Need suggestion for a new TV

aafi

Hello everyone,
I am planning to buy a new TV, and need some suggestions.

Viewing distance: 8feet, will 49inch be enough ?

Budget: Upto 40k

4k : not sure, as I have read over the internet that it makes no difference for a TV size less than 50inches, still i think its better to get it to be future proof.

HDR : not sure if HDR is available on FHD models or only on 4ks and UHDs

Refresh Rate :60hz, I wont be playing games on it

Will be using regular HD setTop box and would be watching Netflix/amazon prime and downloaded HiDef contents.

If 4k, then need a TV which can appropriately upscale regular content to 4k

Internet/wifi : Yes

Thank you in advance.

Will be using regular HD setTop box and would be watching Netflix/amazon prime and downloaded HiDef contents.

HD Set top Box is 1080i & streaming series too i guess are in 1080i if not 1080p.. It is good to future proof with 4K.. But don't think any of these two services will hit 4K mainstream in India..

Best to match the TV resolution, close to the resolution of sources (FHD).. So a FHD panel will be good IMO..

If you get 4K, then these content will be upscaled to 4K and may not give ideal results..

With TV size, go for 55 inch.. You should have no issues.. I watch 100 inch screen from 10 ~ 11 feet distance and haven't had any issues.. So, yes a 55 inch would be good.. Whichever brand you choose to buy, buy it with 3 yrs manufacturer warranty..

Hello everyone,
I am planning to buy a new TV, and need some suggestions.

Viewing distance: 8feet, will 49inch be enough ?

Budget: Upto 40k

4k : not sure, as I have read over the internet that it makes no difference for a TV size less than 50inches, still i think its better to get it to be future proof.

HDR : not sure if HDR is available on FHD models or only on 4ks and UHDs

Refresh Rate :60hz, I wont be playing games on it

If 4k, then need a TV which can appropriately upscale regular content to 4k

Internet/wifi : Yes

Thank you in advance.

Lot of competition out there between brands....you need to see which one offers more warranty and service after purchase......Big brands have known to fail just immediately after purchase or just when warranty is over...there are a few FMs who have posted their experience and the hassles they faced for repairs or exchange....

Since your location is mentioned as India (no City specified), if I were you, i would go to a Vijay Sales / Reliance Digital and do some window shopping ....see what TVs are there in terms of size and look for the one that is right for the viewing distance....most stores have at least 10 feet area to test this....

Ensure that you see different channels.....Discovery, Nat Geo, Some Movies, Music etc..this will help to understand the PQ (Picture quality)...all stores use HD DTH services.....SQ also plays an important role...else you will end up buying a sound bar just to enhance the volume......

Videocon may sound cheap...they make good TVs too.....see their premium series....likewise see the other brands like LG, Samsung......demo / check the same channels....usually Vijay Sales would have all brand TVs stacked near each other with the same channel on.....this helps.....

Like the AVR market....there are changes and modifications that keep coming up .....nothing is future proof......as for me....FHD works well on my Toshiba which is almost 5 years old (as made in Japan).....no issues till date....

I will wait and purchase a good TV as an update in sometime...no rush for me as Mon to Fri busy with work...barely spend even 2-4 hours in a day on TV.....

Thank you all for your suggestions, the TV would be mostly used by my parents to watch daily soaps and on weekends by me to watch Series/movies. I guess a visit to Vijay sales/Chroma would be a good starting point to shortlist the deals and then research on the shortlisted models.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back