New Panasonic Viera X30 - Exciting Features and Look

thanks for the review Rajesh. In the 2nd snap above the vertical line on the screen is that a sticker?

rajesh,
I have a few questions.
1. how did you connect the audio to your hometheatre. does the Tv has analog Audio output(RCA composite ports?) apart from digital optical output?

2. X30 has IPTV social network conenctivity. so you can connect only to shoutcast and facebook. Only the VT series has conenctivity to Skype, Youtube(Viera Connect). Is it possible to get the viera connect through firmware update through internet.
3. did you experience false contouring or posterization anytime?
("http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1440141-panasonic-plasma-posterisation-colour-banding-2010-2011-a-2.html"
see comments by user Nagroud and Fahrenheit451)

Thanks in advance
Gopi

It does not have digital optical output. Edit: Wrong.
It has RCA audio output, but that would work only for tuned TV channels, not for HDMI. For example, if you have connected BD player or tatasky+ through HDMI, you cannot get the audio out through this audio out port. (Edit: May be my TV is defective?!)

It has a headphone out, which would work for HDMI also.

facebook and shoutcast works. There is a menu for firmware update. but there are no firmwares available.

rajesh,
I have a few questions.
1. how did you connect the audio to your hometheatre. does the Tv has analog Audio output(RCA composite ports?) apart from digital optical output?

2. X30 has IPTV social network conenctivity. so you can connect only to shoutcast and facebook. Only the VT series has conenctivity to Skype, Youtube(Viera Connect). Is it possible to get the viera connect through firmware update through internet.
3. did you experience false contouring or posterization anytime?
("http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1440141-panasonic-plasma-posterisation-colour-banding-2010-2011-a-2.html"
see comments by user Nagroud and Fahrenheit451)

Thanks in advance
Gopi

Last edited:
@Gopi
1 - Yes it has analog output, which I have connected to Onkyo 3300
2 - I did not even give a thought on, as I was quite busy. Also this extra features did not pull me to buy this Plasma. Would like to use this feature, will check details on it.
3 - To my naive eyes I could not make those things. except while watching source code movie, in those capsule scenes. in other scenes in the same movie did not find any issue. I am downloading the test material provided by Fahrenheit451. I will test it and see if my naive eyes can make any notice.

With repect to the PQ of the Plasma, its superb. Recently I have seen Zindagi na milege dobara in fame cinemas. I did not like the PQ (whether its related to movie or screen I am not sure). At theater, I was telling my wife that our TV is giving much better PQ than this theater screen, to which she obliged. :)

does anyone know the price of the x30 and u30 50" models?

and whats weird is that we got our panny 42" 1080p plasma tv for about 45k a year and a half ago.... sorry, i don't remember the model number, but if you can tell me where to look, ill do so and tell you

@dyna - I have connected optical from TV to Onkyo 3300 and sound is really good. When connected on RCA I use to put volume at 50 to 60, now 20 is fine on my onkyo.

@dyna
Thanks.
Does Tatasky settop box have analog RCA output? Then I can connect the TV to settop box through HDMI and the hometheatre system to the settop box through RCA.

Gopi

It does not have digital optical output.
It has RCA audio output, but that would work only for tuned TV channels, not for HDMI. For example, if you have connected BD player or tatasky+ through HDMI, you cannot get the audio out through this audio out port.

It has a headphone out, which would work for HDMI also.

facebook and shoutcast works. There is a menu for firmware update. but there are no firmwares available.

@Gopi
1 - Yes it has analog output, which I have connected to Onkyo 3300
2 - I did not even give a thought on, as I was quite busy. Also this extra features did not pull me to buy this Plasma. Would like to use this feature, will check details on it.
3 - To my naive eyes I could not make those things. except while watching source code movie, in those capsule scenes. in other scenes in the same movie did not find any issue. I am downloading the test material provided by Fahrenheit451. I will test it and see if my naive eyes can make any notice.

With repect to the PQ of the Plasma, its superb. Recently I have seen Zindagi na milege dobara in fame cinemas. I did not like the PQ (whether its related to movie or screen I am not sure). At theater, I was telling my wife that our TV is giving much better PQ than this theater screen, to which she obliged. :)

Rajesh,
Thanks. I saw in the brochure for X30 under the heading Wi-Fi Ready
. View Viera Connect with a Wi-Fi connection.

If you have the Wi-Fi connectivity and whenever you have time , request you to check Youtube /Skype.

Thanks.

Gopi

@gopi, sorry for the wrong info. @rajesh, thanks for the clarification. I had wall mounted it and dint get to see the back clearly ! Also, were you really able to get audio out from TV's RCA, for a source coming to TV from HDMI ? It dint work for me.

@Dyna - Yes I was getting audio out from RCA. In the TV sound setting, 2nd row after the headphone out volume there is audio out option. There are 3 options TV and audio out, TV, audio out. I have selected audio out. If I remove RCA cable, I could not hear any audio (not even from TV). so I guess RCA audio out is working :)

@Dyna - Yes I was getting audio out from RCA. In the TV sound setting, 2nd row after the headphone out volume there is audio out option. There are 3 options TV and audio out, TV, audio out. I have selected audio out. If I remove RCA cable, I could not hear any audio (not even from TV). so I guess RCA audio out is working :)

Rajesh,
I bought Panasonic P42U30D 3 days back from Vasanth & Co, North USMAN road, T.Nagar for 43K (Inclusive of taxes, Installation and Stand).

It is not playing 1080P movies mkv container(AVC videao and AAC audio). Plays 720P mkv files superbly. Plays files from 1TB HD drive and USB 32GB flash drive.
Has optical audio output as well as analog audio output. sound is not excellent. With Cable, SD is not good. Plays blueray rip through DVD player, super.
Has only options for Facebook and shoutcast and does not have connections to Skype, Youtube. Yet to connect to home theater through Analog output.
Gopi

bought new 42x30 in rs. 36500 at Jaipur
superb picture quality..............i m loving it

congrads...:clapping:
what is your take on the SD content on this TV? you use cable or DTH?
how about daytime viewing...is the panel bright enough?

Hi
SD content is good and the colors are natural.. its my second plasma and i feel its far better than any lcd
I m using TATA SKY and the panel is bright enough in day time
Overall pretty satisfied with its performance...

Ddi you tried playing an mp4 with this? I am not getting voice on some mp4 files. While some wmv are not playing at all.
Anyone tried movies with subtitle in folder .... like we do with vlc media player?

well subtitle are playing as expected. And for mp4 the manual says formats with dts audio codec wont play, so thats it... i ll download only mkv file from now on.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back