New Panasonic Viera X30 - Exciting Features and Look

samy

I just found the Panasonic Asia site has been updated with the new viera line up for 2011. The set that cathes my eye is new 42 X30 model which replacing 2010 X20 models has completely new look and very exciting and killer features. We can say it has all complete features that we have asked for in the previous models.

Main Features -

The look is totally different and more resembles with lates HD TV designs.
The SD card slot playback capabilities has been hugely expanded. Now it can play all the popular features including - AVCHD / SD-VIDEO / Motion JPEG / MP4 / DivX HD / WMV / MKV / JPEG / MP3 / AAC / WMA.

This playback capabilites have been included in the newly introduced USB (2) slots as well. So this is gonna be very exciting and interesting.

The American version has 2 hdmi version where Panasonic Asia has kept the same 3 HDMI slot like the previous models.

Others interesting features included - True Cinema picture mode, Dolby digital sound, LAN port , Digital Optical Audio Output, 200 watt max power consumption - previous model had 230 watt max.

So folks, what is your reaction with regards to the new model. Though I have not mentioned about other Panny 2011 models.

Now only thing is that when Panasonic India is gonna launch this new models.

Last evening I was at Bajaj kukatpally. Could see the X30 there. It looked nice, infact very similar to the LCDs from Samy/LG. Has two USB ports, the sales person mentioned USB to USB recording function. Dint understand what he actually was saying. He mentioned that the set is capable of playing the USB but not the Hard disk. Initial price quoted for 42 X30 was 39000. I think this should be bargainalbe up to 1000-1500 or may be more. All other features/panel are same as in X20.

Panasonic India website is down from from 16th April. And its still not up. Dont know whats happening there.

The X30 is not as same as X20 in features other than USB terminal ( I personally own X20). It has other new features as I already mentioned in the previous post.

Regarding the hard disk capability the X30 has DLNA and WiFi capability. For further information the following website can be helpful.

USB Information of VIERA for Asia | TV | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

Right, no new plasma products listed. 2011 sets are there in the market and the website is yet not updated, its strange. I think Pana need to outsource their website support :lol:

Last edited:
Panasonic India website is down from from 16th April. And its still not up. Dont know whats happening there.

The X30 is not as same as X20 in features other than USB terminal ( I personally own X20). It has other new features as I already mentioned in the previous post.

Samy, as you own a panasonic x20 (32" ?) will you tell me how is the black level? I just want to find out the picture quality of this model. its on my mind
thanks

Samy, as you own a panasonic x20 (32" ?) will you tell me how is the black level? I just want to find out the picture quality of this model. its on my mind
thanks

I own 42X20D since 8 months and I must say the black level is very much satisfactory. You will hardly notice greyness in the black scenes even in the darkest room.

Rs 39000 for X30 is very decent and attractive price IMO. Wait for this model to hit the market.

looks like its not Full HD.. tht wud be a bummer

Why do you need Full HD? Have you noticed huge difference between Full HD and HD ready when comparing side by side?

And above all you have to pay more to get a full HD model where you can get satisfactory results from a HD ready model in lesser price. You will not even get full 1080 lines of motion resolution from a mid-ranged Full HD model. You have to pay a premium price to get that.

Full HD contents are even pretty decent in this HD ready TVs.

The quote for Pana 42 X30D got better. Now 37500 from Raghu chandra Hyd.:yahoo:
Though the product is available on demand.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back