Need help to choose between Polk HTS12 and BIC PL 200.

sudhirpsg

Hi Mine willbe a denon X2500H receiver system and paired with Polk Signature Series.
Confused in choosing between Polk HTS12 and PL 200 main purpose will be for movies and room size is 15*10.
Please advise

Hi Mine willbe a denon X2500H receiver system and paired with Polk Signature Series.
Confused in choosing between Polk HTS12 and PL 200 main purpose will be for movies and room size is 15*10.
Please advise
Equalization of a subwoofer is a must for proper integration. . I recommend subs with that feature..
Or else does denon 2500 ha s feature for subwoofer equalization?

Frankly speaking, there is no such concept of timbre matching when it comes to Sub, except for aesthetic and same brand look, because they deal with freq less then 100hz or below. When it comes to sub, you check how low they can go, whether sealed or ported (front or rear - esp. for placement sake) and within your price bracket. I think BIC would be right choice IMO.

@sudhirpsg

You need to audition and decide based on your budget and output requirement. There are many posts and reviews available. Ported subs work well for movies and sealed subs work well for music...besides this.... placement is very crucial which gets tricky for some....

@sudhirpsg

You need to audition and decide based on your budget and output requirement. There are many posts and reviews available. Ported subs work well for movies and sealed subs work well for music...besides this.... placement is very crucial which gets tricky for some....
Great. Thanks a lot for your tips. Will audition both for sure.

Hi sorry was out of forum for a month. I have decided to mostly go with Polk DSW PRO 660 since i could not audition bic america anywhere

As long as you were able to audition and like it then go for it. What may seem to work well for me may not necessarily work for you. Some subwoofer companies over rate their specs...the main job of the subwoofer is to deliver / cover those frequencies which cannot be outputted by the main speakers / surround speakers and also to add the punch feel to the overall system.

As long as you were able to audition and like it then go for it. What may seem to work well for me may not necessarily work for you. Some subwoofer companies over rate their specs...the main job of the subwoofer is to deliver / cover those frequencies which cannot be outputted by the main speakers / surround speakers and also to add the punch feel to the overall system.
Still have my eye towrds Pl200s will see if i can see it somewhere

Please advise
Both Sub within Price range are great with its own blend.. check which sound likes ur taste & ur placement correctly which matches then u can decide & buy..
Both can shake ur room that doest mean its big & great its matter how low ur sub handle & how pleasant bass o/p it produce. as if have to spend time in watching & listening later we shouldn't feel irritation or hurting ur ears .
in budget thats good one if u can stretch can look for Rythmil/SVS/XTZ

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back