New Pana xxUT30 FHD 3D!! Launched

yes pretty much just the '3D' thrown in into the currently available U30 model. Competition to Samsung D490(Rs. 50k) !!

seems UT30 will have contrast 2,000,000:1.
Also it seems to weigh 10kgs more than ST30.

42UT30 without stand : 30.5 kg

Hi sunshine_vsk,

I think someone messed up while updating the india webiste...on the weight for 42UT30...the weight they have there is for the 50UT30(actually both show same for weight & power consumption on the india website)

If u check the global - Asia panny webiste...
Specifications / Dimensions | UT series -Plasma TV | PRODUCT | 2011 Asia | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

Weight (w/o stand) TH-P50UT30V: 30.5 kg
TH-P42UT30K: 23.5 kg
Weight (with stand) TH-P50UT30V: 34.0 kg
TH-P42UT30K: 26.5 kg

Also the entire Viera connect suite is included...just like in ST30...i think the only diff b/w xxUT30 and xxST30 will be infinite black pro + neo pdp panel...other than this..everything else matches with ST30...

Also the entire Viera connect suite is included...just like in ST30...i think the only diff b/w xxUT30 and xxST30 will be infinite black pro + neo pdp panel...other than this..everything else matches with ST30...

Specs may match , but picture quality no match. :)

i'm really keen on this new model. Not so much for the 3D but more for the fact that this TV has 1080 moving lines resolution.

The only reason stopping me from the 50U30 was the 900 lines moving resolution but with the 50UT30 we now have 1080 moving lines resolution and the added benefit for 3D to be future proof. Excited to know the pricing on these.

Some major features ST30 has but UT30 doesn't...and might impact PQ...on UT30
1. Infinite black pro
2. Neo PDP
3. Full-HD Resolution Speed of 1200 pps (only in VT30 & ST30...)

ST30 - Panny Asia Global site
ST series -Plasma TV | PRODUCT | 2011 Asia | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

UT30 - Panny Asia Global Site
UT series -Plasma TV | PRODUCT | 2011 Asia | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

Better to rely on Global site than the local website...for some detailed specs.

need to get a demo...then only can decide...

yes you are right. the UT will never match the Picture quality of the ST. I feel the UT is actually a challenger to the Samsung 51D550.

I understand 1 and 2 but not 3.

could you explain how Full-HD Resolution Speed of 1200 pps is different from 1080 moving lines resolution...?

yes you are right. the UT will never match the Picture quality of the ST. I feel the UT is actually a challenger to the Samsung 51D550.

I understand 1 and 2 but not 3.

could you explain how Full-HD Resolution Speed of 1200 pps is different from 1080 moving lines resolution...?

I think it is the same as MPR...that we see from many flat panel vendors...

you can find more info here ...Introducing VIERA Basics | 2011 Asia | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

i can't seem to be able to find the " pps " of the UT series...

Yeah it is not mentioned...if we read MPR as PPS then it is pretty much same as ST30...

Just a wild guess...;) it should be between the best of 2011 LCD(DT30)/2010 PDP (V20) and best of 2011 PDP (VT/ST) -- somewhere between 800 to 1200 PPS...
Below img from Pana global website for ST30

images_p02_img01.jpg

Hey Folks,

I visited the Pana brand shop near manipal center (Bengaluru)...those guys were not even aware of the UT30. :rolleyes: SP called up someone and came back telling that UT30 will be available during Diwali time...
:eek:hyeah:

I checked X30, U30 & ST30 along with other pana LCD. It only strengthened my decision to go for a plasma...:eek:hyeah:

U30 is much better than X30.:licklips: ST30 no doubt is better than U30:eek:hyeah:, but U30 is acceptable for me I think.

Prices quoted by them (all 42")
X30 : 45k
U30 : 50k
ST30 : 80k

I did not do any bargaining...but the SP kept on telling ...'u finalize the set u want sir we can definitely work on the price':D

will wait for UT30 to be launched...below criteria over U30
1.better MPR -> 1080
2. wifi adaptor included
3. access to entire internet suite
4. 3D (not really a big one...)

hope pana doesn't change the specs during actual launch...and does offer this at a decent price...:D

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back