hollow sound box with no clarity at all..this system good only for heavy bass party songs...

i wasted 40k on this package when it came out and sold the whole package for 20k on quikr ..

as i burnt money on this trash system, so started looking to buy some budget HT

these are the systems auditioned and available at that time :

yamaha 299
Jamo S426 HCS 3
Andrew Jones package

Out of all, i felt AJ package sounded very good and immediately bought that HT along with yamaha rxv 375

Now i'm very happy that i got good HT finally, wat a relief from those Pioneer trash :)

Agree with spirovious.
I think the weaker link is your speaker package than blaming AVR. Entry level AVR with a good speakers should sound much better than logitechs. Please see If you can demo the same AVR + Boston acoustics 5.1 package.

I know Boston Acoustics make better speakers than pioneer.But In my location there is no option to buy Boston Acoustics.Also there is no service center of Boston Acoustics in my location.

Hi

I used to have the pioneer RS 32 and i felt like the same way you are right now..it's muddy, no crisp highs and that center channel is a trash hollow sound box with no clarity at all..this system good only for heavy bass party songs...

i wasted 40k on this package when it came out and sold the whole package for 20k on quikr ..

as i burnt money on this trash system, so started looking to buy some budget HT

these are the systems auditioned and available at that time :

yamaha 299
Jamo S426 HCS 3
Andrew Jones package

Out of all, i felt AJ package sounded very good and immediately bought that HT along with yamaha rxv 375

Now i'm very happy that i got good HT finally, wat a relief from those Pioneer trash :)

I have demoed yht299 already..I like its av receivers crisp sound quality.But the sub i dont like of yht299.its only 6.4 inch.Even sony have better Sub.I auditioned it and found lacks of Bass.But it sounded more crisp..But i need good bass along with good crisp audio quality.
What price you invest for your av packages now ? Yamaha + AJ speakers.

I have demoed yht299 already..I like its av receivers crisp sound quality.But the sub i dont like of yht299.its only 6.4 inch.Even sony have better Sub.I auditioned it and found lacks of Bass.But it sounded more crisp..But i need good bass along with good crisp audio quality.
You can try your AVR with different speaker packages available in your city.Carry your AVR and check at dealers place.
Coming to Pioneer AVR,they output very good SW sound.The same sub will sound tight and marginally better than Yamaha in HT.
Yamaha on other side is better for both movie and music.So just check some mismatch and find best.Your package speakers are not great though.:)

You can try your AVR with different speaker packages available in your city.Carry your AVR and check at dealers place.
Coming to Pioneer AVR,they output very good SW sound.The same sub will sound tight and marginally better than Yamaha in HT.
Yamaha on other side is better for both movie and music.So just check some mismatch and find best.Your package speakers are not great though.:)

So its the fault of my speaker package ? Is Pioneer VSX 323 is a good AVR ? I think it may not create some sweet sound.The center is not so clear and crisp.Also surround is not so clear.But previously i used Logitech Z906 which have crystal clear sound with tight Bass.But unfortunately Logitech Z906 has same known issues, that it auto power shutdown.So i return it and buy RS33.The Logitech price was 17.5k and it still better sounded than 45k Pioneer.How is it possible ?? Pioneer RS-33 is an AV receiver system.It should be sounded atleast better than Sony , samsung HTIB's...I dont know if RS33 is better than Sony or Philips HTIB's...Although Reliance Digital guy said RS33 is far better than Sony HTIB with BD player.. Feeling very much frustrated...

When you say the Logitech sounded better I hope you don't mean the sound was coloured too much with bass or treble, giving a feel that it is more crisp (or sharp so to say). That sound may not be a close to accurate reproduction of the source material.
When I started using the Yamaha RX-V 471 AVR (with Andrew Jones BS22 bookshelfs) I felt it is not giving me that extra (extended) bass or treble all the time. But using it over a period of time I realized the tonal quality of the sound depends on how the source material is recorded and the amp does not colour it too much, even if you bump the bass/treble settings or equalizer. If the source (mp3/radio/movie) has high frequency effects the avr-speaker combination is able to faithfully reproduce it crisp and clear. If the source is bland (like SD channel from DTH) you wont hear much treble and bass. If the same SD channel is watched on a cheap 2.1 speaker system and I turn the treble/bass up there are some artificial screeches and booms.

When you say the Logitech sounded better I hope you don't mean the sound was coloured too much with bass or treble, giving a feel that it is more crisp (or sharp so to say). That sound may not be a close to accurate reproduction of the source material.
When I started using the Yamaha RX-V 471 AVR (with Andrew Jones BS22 bookshelfs) I felt it is not giving me that extra (extended) bass or treble all the time. But using it over a period of time I realized the tonal quality of the sound depends on how the source material is recorded and the amp does not colour it too much, even if you bump the bass/treble settings or equalizer. If the source (mp3/radio/movie) has high frequency effects the avr-speaker combination is able to faithfully reproduce it crisp and clear. If the source is bland (like SD channel from DTH) you wont hear much treble and bass. If the same SD channel is watched on a cheap 2.1 speaker system and I turn the treble/bass up there are some artificial screeches and booms.

Yes same thing in my AVR..I usualy play DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby True-HD.Some Audio have awesome clear sound like movie " Asique 2 " Songs with full of good Bass..But lots of time i got dull sound from many DTS-HD audio which is no crisp and clear.But logitech Z906 give best crisp and clear on that sources.I think is its because Z906 is THX certified.Is that source problem ? If source problem then how that same source played very crisp and clear in Z906 and Sony HTiB ? Please explain bro..I have not much knowledge in sound.IS my Pioneer Rs33 have better audio quality than Logitech Z906 and Sony HTiB ? Please explain the matter please..Thanks.

If you say that some of your source material is giving enjoyable sound in Pioneer that means the avr-speaker setup is capable of reproducing all high,mid and low frequencies to the audible levels of your liking. Would you agree with this statement?

[I know I am phrasing the above sentence using non-specific words (not using words like crisp, clear, bass, boom etc.) That is intentional because the definition of enjoyable sound varies from person to person]

If you say that some of your source material is giving enjoyable sound in Pioneer that means the avr-speaker setup is capable of reproducing all high,mid and low frequencies to the audible levels of your liking. Would you agree with this statement?

[I know I am phrasing the above sentence using non-specific words (not using words like crisp, clear, bass, boom etc.) That is intentional because the definition of enjoyable sound varies from person to person]

Some source it produces very good sound.So yes.But the vocals are not so sharp and clear.But why some source is producing awesome sound and bass & some have not so much clear quality ? I always use DTS_HDMA and True-HD BD audio.I have no much knowledge like you bro..So want your and all the knowledgeable users help...Please help me..Thanks.

If some source is giving you enjoyable sound and some are not, the difference is in the source material.
Usually DTS HD-MA gives full range dynamic sound and I have never had an instance where Blu-ray sounded bad. So that surprises me! But keep in mind DTS, Dolby Digital etc. are just compression formats and their quality will vary based on the bitrate and from where the audio is sourced. For example a cam movie rip can have audio encoded in dolby digital but still sound pretty bad and muffled.
Anyway if the same source sounded "better" in Logitech it could be that the Logitech was able to boost the frequencies of your liking to the levels of your liking, and Pioneer is not able to do that. And if that is the case you would need to change the amp. My point is someone else could be listening to the same setups and say that Pioneer is sounding more natural and Logitech is colouring the sound too much. So it is a matter of personal preference.

If some source is giving you enjoyable sound and some are not, the difference is in the source material.
Usually DTS HD-MA gives full range dynamic sound and I have never had an instance where Blu-ray sounded bad. So that surprises me! But keep in mind DTS, Dolby Digital etc. are just compression formats and their quality will vary based on the bitrate and from where the audio is sourced. For example a cam movie rip can have audio encoded in dolby digital but still sound pretty bad and muffled.
Anyway if the same source sounded "better" in Logitech it could be that the Logitech was able to boost the frequencies of your liking to the levels of your liking, and Pioneer is not able to do that. And if that is the case you would need to change the amp. My point is someone else could be listening to the same setups and say that Pioneer is sounding more natural and Logitech is colouring the sound too much. So it is a matter of personal preference.

I always download 1080P Bluray Rips or Untouched BD50 with DTS-HDMA or TRUE-HD Audio.No CAM movie..What do you think bro ? what is the problem ? If i change the AVR to yamaha can solve the issues ? Can yamaha AVR have better crisp sound quality than Pioneer VSX 323 and can it fulfill my requirement and sounded like Logitech Z906 THX system ?

But previously i used Logitech Z906 which have crystal clear sound with tight Bass.But unfortunately Logitech Z906 has same known issues, that it auto power shutdown..
Logitech has smaller speakers.Small or satellite speakers tend to sound bright or very open.Not necessarily accurate sound.Bigger speakers has better frequency responses and you may not be familiar with those as old speaker could not produce it.Comparison always goes into what we are used to.:)
so try some combos with current AVR or speaker package and find the best for you.

i bought the Yamaha RXV 375 for 25k and AJ 5.0 for 35k without sub,

i'm really satisfied by the sound of it even without sub, i will buy the subb in near future ..there is a reason why these speakers are very highly rated, the hype is real :D

Also, u can check the Jamo S426 HCS 3 they are equally good :)

yamaha yht 299 i didnt prefer coz of its sub and tiny speakers even though they sounded good but not great compared to Jamo and AJ :)

i bought the Yamaha RXV 375 for 25k and AJ 5.0 for 35k without sub,

i'm really satisfied by the sound of it even without sub, i will buy the subb in near future ..there is a reason why these speakers are very highly rated, the hype is real :D

Also, u can check the Jamo S426 HCS 3 they are equally good :)

yamaha yht 299 i didnt prefer coz of its sub and tiny speakers even though they sounded good but not great compared to Jamo and AJ :)

Bro i have no money for that AJ and JaMO spakers sadly...But my plan is after some time i'll buy Yamaha RXV 375 receiver which i'll hook with my current speaker package.I think it should at least give me some decent crisp sound better than VSX 323. What do you think bro ?

Bro i have no money for that AJ and JaMO spakers sadly...But my plan is after some time i'll buy Yamaha RXV 375 receiver which i'll hook with my current speaker package.I think it should at least give me some decent crisp sound better than VSX 323. What do you think bro ?

try to audition with yamaha avr and u may like it, but i would say the speaker package was weaker than pioneer AVR :)

Hey Pritam,

A quick question. What is the input source for the content (Blu ray rips etc)?

I have the same package and I feel the center channel is the biggest let down. The floor standers, sub and surround speakers still do a respectable job considering the price :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back