New amp for Technics SB6 speakers

Mike

Hi All....hope you can assist. In the process of purchasing a new Amp - current speakers are (old!!!) Technics SB6 honeycomb disc. Have been recommended the following amps, but have no clue which is the best suited:

Denon PMA 1510
Marantz PM 7004
NAD C375BEE

Can anyone guide me please, as the capabilities of the three options appear quite varied?

Thanks and regards - Mike

PS: Have been using an old Technics SUV 7 amp too date.

Its a 3-way design with 75 Watt at 8 Ohm, 38-35000 Hz, 93db/W(1m). You could try tube amp with it too, depending upon the type of music you listen to.

Even the sub US$ 80 T-amps should be an excellent match with them.

Hi Avid

Many thanks for your quick response. Would be grateful though if you would help a little more? Based on what you have said I am STILL confused as to what the best amp to buy would be, of the three options given. Could you translate the technical spec into a brand name please? Clearly I am NOT technically orientated!

Thanks - Mike

Mike,

Try Denon+Technics Combo. I Felt those combo nuetral for my initial Set-up.Nad and Marantz are good for music but i havent tested the combo with Technics so unable to comment.

I have heard Technics (different model) with NAD and really sounds good to me. And Technics Honeycomb are nice speakers, IMHO it should be good combo with NAD.

Speakers of that era rarely had a bright or sharp sound. More likely should have a laid back, mellow sound signature. So, logically either the Marantz or the Denon should be a fit match (without giving them a hear). I have 'heard' Marantz often, not a Denon that frequently, with different speakers.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back