New 55 inch UHD TV from Philips

Bought the TV today from Vijay sales 49put7791 for 52k... Wasn't going any lower then this.
Will soon get the 5 yr warranty card... Also confirmed from Philips India just be sure.
Just hoping it turns out to be good enough for the price I've paid over the 48 inch tcl.

Hi, just scroll to my first post where I have given details of pricing.

Guddu, the tv supports 4k through hdmi. The specs printed by them are incorrect. It accepts 4k signals easily. My gtx 970 card in my pc could easily pass on 4k signals and the tv could display in all its glory. At the back of the tv the proper hdmi version is mentioned which takes care of all this.

Thanks Amarendra, but just to be double sure, can you please check the display settings on PC and post resolution with refresh rate supported?

You are using GTX 970, must be Gaming lover. Have you tried any heavy games yet? If yes then did you experience any input lag?

Hi guddu, the pc is far from the tv these days hence can't post any screen shots. But the tv does 4k at 30 Hz which is what my gtx 970 also supports. I could easily play heavy duty games like arkham knight or far cry primal, Deus ex mankind divided, assassins Creed syndicate etc

Hi guddu, the pc is far from the tv these days hence can't post any screen shots. But the tv does 4k at 30 Hz which is what my gtx 970 also supports. I could easily play heavy duty games like arkham knight or far cry primal, Deus ex mankind divided, assassins Creed syndicate etc

Hey amarendra... I got the TV installed today... And it was delivered yesterday. The TV seems OK... I am still figuring out then smart functions n ticketing with picture settings. I have one complaint so far... I see a bit of light bleed on the right top corner... 2 spots.. One from the top left bezel... N top left Area. A bit of bleed which is visible in black. Does your TV have any light bleed issues.

I think there is slight on top left side which I notice at times. But I guess that happens in led. But I hardly notice it. Check with Philips if required.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I think there is slight on top left side which I notice at times. But I guess that happens in led. But I hardly notice it. Check with Philips if required.

Hi, well mine is a bit more noticeable in dark scenes... It's there in the top left and also a bit bottom right. I have attached some pics, do compare it to yours... N let me know. By looking at it do u think I should contact t Philips n ask for a replacment?
The bottom left is undetected during normal viewing but top right does affect a hut during dark scenes. One can notice it in a darkened room with lights off. Do suggest.

Also, there is a movement n play in the screen/display on the top right n left edges. I mean if pressed the display moves n is not fixed. If we tap on it... It moves n is not fixed n has a bit of play. Do u have The same?

Attachments

• IMG_20170313_174624871.jpg
    IMG_20170313_174624871.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20170313_174811086.jpg
    IMG_20170313_174811086.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_20170313_175056851.jpg
    IMG_20170313_175056851.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Yes yours looks pronounced- please check with philips

Thanks... Yeah I've sent emails and Dm's in Facebook and their twitter handle and hopefully should get a reply soon as Philips is pretty prompt with this.
Also is there any play or movement anywhere on the display specially the top n left right corners. When touched n tapped there a movement as if it's nt fixed. This is only on these top corners n not anywhere else.

Hey Amarendra, does it support 4k content via usb drive? Anything in particular I have to look for in terms of codec or anything... I have never downloaded or even viewed 4k.

4k is supported on USB. In case of codec issues, you can add vlc media player via Google play store.

4k is supported on USB. In case of codec issues, you can add vlc media player via Google play store.

Thanks... Glad to know this. It means true 4k content n movies can be enjoyed in this tv. Just an update I have registered a complaint with Philips and engineer would be visiting tommorow and I've sent mails to everyone in Philips India and Philips TV Facebook page with photos for proof and have asked for a replacement, so let's see.
Can u tell me you picture settings including stuff like noise reduction etc.
Are you able to find out thr code for factory / service menu which has advanced picture settings?
All LEDs have a secret factory menu and my Philips led before this 40pfl5059... I had also posted and plenty of Discussion and lots of owners pitched in and one of them had found out the service menu code and it helped me a lot to tinker with PQ settings and extract the best out of it.
But the same code doesn't work with this one and I've tried to google and found few variations but till now nine have worked. If u do end up finding one which works do post it, it's of great help when advanced picture settings are missing. This has rgb gain, white balance etc... So helps a lot.
Otherwise as u said, blacks are deep but sometimes too deep which leads to loss of details, which was the case with my previous Philips too. I thinks it's inherent with philips processing engine since panels are different in this one n previous one.

Sure but haven't really accessed this menu. I calibrated this tv using the Disney wow Blu-ray disc. The basic settings worked fine for me. Btw they have an active chat on their website in case the engineer doesn't visit tomorrow.

Sure but haven't really accessed this menu. I calibrated this tv using the Disney wow Blu-ray disc. The basic settings worked fine for me. Btw they have an active chat on their website in case the engineer doesn't visit tomorrow.

Well, I am hoping he would, they r pretty prompt here in gurgaon n specially with me... Since by now u have all their direct nos of seniors in their service centres and PE electronics who are the license holder for Philips tvs here who eventually dispatch the replacements n parts etc. They replaced my TV recently only when it got bad in its 3rd yr... So I am hoping they should do it this time too since its brand new n has a defectout of the box.

The weird part is... The back panel of the TV looks n feels much premium then the plasticky grey bezel in the front.
Well, this tv n Videocon 4k 49" looked the same apart from their obvious brand names... Infact exactly the same colour n look n feel n same price too... It was just 1k cheaper in the listed price by Vijay sales. I know Videocon n Philips is being assembled by the same company which is pe electronics or pe gets them made by Videocon .. Whatever.

True, but what matters more is the image processing done by these companies which is very different. There is a curved tcl tv on Amazon at half the price of its equivalent Samsung. Tcl in fact mentions it as Samsung panel since tcl manufactures Samsung TVs. But again the picture will have differences due to the processing engine which is where the specialty of each company lies.

True, but what matters more is the image processing done by these companies which is very different. There is a curved tcl tv on Amazon at half the price of its equivalent Samsung. Tcl in fact mentions it as Samsung panel since tcl manufactures Samsung TVs. But again the picture will have differences due to the processing engine which is where the specialty of each company lies.

Hahaha... I know all about tcl... I think u didn't go through one of my threads.i purchased the same tcl 48" curved only n had to return it twice n now waiting for the refund from Amazon.
I had posted my review n experience here as well. Let me tell you, purely in terms of PQ and build quality... It was a fabulous tv for the price of 37k. I was mighty impressed with its PQ... n colour reproduction. The panel looked to be of great quality.
But both the times I faced issue with clouding all over n Backlight bleeding was excessive during dark scenes... It was all over. N then I ordered replacement n the 2nd one alsi had the same amt of bleeding n clouding. So returned it for a refund but otherwise superb PQ but smart part was useless... But bought it fr being curved n size for 37k n for that it was worth it. It's just I guess I was unlucky n I don't know but again with philips a similar issue... I don't know what's wrong with my luck this time.... Now again I am In a similar situation... :lol: Different brand but again same issue. I am hoping now the replacment is done and this one is clean as a whistle. I am actually now tired of getting tvs replaced in the past month. This is my 4th tv in the last one month including the previous one which Philips replaced... Can anyone beat that.. Hahha

Oh didn't know that. Even I had considered buying tcl just for the curve. Maybe you should visit a showroom having Samsung/ Sony to check if there is any light bleed happening.

Oh didn't know that. Even I had considered buying tcl just for the curve. Maybe you should visit a showroom having Samsung/ Sony to check if there is any light bleed happening.

Well samsung n Sony I don't even touch, too pricey for what they offer and minimum warranty and then far too many feedbacks regarding panels getting conked off within 1-2 yrs and then both charging a bomb to replace it.
In the showroom due to so much light, none of the tvs u can notice any Backlight bleeding. I was thoroughly going thru all the brands and almost 50 Leds where displayed of mostly all brands from low to High end ones all over the walls of Vijay sales outlet in gurgaon. It's only at home u figure out these issues.
Hey... Can u tell me what app you are using to cast from mobile to tv? YouTube to YouTube it doesn't show the cast option n doesn't show any tv and that is because I beleive the android installed and the apps itself are of mobile android n not tv. Cause like on my ps4... YouTube app one can cast from mobile phone to ps4 YouTube and nothing shows up in this case. What app would u suggest to cast mobile be it YouTube, videos or photos?

I use Chromecast though I can try the inbuilt casting app. Any update on the light bleed ?

I use Chromecast though I can try the inbuilt casting app. Any update on the light bleed ?

Hey, which one is the inbuilt casting app?
No update yet on the light bleed issue, I'm waiting for the Philips engineer to visit.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back