New Panasonic Viera X30 - Exciting Features and Look

Now this Raghu chandra is a friend of yours or its a store name :eek: .

:lol: I wish he was my friend. This is a store name. Raghu chandra enterprises. I had a telephonic conversation with the sales person there. He mentioned they have yet not received the sets, but if orderd he can arrange in one/two days and quoted this price.

Hi everybody

am very much new to this forum
am looking for an LED 40 inch in samsung or sony
But stuck at this thread for X30 plasma from Panny
39k is a very good deal (i enquired the price)
but no info about U30 price(enquired with brand shop- Hyd)
can anyone tell about the price of u30?
And wen i went for seeing V20 in the showroom, i found dat the picture brightness is very dull (even at full dynamic settings) compared to LED.
Should i worry about this?
And LEDs are over bright but looking gr8 for eyes....
Is it adviceable to go for a plasma. What other things i need to consider?
I need a Tv with good picure quality (both SD and HD) and in a budget (40 to 50k)?
And if it is LED I know dat da budget should be 60k
720 ya 1080- i dont think a big difference except in the price
Please advice friends......

At the current price X30 is the best VFM with all the features. Being a plasma it is cooler to eyes and can be watched for hours like movies, matches, news and as it is a HD ready set so IMO, is good enough to watch the HD contents. As far as V20D is concerned, this is the best in 2D plasma that one can get. Dont compare it with LED. Ofcourse LEDs are displayed with much brighter settings, but that is watchable just for few minutes. Like a torch or a electric lamp. IMO, once brought home, we would need to lower the brightness of LED sets to bring them down to a comfortable level to watch them long hours.
All the technologies, be it plasma, lcd or led are very good and have their own set of advantages and limitations. And dont confuse limitations with disadvantages. And even these limitations are getting reduced very swiftly.
To buy a tv set IMO one needs to analyse his/her requirements. Like what kind of content will be played most, buying for gaming or playing HD content or normal tv viewing, the viewing distance, the budget, looks of the set, ambience of the room (light), features available and of course the family opinion :)

Last edited:
Hey thanx buddy
My main usage wud be dish (airtel or tatasky) viewing. But dish also has HD contents now right? And HD prints occasionally? Will it make a big difference if i take a 720p tv and watch 1080 content, watching at a distance of 8ft?
I can stretch upto 60K if it is required. But is it worth spending 20k for 1080P?
Looks of the set doesnt matter to me.
Features wise am looking only at usb connectivity so dat i can play HD content using Hard disk.
Internet and others.. am least bothered. Good PQ and USB connectivity are important.
Mostly SD (but will it play HD channels reasonably ie cud i make a difference between 1080p and 720P) and occasionally HD will be used.
Family opinion is not a problem at all. Its my personal decision.
Budget wise 40k wud be more comfortable for me. (but i can stretch till 60k if required)
Thanks in advance dude.....

Now it can play all the popular features including - AVCHD / SD-VIDEO / Motion JPEG / MP4 / DivX HD / WMV / MKV / JPEG / MP3 / AAC / WMA.

This playback capabilites have been included in the newly introduced USB (2) slots as well. So this is gonna be very exciting and interesting.

Dolby digital sound, LAN port , Digital Optical Audio Output

What is the output of digital optical audio output stereo or 5.1,Can it play DTS audio,usb support for ntfs formated hard disk ?.I have one confusion even 20" lcd monitors are coming with full hd support why 42" plasmas coming as hd ready (1,024 x 768 not even 1280720).

Hey, one more thing..
I read dat X20 has some glaring glass on it...
should i worry about dis?
Will X30 also have such glass.
I dont exactly know wat does dat mean.
Right now my house is not so bright but dont know about da future...

Main worry points are these sir...
1. Glaring glass like mirror (dont know whether to worry)
2. Dull display (will it disappoint)
3. 720p and 1080p difference if i watch HD channels in DTH (can i make diffrence)
4. Is there any other better option at dis budget (40 to 50k)- (Last resort)-pls convince me on Plasma-as i read gud about dis technology)

What is the output of digital optical audio output stereo or 5.1,Can it play DTS audio,usb support for ntfs formated hard disk ?.I have one confusion even 20" lcd monitors are coming with full hd support why 42" plasmas coming as hd ready (1,024 x 768 not even 1280720).

Digital optical output always can carry 5.1 channel sound. Though the manual is not yet available so cant confirm yet.
As I said manual is still not published so cant confirm whether it can support ntfs format.

But the X30 (including all other 2011 panny models) Supports DLNA and Wi-Fi.

Strangely Panasonic India site is still not updated with their new line up.

Hey, one more thing..
I read dat X20 has some glaring glass on it...
should i worry about dis?
Will X30 also have such glass.
I dont exactly know wat does dat mean.
Right now my house is not so bright but dont know about da future...

Main worry points are these sir...
1. Glaring glass like mirror (dont know whether to worry)
2. Dull display (will it disappoint)
3. 720p and 1080p difference if i watch HD channels in DTH (can i make diffrence)
4. Is there any other better option at dis budget (40 to 50k)- (Last resort)-pls convince me on Plasma-as i read gud about dis technology)

Dear Phani, I personally own Panasonic 42X20 Plasma and the set is placed just opposite to a huge window. All I can say glaring is not an issue at all. Though reflection is there but you have to manage a little bit of curtains and all and your problem is solved.

Regarding your other question whether it will look dull - Trust me It has enough brightness to fill your both eyes and so your family's. I never ever found the plasma is dull. So dont be in misconception.
My setting is - Contrast 50, Brightness 0.

As discussed lot of time in other threads by other members 720p and 1080p does not make a difference unless you watch your tv from a 2 ft distance.

Believe me even full HD contents looks great in 720p plasmas.

Digital optical output always can carry 5.1 channel sound. Though the manual is not yet available so cant confirm yet.
As I said manual is still not published so cant confirm whether it can support ntfs format.

But the X30 (including all other 2011 panny models) Supports DLNA and Wi-Fi.

Strangely Panasonic India site is still not updated with their new line up.

Samsung 2010 models doesn't support 5.1 audio in Digital optical output way that is why I wanted to know about that.Two days before I saw this model displayed in local panasonic store.

Samsung 2010 models doesn't support 5.1 audio in Digital optical output way that is why I wanted to know about that.Two days before I saw this model displayed in local panasonic store.

Why do you require to take the 5.1 feed from the TV itself? If you are playing a Blu ray or a HD set top box so you better can take that feed from there itself and push it directly to the AVR or Home Theatre.

You are lucky that u got the chance to see the X30 model so soon. Dont know when in Kolkata it will be available. I think you can ask the panny store for more details to answer your question provided the sales guy is knowledgeable enough.

Dear Phani, I personally own Panasonic 42X20 Plasma and the set is placed just opposite to a huge window. All I can say glaring is not an issue at all. Though reflection is there but you have to manage a little bit of curtains and all and your problem is solved.

Regarding your other question whether it will look dull - Trust me It has enough brightness to fill your both eyes and so your family's. I never ever found the plasma is dull. So dont be in misconception.
My setting is - Contrast 50, Brightness 0.

As discussed lot of time in other threads by other members 720p and 1080p does not make a difference unless you watch your tv from a 2 ft distance.

Believe me even full HD contents looks great in 720p plasmas.

Hey thankx samy,

Now i hav decided to buy this plasma.
Pls advice me on the dealer- whether to go to authorised dealer(brand shop) or any other dealer who offers a better price..
Because there will be atleast 3k difference between these..
But the service point is also to b considered right?
Pls advice on this also.

Hey thanx buddy
My main usage wud be dish (airtel or tatasky) viewing. But dish also has HD contents now right? And HD prints occasionally? Will it make a big difference if i take a 720p tv and watch 1080 content, watching at a distance of 8ft?
I can stretch upto 60K if it is required. But is it worth spending 20k for 1080P?
Looks of the set doesnt matter to me.
Features wise am looking only at usb connectivity so dat i can play HD content using Hard disk.
Internet and others.. am least bothered. Good PQ and USB connectivity are important.
Mostly SD (but will it play HD channels reasonably ie cud i make a difference between 1080p and 720P) and occasionally HD will be used.
Family opinion is not a problem at all. Its my personal decision.
Budget wise 40k wud be more comfortable for me. (but i can stretch till 60k if required)
Thanks in advance dude.....

The best way for you to get some HD/SD content in a pen drive or HDD and go to a shop where you can try those on a Pany X30 and Sony/Samy/LG lcd. Try to view them in moderate settings and compare. Viewing 1080p content on a HD ready tv at 40/42" screen does not make a difference unless you have a full HD tv nearby.
These days you can get very nice full HD LCDs also in range of 40-50K in 40" size. Regarding the cable and satelite tv it would be difficult to compare, as their performance varies drastically in stores, because of their reception or the networking that they do. For that you have to find some friends who are using these sets already.

Last edited:
The best way for you to get some HD/SD content in a pen drive or HDD and go to a shop where you can try those on a Pany X30 and Sony/Samy/LG lcd. Try to view them in moderate settings and compare. .

Definitely a stupid question - but how do you get some HD / SD content? I think We need a TV tuner card to record something. don't we have some ready made clips downloadable somewhere? Please guide me.

Definitely a stupid question - but how do you get some HD / SD content? I think We need a TV tuner card to record something. don't we have some ready made clips downloadable somewhere? Please guide me.

Download demos and trailers from various sites, just google to find out.

@PhaniKumar: You can check with Bajaj electronics, kukatpally he quoted 39000 one week ago. Also Chandra enterprises, they quoted 37500 on phone.

Option1: X20[Rs.31500] + Media Player[~3500] = Rs. 34,500
Option2: X30[Rs 37000 around]

Is there any good reason why should one prefer Option 2? I am thinking of going for X20 even now and purchasing a Blu Ray player for the savings over X30.

Guyz any idea about, whether X30 can play hard disk via USB.
Website says Mass Storage device- I think it means dat it includes hard disk
And any guesses about 42U30 release and its price?
I guess it will be in between range of X30 and V20 as it has 20,00,000:1 contrast ratio with Full HD and Picture enhancer.(V20 has 50lacs:1 Contrast ratio) So it shud be somewhere between X30 and V20.
What do u say guyz.....?

I started looking for a TV around a month back... and after the basic research decided to go for the 46" Sony CX 520 LCD... then on getting some more info about plasmas decided to go for the 42" V20D... All this while being clear about three things...
dont want 3D... want Full HD and want USB support for all the common video formats...

And just then comes the new range from Panasonic... and with no substitute for the V20D in the new India range... I was looking forward to the U30 only to find that it has a Mov. Pic . Res. of 900 lines unlike 1080 lines of V20D...

So now I am thinking why would Pann do such a thing... remove the option of 1080 from non 3d tvs...
Also I got to see the X30 at the Mumbai Panny store... they had the 50" V20D there too.. and the Avatar he played was looking better on the X30... maybe because the showroom was too cramped and distance was less for a 50".. but still the X30 looked very nice...

Whether this means that the diff. between a FHD and HD TVs is more in just numbers than practically differentiable PQ...?? and if so then the X30 at 39k becomes an awesome option...

Two more questions...
When the channels say that they are now available in HD do they mean the 720 MPR level ?

And, When FHD content is played from a BR Disc or videos from FHD handycams are played on HD TVs... will the picture quality suffer or will it just be brought down and settled at HD qualiy... (which again depending on the practical difference may or may not seem a distortion...)

Back