Need help on buying a 40 inch led internet ready tv

abhimanyuk

Dear Friends,

I am new to Hifivision.com and its forums. I would like your advice towards the following :

I am keen on buying a 40 inch led tv which is also internet ready (wifi) .
3d is something I am not keen on.
My budget is upto 65,000
Primary purpose is movies/tv programmes.
I live in Pune.

Please make your suggestions and I thank you in anticipation.

It will be hard to find a good 40" model with wi-fi. You'll have to think about 42".
Sony W700B, Panny 42E6D should be on your list.

Last edited:
@ Rockfella : Thanks for the response..Hows the Samsung 5500 ??

I had a look at a sony/ lg / samsung so far at an e zone..found the samsung picture quality to be good where as the sony looked too bright

@ Abhi_Jollyguy : Thanks..yes, i found the samsung colours to be more precise..anyone from pune can suggest a good local dealer ?

Hi abhimanyuk

Thumb rule and fact of today's TV is that the LED or flat panel TVs lifespan is 3-5 years....so you need to ensure that you buy something which meets your actual requirement...in order to achieve this...a Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone / Reliance etc are places to conduct effective WINDOW shopping...see all the possible TVs as they would be running the same channel...see the colors and screen from all angles...(front, sideways, 45 degrees etc)...then check the connectivity options (HDMI, Composite , Digital, AV, PC etc) Most important is the sound quality and volume...no point buying a TV which cannot deliver decent sound ...which would land you purchasing a soundbar to make it loud!

Last but not the least...warranty and after sales service...fortunately you can read reviews or see videos posted by many users across the world which can help influence your decision...I did my window shopping and finally settled for the Toshiba which has 3 years warranty...I think Sharp has launched or would be launching the same 3 year warranty.....

End of the day it is what appeals to you and your wallet...hope this helps.

Now I am having this feeling that you are being paid to write this everytime. :)
Hi abhimanyuk

Thumb rule and fact of today's TV is that the LED or flat panel TVs lifespan is 3-5 years....so you need to ensure that you buy something which meets your actual requirement...in order to achieve this...a Vijay Sales / Croma / E Zone / Reliance etc are places to conduct effective WINDOW shopping...see all the possible TVs as they would be running the same channel...see the colors and screen from all angles...(front, sideways, 45 degrees etc)...then check the connectivity options (HDMI, Composite , Digital, AV, PC etc) Most important is the sound quality and volume...no point buying a TV which cannot deliver decent sound ...which would land you purchasing a soundbar to make it loud!

Last but not the least...warranty and after sales service...fortunately you can read reviews or see videos posted by many users across the world which can help influence your decision...I did my window shopping and finally settled for the Toshiba which has 3 years warranty...I think Sharp has launched or would be launching the same 3 year warranty.....

End of the day it is what appeals to you and your wallet...hope this helps.

If in case you find a TV that you like and if unfortunately it is not internet ready, then do not strike it out. You can buy a digital media player (starts from 2k) which has LAN and/or WiFi connection so your purpose would be solved.

In my personal opinion, this option would be better since then you can spend money on the real thing that matters in a TV, the PQ rather than paying more for one with inbuilt WiFi.

Also, am not sure but I think, internet ready tv would also burn more electricity.

Hi Rockfella

HFV is all about guidance and hence one would need to repeat the things again and again for members who need a quick solution..

Hi Abhimanyuk

I would agree with moshel .....there is an AKAI device you get which can make your existing TV featured pack.

If in case you find a TV that you like and if unfortunately it is not internet ready, then do not strike it out. You can buy a digital media player (starts from 2k) which has LAN and/or WiFi connection so your purpose would be solved.

In my personal opinion, this option would be better since then you can spend money on the real thing that matters in a TV, the PQ rather than paying more for one with inbuilt WiFi.

Also, am not sure but I think, internet ready tv would also burn more electricity.

+1 to above. I think this is the right way to go and keep things simple :).

This is exactly what I thought: Buy good 39/42 incher and connect it with PC/Wi-fi gizmo for internet. Fact is manufacturers use much better panels in smart TVs, as compared to the non-smart ones. This is why I bought a smart tv even when I have it connected to my desktop.
Now there is other side of the whole equation. Buy a basic tv, connect it with desktop/wifi player because once the tv will be in your room you will not notice the difference in pq as in showrooms difference is easily visible as all tvs are kept side by side for comparison.

Last edited:
Dear All,

Thank you for your valuable inputs..

I have narrowed it down to a panasonic or samsung..

What really is the use of an internet ready tv ?? If you have such a tv how does it help?

This is exactly what I thought: Buy good 39/42 incher and connect it with PC/Wi-fi gizmo for internet. Fact is manufacturers use much better panels in smart TVs, as compared to the non-smart ones. This is why I bought a smart tv even when I have it connected to my desktop.
Now there is other side of the whole equation. Buy a basic tv, connect it with desktop/wifi player because once the tv will be in your room you will not notice the difference in pq as in showrooms difference is easily visible as all tvs are kept side by side for comparison.

Quite true

I had a look in detail at the panasonic 42E6D ...please share your views?

I have narrowed my preferences down to a sony/lg/panasonic/samsung

I find that the Panasonic looks really cool

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back