Need help choosing an amp

tek

Hi guys

I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to amps, and would really appreciate some help.
I am more of a vinyl listener, and I currently us a Cosmic cogram TT and a Technics SL D2. My speakers are B&O Beovox S75 speakers. I am currently using a Yamaha amp (will check the model number.. RX something) which is mostly a home theater type amp. I am so far not so happy with the sound.

I was looking at a few amps and I was wondering which would be best for my vinyl set up:
1) Norge 2060 @ Rs 9K
2) Pioneer A 101 @ Rs 5k
3) Denon PMA 360 @ Rs 6k
4) Akai Am52 @ Rs 7 k
5) Yamaha A700 @ Rs 9k
6) Marantz PM35II @ Rs 6k

Besides the Norge, the rest are all used equipment. I am leaning towards the Norge since it's new and comes with a warranty, but sound wise, are the other amps comparable? I am looking for best sound for the best price for listening to vinyl. Other option is to hold out until I find something like a Sansui or some amp from the 70s that sounds better.

Any thoughts or help would be really appreciated. Want to buy one of them soon.

Cheers
Tek

Hi Tek,

I did some research some time back and finally chose the Norge 2060- rest assured that the amp wont disappoint you. I have connected my old Sony speakers to it and the results are jaw dropping.

If you can live with a 7w per channel, then nothing beats Topping amp, This amp out classes all amp till 40 K category.

I have toppnig Tp20, Search forum there is a 100 page thread on the same.

Belive me 7clear watt is good. it costs less than 4k

Hi Jatin

Where do you get this amp? And is 7w per channel very soft? My room is not huge, and speakers are decent size..
Right now the choice is between the Denon and the Norge. Denon is used for about 6k, probably negotiable, and the Norge will be brand new for about 9 k.

Cheers
Tek

If you can get Vintage amps like Sansui or NAD 3020, nothing like that for TT's. They are VFM and does a fine job for the money paid.

Back