New 55 inch UHD TV from Philips

Hi, would suggest you carry the formats on a pen drive and test in the showroom. PhiLips advertises it's refresh rate as very high 240 Hz perfect motion rate but I am not so sure. Atleast whatever 4k clips I have played have been played brilliantly including some demanding pc games. Between PhiLips and vu I have put my money on PhiLips given their pedigree.
I would also rather prefer Philips or Videocon over VU/LeEco/ Micromax basically on after sales service consideration. My experience with service with Videocon has been very good for the last 26 years on various products including the Bazoomba CRT(2000 vintage) which I am still using. Given the panel failure rate if the company service is poor then extended warranty is of no use.

I have a Sony Home theatre DAV DZ270 which does not have an HDMI in port. Currently I have connected the home theatre to my Tata sky connection for playing 2.1 audio using home theatre. However I would like to connect my home theatre directly to my Philips 49PUT7791 TV (49 inch variant of the 55 inch mentioned in this thread) to play audio using home theatre but could not find any audio out from TV. Is there any audio out port in this Philips 4K TV, which I can use to connect to my home theatre?

Rishabh this is an Android tv. Colors are extremely balanced. This is my 3rd Philips tv. The last one before this was a Sony LCD. Yet I am very happy with the image quality.

Philips tv and their perfect pixel technology was reviewed in the what hi-fi issue of June 2016. It was an 8 series tv (mine is 7 series) but the basic tech is the same. If you read the review your doubts will be put to rest

Thanks Amarendra. Digital coax worked. Is there any way I can stop TV speakers from playing sound while I play the sound through my home theatre speakers?

Hi Sunil, glad the solution worked. Just lower the volume of the TV with the TV's remote.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi Amarendra,

How is it coming along... do you have any complaints? (i hope not, fingers crossed)

I am planning to buy the 49 inch version and have heard the audio output in normal tv viewing is very bad. How is your experience on this front?

Thanks in advance.

Hello, please can you share more detailed feedback on this TV. It seems to be a good buy but there are hardly any reviews available anywhere. Eagerly awaiting your further thoughts. Thanks

Sorry haven't been active on the forum for a while. No complaints so far. Only irritation is that the tv always starts momentarily on HDMI 2 ( last source) and switches to av input on its own. So every time I switch on I have to select HDMI 2. I am yet to figure that out. Otherwise PQ and SQ are excellent.

My last tv was a Sony LCD but PQ wise I prefer the more balanced palette of Philips. This is my 3rd Philips - 2 CRTs and this one now.

Hey guys and Philips PUT7791 owners, I have almost finalized the 49 inch model of the same and before this I've owned 2 Philips led/lcd's and have been satisfied with performance n after sales support.
Now this tv is coming with 5 yrs warranty which they te me is comprehensive.
I just wanna know from owners here... In terms of purely PQ how is this tvs Ips panel?
Also since its 4k my only concern is wether the panel show any noise n pixelation for normal FULL HD content?
Since I wasn't looking for 4k but it's just an added bonus in this tv and all my contentbe it dth and gaming on PS4 all is full hd only.
So I just want to make sure the panel and the pixel plus ultra HD chip is capable enough to upscale without any noise or pixelation. I am just unsure about this part since for some reason at the showroom(Vijay sales) it should quite a it of pixelation on hd content compared to others and then he said since they use a splitter to splits the HD connection for so many tvs the quality is so low hence causing pixelation.
So please advice people who are using the same. Thanks I need to buy it in a day or two max.

I have noticed some IPS panels such as from LG being slightly dull but haven't noticed this in Philips. No noise in HD or full HD content. At times even SD is easily watchable. I have watched DVDs on this tv without too much worry which shows how good the upscaling is. Pixelation will be noticeable if you watch from a close distance particularly in showrooms. At home I watch from a distance of 9 feet. In smart tv the YouTube feature works fine plus I game from my pc in full HD or 4k which is a delight. Honestly I can't make out any difference between my earlier Sony LCD and this one except that this is easier on the eyes. Also looking at the pace of technology changes I really can't get myself to invest a fortune in a tv :) only irritation is the last viewed source which I have mentioned earlier.

In smart tv the YouTube feature works fine plus I game from my pc in full HD or 4k which is a delight.

Hi Amarendra,

How did you get 4K working with PC connection?
Product website says it supports max 1080p while connecting PC:

Computer formats Via HDMI/DVI input,
1920 x 1080, 60Hz
1366 x 768, 60Hz
1280 x 1024, 60Hz
1280 x 720, 60Hz
1024 x 768, 60Hz
800 x 600, 60Hz
720 x 480, 60Hz
640 x 480, 60Hz

I have noticed some IPS panels such as from LG being slightly dull but haven't noticed this in Philips. No noise in HD or full HD content. At times even SD is easily watchable. I have watched DVDs on this tv without too much worry which shows how good the upscaling is. Pixelation will be noticeable if you watch from a close distance particularly in showrooms. At home I watch from a distance of 9 feet. In smart tv the YouTube feature works fine plus I game from my pc in full HD or 4k which is a delight. Honestly I can't make out any difference between my earlier Sony LCD and this one except that this is easier on the eyes. Also looking at the pace of technology changes I really can't get myself to invest a fortune in a tv :) only irritation is the last viewed source which I have mentioned earlier.

Thanks for your valuable feedback and honestly speaker both my previous LEDs where Philips n I was never disappointed with its PQ, though required lots of tinkering etc of few days to achieve good PQ.
Since I am going out of my budget to get this, since being a budget 4k n no experience with 4k displays, just wanted to make sure that it won't cause any worries at upscaling Hd n SD signals. My Philips before this.... 40pfl5059 had pixel precise engine which has pretty good and both sd n hd was good to great.
But the panel was either VA or TN n not IPSWeb_item_events.asp so blacks where good. So this being a IPS I alsi needed some clarity since they are know to be dull which I don't want.
Philips after sales though outsourced to Videocon is still responsive and honours their warranty. So hopefully Ive made a good decision getting this one.
Do give me an idea of the price u bought it at. As of now Vijay sales has come down to 53k and online the 43 inch is available for around 41k couldn't fetch price for the 49inch one.

Hi, just scroll to my first post where I have given details of pricing.

Guddu, the tv supports 4k through hdmi. The specs printed by them are incorrect. It accepts 4k signals easily. My gtx 970 card in my pc could easily pass on 4k signals and the tv could display in all its glory. At the back of the tv the proper hdmi version is mentioned which takes care of all this.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back