New Panasonic Viera X30 - Exciting Features and Look

Guys,

Bought a 42" X30 for 36650 (under 21" CTV exchange) in Navi Mumbai today. I'm struggling with finding out as how to access the service menu. The X20 could be accessed using Vol down + 3 times recall button. Recall button doesn't exist on the new remote anymore.

I need to keep a track of 100 hours of breaking in.

Any help please?

Hi friends,

I too bought Panny 42x30 for 39k in pana brand shop

PQ is really good

except for glaring screen i dont have any issues with this TV

even a small light in the room clearly disturbs the viewing experience

but if the room is dark its really good

my normal 5.1 SD dvds are playing very good in this tv

So i need not say about 720p videos i think

I need some help on accessing service menu and checking usage hours friends...

Pls some body help on dat...

Thankx....

Congrats to Phani and hi all,

I bought 42 X30D from Hypercity, Inorbit mall Hyd. Cost me INR 38000. No exchange no free gifts. Yet to get the 3 yrs warranty document. Set is wall mounted now. My first few observations:

- SD picture quality is good. Dishtv channels look nice. But looks like I will have to move to HD transmission soon to get better performance.

- Plays various formats through USB port when I am using my 8G pen drive.

- .mkv format files with high resolution are played with jitters, though a little low resolution .mkv files are played flawlessly.

- Doesn't recognise my WD HD 150G. :sad:

- In the booklet it is mentioned that it plays flash drives with FAT format, but in the shop one iOmega HD with NTFS format was being played smoothly. :confused:

- Connected my Creative 2.1 speakers with the headphone socket and selected the audio as TV+external and getting the sound through all the speakers. :cool:

- As of now using the lower picture settings for initial 15-20 days, but still if the light in the room is low/very low the picture quality for the movies through USB is really awesome.

- Reflection is there, but not a problem unless the lamp/tube is visible in the screen.

- Remote is very handy with less number of buttons.

@PhaniKumar and other owners of X30D, which Hard disks other than iOmega have you tried successfully with this set as my WD hard disk doesn't work with this.

Also need suggestion regarding the surge protector requirement for this set. Or do we need anything else to handle the voltage variation and fluctuation. Saw one Belkin Gold surge protector for INR 1600 @ Reliance digital with some warranty coverage upto INR 100000.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Congrats to Phani and hi all,

I bought 42 X30D from Hypercity, Inorbit mall Hyd. Cost me INR 38000. No exchange no free gifts. Yet to get the 3 yrs warranty document. Set is wall mounted now. My first few observations:

- SD picture quality is good. Dishtv channels look nice. But looks like I will have to move to HD transmission soon to get better performance.

- Plays various formats through USB port when I am using my 8G pen drive.

- .mkv format files with high resolution are played with jitters, though a little low resolution .mkv files are played flawlessly.

- Doesn't recognise my WD HD 150G. :sad:

- In the booklet it is mentioned that it plays flash drives with FAT format, but in the shop one iOmega HD with NTFS format was being played smoothly. :confused:

- Connected my Creative 2.1 speakers with the headphone socket and selected the audio as TV+external and getting the sound through all the speakers. :cool:

- As of now using the lower picture settings for initial 15-20 days, but still if the light in the room is low/very low the picture quality for the movies through USB is really awesome.

- Reflection is there, but not a problem unless the lamp/tube is visible in the screen.

- Remote is very handy with less number of buttons.

@PhaniKumar and other owners of X30D, which Hard disks other than iOmega have you tried successfully with this set as my WD hard disk doesn't work with this.

Also need suggestion regarding the surge protector requirement for this set. Or do we need anything else to handle the voltage variation and fluctuation. Saw one Belkin Gold surge protector for INR 1600 @ Reliance digital with some warranty coverage upto INR 100000.

Thanks.

Hey dude....
Congrats.. I think u got a gud price
Iam using my transcend 500gb hard disk
It is playing very smoothly
And i have no idea about this voltage stabilizer...
Pls let me too know about that guyz..
thankx

Guyz...
one more thing, do we have to make any caliberation settings for this X30
am just using all the picture setting at 50 level
should i do anything else
and iam very much worried about this image retention..
my whole concentration is on this still image even when iam watching any movie
Any suggestions are invited...

@Manu,

Vol down + 3-times Info buttons enter into Adjustment menu. How do I enter into service menu?

@Peeyush,

I have a 500GB WD Passport. It works great with X30. It plays almost all formats but there is no sound with some of the mkv / mp4 files.

@PhaniKumar,

I'm using 25 contrast, 0 brighness, 50 colour and 35 sharpness. Don't ask how I concluded these values. I have also been trying to avoid sticking to a particular channel and trying to watch some of the stuff on Zoom 1, 2 and 3. :-S

^^^^

Not 100% guaranteed for the X30 but here's what i could get, also do not press the volume or channel buttons on the remote at any cost as that might change the values rendering the set unusable.

1- Hold down V- on the TV and press "Info" button 3 times on the remote
2- Press 2 to get to SRV-TOOL
3- Press OK to Enter
4- Navigate to Bottom Right Hand Cell using the Directional Buttons on remote
5- Hold Down "Mute" for a Few Seconds it should display the used hours and
number of times the set was switched ON
6- Press "EXIT" for few seconds to come out of this menu (The TV will reboot).

The steps listed above should be used with caution and will be your sole responsibility ;)

ATB and let us know what happens....

@Manu,

Vol down + 3-times Info buttons enter into Adjustment menu. How do I enter into service menu?

@Peeyush,

I have a 500GB WD Passport. It works great with X30. It plays almost all formats but there is no sound with some of the mkv / mp4 files.

@PhaniKumar,

I'm using 25 contrast, 0 brighness, 50 colour and 35 sharpness. Don't ask how I concluded these values. I have also been trying to avoid sticking to a particular channel and trying to watch some of the stuff on Zoom 1, 2 and 3. :-S

Thanks Bizarre, please tell me what file system is your WD passport. Is it NTFS of FAT? Mine is WD Elements 150G. It was on FAT file system. Now I am formating it with NTFS as I observed iOmege hard disk with NTFS working with this Panny.

@Manu,

Thanks much. But trust me the instructions sound scary. Rendering the set unusable... Rebooting... instructions should be used with caution... I'm not trying it. Sorry! :p

@Peeyush,

NTFS.

Well your fear is justified, as i mentioned the parameters\values in the service menu can get altered if you press the Volume +\- or Channel +\- buttons by mistake when you are in the service menu. But don't worry i went through the same catch-22 situation, in my case finally i had to check the usage hours the moment they delivered as the first piece they delivered was used and i had to battle it out for a new one.

I have another solution, why don't you go to the showroom and check it out there before you try it on your set ... :eek:hyeah:

Also to speed up the break in process i suggest you run some DVD's or movie files which fill up the entire screen, nevertheless you actually don't need to be worried about break-in with the panels manufactured post 2009 ...

Thanks Manu. Bit the bullet just now. All worked well. 9:13 hours and 6 times started. :)

Thanks again. Really appreciate the help.

Glad to be of help buddy, something was telling me yesterday that you will go ahead and try it in-spite of your fears :D ...

Plasma owners are a different league all together, going against the norm is inherent ;)

Thanks Bizarre. But my WD elements dint work even after I formatted with NTFS. :sad:
Time to upgrade the hard disk as well ;)

@Manu,

Lol. Even I knew I will do it. I actually gave it up for the first time but your second post was reassuring and hence did it. :)

@Peeyush,

Guess so. I have a 5-year old WD Passport as well. Will try that and let you know. It could be the old HDD that's culprit.

Hi Guys,
The best price of X30 I have got in Delhi-NCR is 38K without any freebies. Any better offer please share.
Regards,

Hey dude....
Congrats.. I think u got a gud price
Iam using my transcend 500gb hard disk
It is playing very smoothly
And i have no idea about this voltage stabilizer...
Pls let me too know about that guyz..
thankx

what if the external HDD has a power chord.......will X30 support the HDD.
I am confused as most of the ppl might have connected a HDD which does not have a power chord but just connects to the TV with USB.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back