New member Help me

jack_dawson

Hi Guys,

Great information on this site.
After reading these forum to assemble a 5.1 Home theatre of mine.I was planning to buy a HTIB but reading the forum here I got motivated otherwise. I don't have much information and I have just started.

I plan to do this in phases and primarily use it for watching movies in my living room 12 feet by 17.5 feet.I currently stay in Thane
Correct me If I am wrong I first plan to buy the AVR first. For this I have shortlisted Denon 1911,Yamaha 667,onkyo 608.

Am i doing this correctly? or should I be looking at speakers first?

Please help me thanks

You should be deciding on the speakers first and later avr to drive the speakers. The new AVR models are just around the corner , so you may wait for some time or source them from abroad to save money.

Good Luck.

welcome buddy.. audition speakers first.. check what sound note you like the most and then get the avr to match them..

looks like I did the reverse. I bought the AVR and now looking to pair with speakers :(

Welcome to HFV :)

OK thanks I am visiting Hong kong and can pull some stuff from there if its cheap. What do you recommend? Right now Budget is 1 lac Rs for the AVR and speaker setup.
I have a Sony EX 500 46 inch already.
I will add more speakers later as I pull more money in to the setup.

Thanks I am visiting Hong kong and can pull some stuff from there if its cheap. What do you recommend? Right now Budget is 1 lac Rs for the AVR and speaker setup.

Sorry to spam you guys please advice a novice

I am visiting Hong kong and can pull some stuff from there if its cheap. What do you recommend? Right now Budget is 1 lac Rs for the AVR and speaker setup.

Welcome to HFV

Watch out for new AVr's (Onkyo 609, Denon 1912 and Pioneer VSX-1021-K)
are just around the corner.

However I agree with everyone, First you need to decide the budget for the Speakers.

Took an audition of Monitor RX1 Rx centre and RX FX sounded impressive was quoted 1,40,000 INR. How is this package?

TOmorrow going to audition the KEF Q and T series

I heard the Klipsch F-20 just the FS with denon 1911 was blown away by it. If 2 speakers can deliver so much wonder what 5.1 would give with it. Anyone done any review with the Klipsh Family hooked with denon

I heard the Klipsch F-20 just the FS with denon 1911 was blown away by it. If 2 speakers can deliver so much wonder what 5.1 would give with it. Anyone done any review with the Klipsh Family hooked with denon

Howmuch were you quoted for F-20s ?

The Dealer is suggesting to buy the Klipsch reference series as it is the latest one and better than synergy. Here is what he is suggesting

RS 41 Surround =16800 INR
RC 41 Centre=11000 INR
RB 41 Rear bookshelf =13200 INR
Woofer SW 110 =22800

Is this a good price and good combo? better than the F-20 R-20 C-20?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back