need help for plasma

abhirag

Hi guys,
I need ur heip.My viewing distance is around 14 feets.I am getting Panasonic plasma viera 42" x10 around 49k.And getting 50" samsung plasma ps50b450 aty around 58k.Very much confused about the both.altough price difference is not much,but i am confused with samsung vs panasonic.In panasonic i am getting good brand and samsung i am getting the size.
Please heip me to decide whether to go with panasonic or samsung.Viewing choices both cable and movies.
Regards
abhirag

though I do not know abt the service for plasma tv's from panasonic and samsung.

In my experience in general panasonic service in India has been nothing but pathetic, samsung has been much better. Whether that should be an important criteria before buying a tv is upto you.

14 feet away from the tv is a fair distance and a 50inch could do.

Again this is my opinion based on my experiences and also from wht I have read abt experiences of others you can check some other threads in this forum itself to know it.

although a 50" would be the better option at that distance,HD ready version will have huge pixel sizes at those distance,it will be something like watching a huge tv with pixel sizes of a regular SD ready 29" crt tv.
so IMO i would suggest a FHD tv for a 50".

Better to go for 50b550 full hd plasma from samsung , price ranging between 67 to 75k.

If you hold on for some time, maybe on diwali they come out with a good offers, in a couple of months the prices will certainly come down for the same

Hi guys,
I need ur heip.My viewing distance is around 14 feets.I am getting Panasonic plasma viera 42" x10 around 49k.And getting 50" samsung plasma ps50b450 aty around 58k.Very much confused about the both.altough price difference is not much,but i am confused with samsung vs panasonic.In panasonic i am getting good brand and samsung i am getting the size.
Please heip me to decide whether to go with panasonic or samsung.Viewing choices both cable and movies.
Regards
abhirag

Are you getting Free DVD player in 58K price...

Hi guys,
Regards
abhirag

Abhirag,

- I bought the Samsung PS50B450 last month. I am very happy with the picture quality.

- I sit 12 feet from the TV, and I can see no pixellisation. I compared the 1080p and 720p TVs in the Samsung showroom. At 12 feet, I could not tell the difference (with a 1080p source from a hard disk media player).

- With Tata Sky (or SD source), the Full HD TV in fact looked a little worse.

Very curious to know where you are getting the Samsung at this price. I paid 64.5K for it.

Rgds......Argho

Thanks Argho,
I am getting this at Ghaziabad .
I want to know exactly what you are watching on b450.My preference is Tata sky and movies may be original CD not DVD,may be DIvx movies and sometimes new pirated movies.
Viewing these stuff is certainly different from viewing original DVDs.But this is what is available at my place.
so pls tell me viewing these on 50 inch samsung is worth or i should go for 42.
regards
Abhirag

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back