need opinion's on 7.1 receiver

savage

Musically, i like classical, jazz, blues, heavy metal, world music, rap, pop, country, everything. i absolutely love all movies, and will be hooking up DVD player and BluRay, with Xbox, possible satellite, CD player, Home Computer, etc...basically i like options and versatility.

i seem to keep comparing the Denon AVR-1913, Pioneer VSX-1022-K, and Yamaha RX-V573 for a 7.1 system. the front "height" speakers made me switch to searching out 7.1 instead of 5.1. Price wise, Pioneer seems to be more inexpensive. i want something to last at least 10yrs, not go out of date overnight, and i have Polk Audio TL1600's. I am on a budget :)

USB for MP3's via thumb/flash drive, Airplay for Android apps, DPL IIz (cinematic DSP 3D for yamaha), upscaling is nice...all these things are sweet.

i am finding it hard to get side by side comparisons, and i was wondering what would one prefer or choose, and what is best bang for buck. i want quality and durability.

thank you all in advance for suggestions/comments/opinions :)

Last edited:
Musically, i like classical, jazz, blues, heavy metal, world music, rap, pop, country, everything. i absolutely love all movies, and will be hooking up DVD player and BluRay, with Xbox, possible satellite, CD player, Home Computer, etc...basically i like options and versatility.

i seem to keep comparing the Denon AVR-1913, Pioneer VSX-1022-K, and Yamaha RX-V573 for a 7.1 system. the front "height" speakers made me switch to searching out 7.1 instead of 5.1. Price wise, Pioneer seems to be more inexpensive. i want something to last at least 10yrs, not go out of date overnight, and i have Polk Audio TL1600's. I am on a budget

USB for MP3's via thumb/flash drive, Airplay for Android apps, DPL IIz (cinematic DSP 3D for yamaha), upscaling is nice...all these things are sweet.

i am finding it hard to get side by side comparisons, and i was wondering what would one prefer or choose, and what is best bang for buck. i want quality and durability.

thank you all in advance for suggestions/comments/opinions

I would suggest Denon

If you are not planning to upgrade your speakers, you may select a model lower than 1913.

TL1600 is a 5.1 set, how are you planning to make it 7.1?
Is it buy adding two satellites in the same series?

I feel these small satellites won't give much of Front High effects. Hence you may stick to 5.1

yes, i was planning on purchasing 2 more speakers from the same series. either that, or use my existing 3-way 150 w. (RMS) 250 w. max. floor speakers for front mains and use 2 of the TL1600's for 'height'.

i've been leaning towards the Denon from the beginning, but decided to consider some other brands as well, since my 5.1 Sony STR-DE505 gave me many many years of satisfied use. it's archaic and out of date now, plus every so often i get "PROTECT" flashing on display. it's pretty much dead.

thanks for the comments, sincerely and greatly appreciated.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back