Need Suggestions for In-Ear Phones between 3k-5k.

andy78

My current earphones Brainwavz M1 has gone bad and hence I'm looking for a new pair of In-Ear Phones.
Will be primarily used to listen to Hindi and other regional movie songs.
Focus is primarily on good bass.
Budget 3k-5k.
Kindly share your suggestions.

I have Klipsch S2. It is discontinued now, but still available with many online shops. Nice deep bass and the mids and his are smooth and butter. I use it with Cowon D2+. I don't remember the exact cost but it was around 2.5K. Bought from an apple store in Mumbai.

These are some of the options I thought of putting in here.
1.VSonic VSD3
2.Sennheiser CX 300 II Precision
3. VSD3S over VSD3
4. VSD5
5. Ostry KC06A
6. GR07

Dear andy78,

I will definitely help you but before that I need to know what IEMs you have had in past and which one you like and dislike, what kind of sound signature you are looking for?

I have used Creative EP 630
Sound Magic ES 10
Brainwavz M1
Cowon EM1

Preference is for more bass.

hi Andy,
You can try Xears earphones. Its german company. They ship to India. you would need coupon, The coupon code is KLANGFUZZIS - any model for 35 euros + shipping 8 euros. I have the woodynator one. its good in that price range.

If you search in net you might get more coupons :)

Found few more discount coupon codes.. HIGHEND4ME, KLANGFUZZIS, BeHappy - all making the price to 30 Euros now. Best of luck...

I'll suggest something very unlikely here (or probably unheard of). Try the monoprice hifi bass in ear monitors .. it costs $6.5 or so and if you have someone coming from the US, trust me, you will not find a better pair of earphones with that price to performance ratio. I got them just to see why everyone online were raving about it and they ended up becoming my daily use earphones while I walk to office (or while working in the office). Amazing clarity in treble and good bass response. The mids are pleasant too. The treble does get a little harsh when the volume is up to the max. But for practical usage you should be happy with these. And whats best is that you can buy another one should they get screwed up.

Enhanced Bass Hi-Fi Noise Isolating Earphones - Black - Monoprice.com

If you are coming from Brainwavz M1, (as did I) I would say that take care to pick up IEMs that have smooth treble response. I picked up their own M5. Bass is a bit better, but treble and overall sound refinement isnt upto M1 levels.
Some days back, I bought a basic Sennheiser HD180 (over the ear) for my son, and for Rs 990 was surprised at the sound signature.
I am considering buying Sennheiser Momentum In ears. Though they cost 7k but they have everything - good bass, smoothness & refinement and an overall nice sound signature.
They do have lesser priced 5.00I & 2.00I. More here:

Sennheiser In-Ears Under $100: Momentum, CX 5.00i & CX 2.00i | Headphone.Guru

Hope that helps !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back