Need suggestion: Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Package 5.0 with BIC America PL200 II + Marantz SR6013

I have used the RTiA speakers with a Marantz, it pairs quite well......

You audition the RTiA series speakers at ProFx........it would be possibly paired with Denon AVRs......

https://www.profx.com/product_categ...ti-series&really_curr_tax=48-product_category

For subs ...they have the DSW Pro 550 / 660......also Look at the HTS 10 and HTS 12........

https://www.profx.com/product_category/powered-subwoofers/
I had earlier polk rti a7 driven by Marantz 7025 power amp from using marantz 6011 preouts.
I had never found sound to be open.
Always felt that sound is somewhat restricted and constrained.
Upgraded my sub to Svs pb 2000 from polk dswpro 660. But not much difference.
Speakers bi-wired by chord clear way cable.
Now i changed my LCR to Fyne audio 501 and fyne 500c.
The sound quality is now much better, open very musical equally good for movies.
Imaging is excellent.
Polk goes very with denon for movies

I had earlier polk rti a7 driven by Marantz 7025 power amp from using marantz 6011 preouts.
I had never found sound to be open.
Always felt that sound is somewhat restricted and constrained.
Upgraded my sub to Svs pb 2000 from polk dswpro 660. But not much difference.
Speakers bi-wired by chord clear way cable.
Now i changed my LCR to Fyne audio 501 and fyne 500c.
The sound quality is now much better, open very musical equally good for movies.
Imaging is excellent.
Polk goes very with denon for movies

Everyone has their own listen preferences.....once Audyssey is done, you have the option to fine tune further the sound manually as per your liking.....

The biggest challenges in the audiophile world is pairing the right pre amp then power amp and speakers....which is expected to work in proper harmony.

As for me, once audyssey is done, I keep the settings on FLAT and only tweak the levels of all speakers by 1db or so........(Audyssey will set speakers at conservative levels...if you are sure of the speaker technicalities, you can tweak accordingly....)

The OP is convinced already to get a Marantz and he is exploring other speakers within the stated budget...end of the day what sounds well for him and fits his expectation with budget will be finalised.

2L
Denon 1500h - 50k
SVS SB1000 - 55-60k
Elac B6.2 fronts
Elac C6.2 center
Elac B5.2 rears
5 speakers for 83-90k
Cabling and speaker stands for rest
Add atmos heights later for a 5.1.2 config

IMO this is a great starter kit.
Spend well on a sub, the receiver should have features and connectivity more than sheer power. Denon and Marantz are almost identical, sister companies.

Find Elac, Denon and SVS dealers near you and look for a minimum 15% discount on mrp or online pricing.

looks like Q Acoustics 3050i Cinema Package 5.0 already have active sub woofer. Since you have BIC America Sub woofer in the list , you can purchase only speaker package avoiding active sub . It wont be effective comparing to powered sub.

Other than this your selection of components are quite good in this budget.
I am getting only the 5.0 package from Q Acoustics, not the 5.1. I am opting for a better sub.

If your budget is limited 2L and willing to purchase above average quality components then you must break up your budget as AVR = 100k, Subwoofer= 40k and Five speakers = 60K. Initially you need to limit yourself to five bookshelf speakers and later on add good floor standing speakers and Atmos speakers as budget permit. There are numerous speakers brand provide book shelf speakers solution for HT mode like...
Warfdale : Diamond 225/220/220C
Elac : Debut B6.2/B5.2/C5.2
Polk : RTiA 3/1/CSiA4
These are some of the front porting speakers which can be easily wall mounted.
Dali, Q Acoustic, Paradigm, Mission, Bostan Acoustic, KEF, Klispch are some of the other speakers brands have similar solutions but most of their speakers are rear ported and need special mounting bracket which add the cost.
Looks like I might get all what I wanted within 2L. will look for other options if not.

2L
Denon 1500h - 50k
SVS SB1000 - 55-60k
Elac B6.2 fronts
Elac C6.2 center
Elac B5.2 rears
5 speakers for 83-90k
Cabling and speaker stands for rest
Add atmos heights later for a 5.1.2 config

IMO this is a great starter kit.
Spend well on a sub, the receiver should have features and connectivity more than sheer power. Denon and Marantz are almost identical, sister companies.

Find Elac, Denon and SVS dealers near you and look for a minimum 15% discount on mrp or online pricing.
definitely will look into it when I am not getting the deal i want. thanks.

I have a very close setup that you are planning to build. My current setup is:

Q Acoustics 3020i - Bookshelves
Marantz SR-6012
Bic PL-200

I am quite happy with the end result. The only thing that I can say is Marantz is more for music and Denon better for movies (I was owning a Denon before I shifted to Marantz).

Regards,

Pushkaraj

If its for movies mostly get yamaha a series or get klipsch with marant , yamaha is very muscular sounding so will suit qacustic better and klipsch can get super loud so will go better with marantz. I believe.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back