Need your help in buying HT

sunilary5

Hello ppl,

Recently I had a audition at my frnz place for wharfedale speakers, Denon receiver, velodyne Sub and Marantz player...These are one year old and working in good condition.

He bought the entire package for 2.5lacs..Now, he wants to sell off the entire package for 1.5 lacs..I brought it down to 1.2lacs..

So, I would like to know is it worth spending 1.2lacs for this HT package?

HT Package:

1)Wharfedale diamond 9.6 series(front) centre and surround speakers are also from the same brand.

2) Denon 3805 receiver

3)Velodyne CHT-12r

4) Marantz DVD(I don remember the model number)

Inclusive of cables he's selling...

Please advice me whether I can go for this HT or not...

Thanks,

Sunil

Hello ppl,

Recently I had a audition at my frnz place for wharfedale speakers, Denon receiver, velodyne Sub and Marantz player...These are one year old and working in good condition.

He bought the entire package for 2.5lacs..Now, he wants to sell off the entire package for 1.5 lacs..I brought it down to 1.2lacs..

So, I would like to know is it worth spending 1.2lacs for this HT package?

HT Package:

1)Wharfedale diamond 9.6 series(front) centre and surround speakers are also from the same brand.

2) Denon 3805 receiver

3)Velodyne CHT-12r

4) Marantz DVD(I don remember the model number)

Inclusive of cables he's selling...

Please advice me whether I can go for this HT or not...

Thanks,

Sunil

Hi Sunil

The Denon 3805 was sold for 45K ( In grey ) and so you can buy it for around 25 to 30K , the DVD Players have the least resale value . The speakers and the subwoofer if they are in good condition can fetch around 60K , so a price of around a Lakh will be worth buying .

But if you are spending a Lakh on a second hand HT , then you have many options . You can try the marantz SR 5003 with the Diamond HT or Mordaunt Short or Mission . But that smy view .
I prefer buying a stereo in second hand rather then a HT.
Happy hunting

Mohan

Thanks alot for your views Mohan...Even, I tried to narrow it down to 1lac..But, he firmly said 1.2lacs...I'll try to bring it to 1lac by eliminating Marantz player...I have a Philips DVD player in use and I'll go-ahead with that...

I would appreciate If others advice me on this...

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back