Need Projector Suggestion Budget 1.5Lakh

Hi,

I need a projector for screen size 120inch, under 1.5lakh including screen, also please tell me which screen to buy? 16:10

Just metioning i can go to 2 lakh if actually it will bring be a improvement in quality to justfy the extra, so far i have thought of epson 6700

with 2 Lakh budget you can think of native 4k HDR supported projector from Benq (http://www.benq.co.in/product/projector/w1700/) advertised to sell @ 1.99 lakh.
Wow thats great, just read about it, now i am in torns, earlier i thought 4k will be uselsss for me due to non availabity of content plus my audio receiver is 5 yrs old doesnt support 4k, so this means i also have to change my receiver, but this looks really swesome, now i am confused, should i change my receiver and go for this or buy full hd and wait for another 3-4 years when 4k becomes a normal thing

Wow thats great, just read about it, now i am in torns, earlier i thought 4k will be uselsss for me due to non availabity of content plus my audio receiver is 5 yrs old doesnt support 4k, so this means i also have to change my receiver, but this looks really swesome, now i am confused, should i change my receiver and go for this or buy full hd and wait for another 3-4 years when 4k becomes a normal thing
Even currently their is no shortage of 4K content, you have netflix, youtube, gaming consoles, all the latest movies are coming out in 4K.
IMHO if you are planning to spend 2L+, then you should future proof.

wait for another 3-4 years when 4k becomes a normal thing
I would have gone for 4k now and upgrade receiver down the line, than buying a FHD now and upgrade both the things in 3-4 years again. If you buy 4k now your projector is future ready, not necessarily you have to upgrade receiver immediately to work. And you can upgrade receiver when its suitable.

If you want to go for FHD now and upgrade both later, would suggest to go for projectors around 1 lakh (they have improved a lot lately) does not make much sense to spend 2 lakhs for FHD now.

By the way, Benq W1700 is not only 4K but plays 3D format as per reviews, a rare for other not so economical 4K projectors available in market now-a-days.

Last edited:
I would have gone for 4k now and upgrade receiver down the line, than buying a FHD now and upgrade both the things in 3-4 years again. If you buy 4k now your projector is future ready, not necessarily you have to upgrade receiver immediately to work. And you can upgrade receiver when its suitable.

If you want to go for FHD now and upgrade both later, would suggest to go for projectors around 1 lakh (they have improved a lot lately) does not make much sense to spend 2 lakhs for FHD now.

By the way, Benq W1700 is not only 4K but plays 3D format as per reviews, a rare for other not so economical 4K projectors available in market now-a-days.
What fhd projector would you recommend? I am considering 4k, given my viewing distance is only 13 to 14 feet, if fhd and 4k will have big diff, i read 4k is better looking in closer distances, btw what screen do you suggest? This will be my first projector purchase and i am totally confused about screens, i am planning to color ceiling black as i read it improvrs contrast a lot

What fhd projector would you recommend? I am considering 4k, given my viewing distance is only 13 to 14 feet, if fhd and 4k will have big diff, i read 4k is better looking in closer distances, btw what screen do you suggest? This will be my first projector purchase and i am totally confused about screens, i am planning to color ceiling black as i read it improvrs contrast a lot
Connecting a 4k projector to full hd receiver will give better clarity than a full HD projector due to upscaling.
Yeah.. Black room gives better contrast.
You can also use grey screen.

You need to do some research yourself in this forum as well in projectorcentral.com (for reviews and all calculations to set it up). Just in case you are not getting 4K projector now, following FHD projectors are south of 1 lakh and easily available

Epson TW5300,
BenQ W1050 (seen it in action and loved it. Also available in Amazon.in),
Benq W1210 ST (ultra short throw projector, available in Amazon.in)
Optoma HD27 or HD143x
and well reviewed XGIMI H1 if you are looking for Android projector.
There are many and may be if you look around you would get your original choice Epson TW6700 near about 1 lakh.

Another way is get it from Amazon.com/Amazon.de. I use Epson TW5210 (link in my signature) bought from Amazon.de. In similar line you have to do some research and get anything from Epson or Benq or Optoma.

For screen, I would be wrong to say much about it; because I, myself, project on wall. But one thing for sure, NO pull down or low cost motorized projector screen. For motorized get something well known brand and/or search in this forum and get ideas about screen and make/buy a fixed one.

Darkening the room is always good, but not necessarily to be black only.

Even currently their is no shortage of 4K content, you have netflix, youtube, gaming consoles, all the latest movies are coming out in 4K.
IMHO if you are planning to spend 2L+, then you should future proof.
True, i am considering
You need to do some research yourself in this forum as well in projectorcentral.com (for reviews and all calculations to set it up). Just in case you are not getting 4K projector now, following FHD projectors are south of 1 lakh and easily available

Epson TW5300,
BenQ W1050 (seen it in action and loved it. Also available in Amazon.in),
Benq W1210 ST (ultra short throw projector, available in Amazon.in)
Optoma HD27 or HD143x
and well reviewed XGIMI H1 if you are looking for Android projector.
There are many and may be if you look around you would get your original choice Epson TW6700 near about 1 lakh.

Another way is get it from Amazon.com/Amazon.de. I use Epson TW5210 (link in my signature) bought from Amazon.de. In similar line you have to do some research and get anything from Epson or Benq or Optoma.

For screen, I would be wrong to say much about it; because I, myself, project on wall. But one thing for sure, NO pull down or low cost motorized projector screen. For motorized get something well known brand and/or search in this forum and get ideas about screen and make/buy a fixed one.

Darkening the room is always good, but not necessarily to be black only.
Thanks for the advice, i will research on the said models

My suggestion if you are willing to purchase 1080p ,Go for Sony VPL-Hw45es .Then you will not look back .Luckily I'm owning this pj .(Don't think that I'm praising it because I'm owning it,I have compared it with few models like epson tw6600,Benq (Model Forgot) etc.) and finally bought Sony.
Its one of the best projector in 1080p category and have got awards globally for pj under 2000$ category.Its having Sony SXRD Technology (Its a hybrid technlogy taking the advantage of 3LCD & DLP by using Silicon I think.This same technolgy used by Sony even for native 4k pj) .It has very good level blacks and the colour reproduction of the pj is very good,crisp and clear.It shows very fine details too.Its build quality is very good .
As per review ,if you want anything better you’ll need much deeper pockets.
If you could get it from abroad it may be cheaper I guess.
For more details check this links.
https://www.whathifi.com/sony/vpl-hw45es/review

https://www.avforums.com/review/sony-vpl-hw45es-1080p-sxrd-projector-review.12810

As mentioned by many FMs 4k contents are getting increased day by day ,In case if you r willing for 4k pj then following can be considered.
But budget will be higher

Sony VPL-VW 285 es (Native 4k pj)
Optoma UHD 65 (Faux 4k pj ,but this one has good reviews and in affordable range for a 4k pj)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back