need help selecting a budget stereo amp to power q acoustics 3050i (a case of financial impropriety)

i remember posting my 1st post on this website few months back that i needed a speaker for in bed listening in range of 10 to 20k. few amazon orders and returns past we r here and i can't wait for my speakers and amp to arrive :D

thanks! same? i think i made the right choice then :), what gear do u use along with them. do i need the banana plug bare wires r sufficient? also can u give me a pro time regarding their positioning? thanks (hope i am not bombarding u with silly questions).
There's nothing like a silly question in the world of hifi..only silly answers lol. I have the atoll pre-power and nad cdp. Your choice whether to use banana or go bare.

If you are not going to be frequently disconnecting the speakers then bare wire is the best contact.
Banana plugs are for convenience.
at this moment i am think about spending as less as i can, so your advice works out for me, thanks a lot.

ordered the cable as well, only need a Bluetooth receiver now. will any Bluetooth receiver work or amps need some special kind of receiver?

ordered the cable as well, only need a Bluetooth receiver now. will any Bluetooth receiver work or amps need some special kind of receiver?
Glad to know that you are going to get your amp. Norge is a very good amp. Though I haven't used it, I hear that it is Indian NAD. As regards Bluetooth receiver you can search online and buy one of your choice . Please let us know how you feel as soon as you get your amp. Also give some time for amp- speakers burn in/ break in which is very important.
Regards

Glad to know that you are going to get your amp. Norge is a very good amp. Though I haven't used it, I hear that it is Indian NAD. As regards Bluetooth receiver you can search online and buy one of your choice . Please let us know how you feel as soon as you get your amp. Also give some time for amp- speakers burn in/ break in which is very important.
Regards
all i hear r parses as well with some skepticism about it's component quality and heat sink issue. As for a impressions, i don't think i would be capable of review it as i have no benchmark to compare it to... in any care i will post how i feel about them, in the limited capacity that i can. thanks. with regards to Bluetooth receiver, i am thinking of ordering something from amazon that supports atx HD and is Bluetooth 5.

You can go with Norge C Gold. I have used it in the past and they are very good, Give it some break in time for them to start singing to your liking.

Its got that power on/off thud but that can be tackled with a simple upgrade. At 1st play out of the box, you may not like it but then like i said, give it a minimum of 100hrs and see how it shines. Its got more than enough power to drive your 3050I's. It may not look good when it comes to fit and finish and also the packing of the product is not great but then all that fades away when you start hearing them out.

All the best! Hope the upgrade bug does not bite you soon.

Regards,
Som

You can go with Norge C Gold. I have used it in the past and they are very good, Give it some break in time for them to start singing to your liking.

Its got that power on/off thud but that can be tackled with a simple upgrade. At 1st play out of the box, you may not like it but then like i said, give it a minimum of 100hrs and see how it shines. Its got more than enough power to drive your 3050I's. It may not look good when it comes to fit and finish and also the packing of the product is not great but then all that fades away when you start hearing them out.

All the best! Hope the upgrade bug does not bite you soon.

Regards,
Som
i have ordered the same and read about the thud/pop issue. i hear it can be detrimental to the speakers? how can i fix it? i am no engineer, and guys on forums were throwing big words like "soldering", "DIY" e.t.c. what is your impression of their sound signature (gold)?

i have ordered the same and read about the thud/pop issue. i hear it can be detrimental to the speakers? how can i fix it? i am no engineer, and guys on forums were throwing big words like "soldering", "DIY" e.t.c. what is your impression of their sound signature (gold)?
Don’t worry. You don’t have to fix it. It’s not going to harm you’re speakers. You will get used to the pop sound within no time. It’s not a big deal at all.
Sound signature is pretty neutral. Honestly! Don’t have very high expectations but then It’s pretty decent with what it does. Very good stereo amp to start off. It does not have any bells and whistles. What goes in comes out. How are you planning to stream ? Bluetooth Receiver or Directly using a 3.5mm to RCA ??

.. but if options permit i would like something that has more high end lush that is to say are more bright as i have heard they would compliment the slight warm nature of 3050i well. rest assured i would be happy with anything that is compatible with them and can power them decently

Please do not make this mistake. Its not a good idea to pair bright and warm as Both are distortions and you cannot cancel/balance that.

What you want perhaps is amp which has a high resolution. why not also consider a Class D amp ? Folks like @venkatcr might be able to help you as he has experimented and posted about some of those. I am not aware of others but there seems to be lots of advice above on that.

Finally the source has a much larger impact on the sound after the speaker so do take that into account as well.

Please do not make this mistake. Its not a good idea to pair bright and warm as Both are distortions and you cannot cancel/balance that.

What you want perhaps is amp which has a high resolution. why not also consider a Class D amp ? Folks like @venkatcr might be able to help you as he has experimented and posted about some of those. I am not aware of others but there seems to be lots of advice above on that.

Finally the source has a much larger impact on the sound after the speaker so do take that into account as well.
oh really! what u say makes more sense to me, i got that suggestion (paring warm and bright) watching YouTube review of my speakers. certainly when i go for upgrades i'll keep this in mind as currently i have ordered the concerto gold at it was pretty much the only half decent amp in my budget that was suggested to me. class D u say? aren't those cheaper than class AB? i would definitely like to know more....

From what I heard from a friend who picked up the 3050i recently, the speakers is not necessarily a very warm speaker. If you put the speaker in a smallish room, the bass can get a little over powering which in turn makes the speaker sound slightly thick. However the highs are not at all forward or bright. So overall it gives the impression of a slightly warm speaker. In a large room, it sounds quite balanced. The Rega brio seems to be a good match but it may be little over your budget.

Pick this one if you can.

This will outperform anything around that budget. You may get some discounts.

Use some cables from Belden. High value for money for extracting max from the amp / speaker.

@square_wave my room is 22x11x11, certainly not small, i think. Rega brio, geez this is more expensive than my speakers itself o_O. putting it on the wish list :D.
your friend has god good years as one of the reviews whom i hold in high regards had said the same. swara? gotta read about them both, thanks!

Don’t worry. You don’t have to fix it. It’s not going to harm you’re speakers. You will get used to the pop sound within no time. It’s not a big deal at all.
Sound signature is pretty neutral. Honestly! Don’t have very high expectations but then It’s pretty decent with what it does. Very good stereo amp to start off. It does not have any bells and whistles. What goes in comes out. How are you planning to stream ? Bluetooth Receiver or Directly using a 3.5mm to RCA ??
rca to 3.5mm and for the time when i just want to relax in my bed via Bluetooth receiver. ordering a Bluetooth 5 aptx HD receiver right now. any suggestion?

@square_wave my room is 22x11x11, certainly not small, i think. Rega brio, geez this is more expensive than my speakers itself o_O. putting it on the wish list :D.
your friend has god good years as one of the reviews whom i hold in high regards had said the same. swara? gotta read about them both, thanks!
has got good ears*

oh really! what u say makes more sense to me, i got that suggestion (paring warm and bright) watching YouTube review of my speakers. certainly when i go for upgrades i'll keep this in mind as currently i have ordered the concerto gold at it was pretty much the only half decent amp in my budget that was suggested to me. class D u say? aren't those cheaper than class AB? i would definitely like to know more....
Usually they are far cheaper...
eg one for sale here... https://www.hifivision.com/threads/nuprime-sta9-power-amp.82475/

Someone here had mentioned that Norge was planning to add Speaker protection Circuit. You can confirm with them, you can even ask them to add it for them if they are not doing it already.

Someone here had mentioned that Norge was planning to add Speaker protection Circuit. You can confirm with them, you can even ask them to add it for them if they are not doing it already.
even better. i'll make sure to check the classifieds first when i upgrade.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back