need help selecting a budget stereo amp to power q acoustics 3050i (a case of financial impropriety)

Someone here had mentioned that Norge was planning to add Speaker protection Circuit. You can confirm with them, you can even ask them to add it for them if they are not doing it already.
i asked them to replace the aluminum heat sink with a copper one and charge me for it for which they politely refused citing that they can't do it for one item as the copper block would be very expensive.
With regards to speaker protection circuit, i would have ask them if they had done, as it has been a problem from the beginning but if not they have already shipped the product so i guess that is that....

A good purchase with streaming and amplification would have been the Yamaha R-N 303. It has speaker protection and sound very good for the money. The other option was the Pioneer A10 a NoS Denon 520AE.

Congrats on your new system. I have a Norge amplifier (2060) which has served me without any trouble for over 10 years!

I don't mind the 'thud' when switching the amp off and I fear no rsik to your speakers. The only issue I have with the Norges (if you can call it an 'issue') is the lack of a remote for their non-bluetooth versions. Off late, the lack of a remote (at least for volume control) has been bothering me. If you can figure a fix for this (and I understand that there might be not too difficult DIY fixes), I believe your enjoyment would be even greater!

Congrats on your new system. I have a Norge amplifier (2060) which has served me without any trouble for over 10 years!

I don't mind the 'thud' when switching the amp off and I fear no rsik to your speakers. The only issue I have with the Norges (if you can call it an 'issue') is the lack of a remote for their non-bluetooth versions. Off late, the lack of a remote (at least for volume control) has been bothering me. If you can figure a fix for this (and I understand that there might be not too difficult DIY fixes), I believe your enjoyment would be even greater!
thanks! good to know 'the thud' is not a serious issue. i have a few questions if u can entertain them at your own time that would be great. check pm, thanks again.

A good purchase with streaming and amplification would have been the Yamaha R-N 303. It has speaker protection and sound very good for the money. The other option was the Pioneer A10 a NoS Denon 520AE.
Rn 303 are 35k if i recall correctly, that was beyond my budget. but surely i'll keep them in my short list when i got for upgrade, thanks.

In case you need the Norge usb/Bluetooth version I’ve the 2060 ubt
the Norge guys themselves recommended me the Gold over 2060 for my speakers (due to power demand) plus i don't know what sort of Bluetooth they have in there. whether it has Aptx HD or not so i though of buying the receiver separately. anyone selling their Bluetooth receiver?

the Norge guys themselves recommended me the Gold over 2060 for my speakers (due to power demand) plus i don't know what sort of Bluetooth they have in there. whether it has Aptx HD or not so i though of buying the receiver separately. anyone selling their Bluetooth receiver?
If you already have an Amazon Echo Dot or similar with audio out, you could connect it to the Norge & that could solve your Bluetooth, remote & streaming issues at least temporarily till you upgrade

I had a chat with the Norge guys, last year, regarding their bluetooth. It was nothing close to the latest version. Think it was Bluetooth Version 3.0 or thereabouts. I can't be absolutely certain though.

Rn 303 are 35k if i recall correctly, that was beyond my budget. but surely i'll keep them in my short list when i got for upgrade, thanks.

It could be had at even lesser listing price than this link suggests. In Amazon sale it was once available for less than Rs 20k!

If you already have an Amazon Echo Dot or similar with audio out, you could connect it to the Norge & that could solve your Bluetooth, remote & streaming issues at least temporarily till you upgrade
I have a echo dot....it is collecting dustbin my cupboard....if this works, then u r Godsent!

It could be had at even lesser listing price than this link suggests. In Amazon sale it was once available for less than Rs 20k!

I'll keep an eye on amazon. The day it goes below 20k, i'll probably cop that, thanks!
I'll have to say this community very helpful. You guys go above and beyond to help some noob. Slow claps for all of you!

Glad to know that you are going to get your amp. Norge is a very good amp. Though I haven't used it, I hear that it is Indian NAD. As regards Bluetooth receiver you can search online and buy one of your choice . Please let us know how you feel as soon as you get your amp. Also give some time for amp- speakers burn in/ break in which is very important.
Regards
Got the setup ready and have managed to play only 20hrs+ at them moment. I have to say i have been overwhelmed and underwhelmed and now am pretty perplexed.
The bass bleeds over a bit and the highs do not have any authority or extension, rock tracks in particular sound muddy and unresolving.
Jazz, blues, vocals and bollywood tracks have shined though. The sense of scale with these speakers r great and the sweetness to vocals is nothing i have heard before.

And the dirt cheap ones can degrade sound too.
I think i am using decent ish banana plugs (DAC gold banana plugs on the speaker side sand bare wire on the amp side).
I know these speakers r not supposed to sound like this(read chesty) what is wrong with my setup? Is it the amp or the cables?
I remember Andrew from "Recovering audiophile" said in his review that there r a set of speakers that r easy to drive wrong and now i am facing the same issue. Another reviewer pointed to the same problem (bass bleed) but found solution in matching cables.
Anyone has any suggestion to help me?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back