New 55 inch UHD TV from Philips

Here i am posting few pics of both Philips and tcl, clearly highlighting the issue.
The pic with the white patches is tcl curved and yellow lightbleed is philips.

Attachments

• IMG_20170407_154641037-2304x1728.jpg
    IMG_20170407_154641037-2304x1728.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20170407_035422034-2304x1728.jpg
    IMG_20170407_035422034-2304x1728.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_20170309_134845472_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170309_134845472_HDR.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 57
So u can laugh all u want buddy. I am so glad I made u laugh.
I think u didn't go through my previous post and just jumped the gun, I was referring to Ps4 Pro here, since I had made it clear in the earlier post, didn't find a need to mention pro again.
I already own a ps4 and I know what I am saying, it's the pro I am talking abt.

I guess u where in a hurry to just post something without actually adding any value to the forum or this thread.
Cheers and good luck

So PS4 Pro can game at 4k@60fps?.

Did you contemplate buying a Vu 55" 55XT780 UHD 4K 60Hz ? Warranty is 3 years though. Flipkart price is Rs 52,000.

I need to take a decision myself. Your feedback would be helpful.

Thanks.

No, not really looking at VU anymore, have not been hearing any positive feedback and customer service is very very poor according to feedback.

Yes, it runs at 4k@60k

FIFA 17 (some 30fps camera modes)
Hustle Kings (HDR support)
Mantis Burn Racing (HDR support)
NBA 2K17 (some 30fps camera modes)
Neon Chrome
Pro Evolution Soccer 17 (some 30fps camera modes)
Rez Infinite (Area X may be sub-4K)
Thumper
Viking Squad
Wheels of Aurelia

Apart from these games there is no true Native 4k@60fps game on Ps4 pro. Almost all games are checkerboard upscaling. Even with checkerboarding it does not achieve 4k resolutions. it's mostly 1800p@60fps the last of us remaster.

The only game that does full 4k (2160p) albeit with checkerboarding is Horizon Zero dawn that too at only 30fps.

I would suggest that the next time you buy at a showroom,you open the box then and there after payment and test run the tv to avoid heart burns after coming home.
You should try from the top three brands lg,sony,samsung

Bleeding from the tcl tv in the above picture is bad but the one in Philips would disappear when viewed from another angle I thought.
Bleeding,clouding is peculiar to 4k TVs I suppose,I have three led tvs,one a ten thousand rupees Toshiba and none have any problem for the last five years.

I would suggest that the next time you buy at a showroom,you open the box then and there after payment and test run the tv to avoid heart burns after coming home.
You should try from the top three brands lg,sony,samsung

The issue is testing in the showroom would also not show these issues I've been facing. It only shows up in dark scenes and In a dark room/environment with the lights completely off on the contrary showrooms are well lit and it'll be of no use doing what u suggested.

Bleeding from the tcl tv in the above picture is bad but the one in Philips would disappear when viewed from another angle I thought.
Bleeding,clouding is peculiar to 4k TVs I suppose,I have three led tvs,one a ten thousand rupees Toshiba and none have any problem for the last five years.

Well, it's in my room, so can't change angles much. I too have a Sony lcd and had 2 philips lcd n led for past 7-8 yrs n none had this issue. I don't know what's up with these new leds these days, is it down too poor assembling of the sets or substandard parts being used.. Don't know.
Well going to Vijay sales today and checking out Panasonic shinobi pro 49 inch model. Have been getting great feedback of this particular model Ib terms of PQ, rest of the featured don't really matter.

Phillips having this much bleeding issue is bothersome. is it under warranty have talked to customer care. Tcl curved version having so much bleeding is also weird, I thought that the curved version was using a samsung panel. or is it from someone else

Phillips having this much bleeding issue is bothersome. is it under warranty have talked to customer care. Tcl curved version having so much bleeding is also weird, I thought that the curved version was using a samsung panel. or is it from someone else
Well, tcl was returned twice and now Philips will also be going back as this being the replacment and company has decided to give give refund, let's c how it goes.

The TV in the 3rd pic (where both the wall mounted speakers are clearly visible) shows better backlight control. More than clouding, it looks like backlight bleeding. Do you see when watching normal contents?

Get a 49KS7000 or better still 55B6 OLED :)

The TV in the 3rd pic (where both the wall mounted speakers are clearly visible) shows better backlight control. More than clouding, it looks like backlight bleeding. Do you see when watching normal contents?

Get a 49KS7000 or better still 55B6 OLED :)

Yes it's visible while watching Any content but dark n black scenes only n becomes unbearable to watch in a dark room.
Can't get oled or High end ones from premium brands... Budget not permitting. Need a no frills, basic, no 4k now(didn't find any use) no smart. Just a nice fhd 49/50 inch with a decent PQ.

Samsung 2015 model 48J5100 was a good one with viewing angles wider than most VA panels. It was approx 56K about 3 weeks back. Should be cheaper now. I can check the model again for you this weekend just to be sure.

Samsung 2015 model 48J5100 was a good one with viewing angles wider than most VA panels. It was approx 56K about 3 weeks back. Should be cheaper now. I can check the model again for you this weekend just to be sure.

Thanks. Does it make sense buying such am old model in 2017? Why this particular model, was it that good and does Samsung give additional warranty these days?
The thing is, I've not looked at Samsung n Sony at all just due to their absurd pricing in India though I love Sony's PQ.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back