New Panasonic Viera X30 - Exciting Features and Look

I started looking for a TV around a month back... and after the basic research decided to go for the 46" Sony CX 520 LCD... then on getting some more info about plasmas decided to go for the 42" V20D... All this while being clear about three things...
dont want 3D... want Full HD and want USB support for all the common video formats...

And just then comes the new range from Panasonic... and with no substitute for the V20D in the new India range... I was looking forward to the U30 only to find that it has a Mov. Pic . Res. of 900 lines unlike 1080 lines of V20D...

So now I am thinking why would Pann do such a thing... remove the option of 1080 from non 3d tvs...
Also I got to see the X30 at the Mumbai Panny store... they had the 50" V20D there too.. and the Avatar he played was looking better on the X30... maybe because the showroom was too cramped and distance was less for a 50".. but still the X30 looked very nice...

Whether this means that the diff. between a FHD and HD TVs is more in just numbers than practically differentiable PQ...?? and if so then the X30 at 39k becomes an awesome option...

Two more questions...
When the channels say that they are now available in HD do they mean the 720 MPR level ?

And, When FHD content is played from a BR Disc or videos from FHD handycams are played on HD TVs... will the picture quality suffer or will it just be brought down and settled at HD qualiy... (which again depending on the practical difference may or may not seem a distortion...)

So you mean that Even U30 is not Full HD for movies?

guys has anyone taken the plunge on this VFM HDTV? or has anyone tested this? any reviews which we can go thru?

i guyz

Today i experienced the panny 42x30 in the brandshop

i took my hard disk along with me to check whether the TV can detect it

The TV is simply superb in playing the hard disk. It dint take any time lag in detecting the hard disk and playing the video

I played 720p avatar video file and its awesome....

Iam posting this information because earlier somebody in this thread mentioned dat it doesnt support harddisk. Ofcourse even salesmen were saying dat it doesnt support harddisk.

And one more thing guyz.. I tried to play the same hard disk with V20 but it didnt support the same.

This is for your information guyz....

Hopefully i will buy this Tv in this week itself and post u some pics

I think too much importance is being given to moving picture resolution of 900 lines in Pana X/U series vs. 1080 lines in the V series.

Yes. The V series is definitely better and hence costlier too. But the V series appears brilliant because of the NeoPDP panel, infinite black levels, the increased contrast ratio and a host of other features plus the 1080 lines MPR.

Go for the V series if you can afford it but the others are not too bad, IMHO.

Last edited:
i guyz

Today i experienced the panny 42x30 in the brandshop

i took my hard disk along with me to check whether the TV can detect it

The TV is simply superb in playing the hard disk. It dint take any time lag in detecting the hard disk and playing the video

I played 720p avatar video file and its awesome....

Iam posting this information because earlier somebody in this thread mentioned dat it doesnt support harddisk. Ofcourse even salesmen were saying dat it doesnt support harddisk.

And one more thing guyz.. I tried to play the same hard disk with V20 but it didnt support the same.

This is for your information guyz....

Hopefully i will buy this Tv in this week itself and post u some pics

Even i am inclined towards X30. The best price i got was 41,000 without any freebies...
Pahnikumar - what was the price you were quoted and where are you buying it from...let me know.

Hi for all,

I have confirmed pricing for X30, best price Rs 37,500 of course includes bill warranty, stand, free installation etc.

This is for a order of 25 units but I guess a united force presentation can maybe knock a couple of hundreds off, I am not sure but Rs 37,500 is confirmed, best bargainers must be present!

Outstation buyers can have their plasmas delivered through their local Panasonic brand shop, if the pricing they are getting at their local places is more than this.

Credit card holders can have 12 or 24 monthly EMI's with no interest. with an x amount as down payment. I know for 24 EMI it is 15 months down payment. For 12 month EMI I do not know.

PS: This is a duplicate copy of the post from V20 best buy thread so mods do forgive me as V20 and X20 quotes are not available and dealers are quoting for X30!

Hope this helps

Regards

Even i am inclined towards X30. The best price i got was 41,000 without any freebies...
Pahnikumar - what was the price you were quoted and where are you buying it from...let me know.

Hi Vinod,

I enquired with two panny brand shops. One is where i have done all the R&D work in kukatpally, hyderabad where he quoted da best price as 41k. Another is at secbad panny brand shop where he quoted 39500 on phone.
Apart from Brand shops i enquired in Bajaj electronics, panjagutta which is also a loot shop where they quoted 39k.

If i go for some small dealers i think i can get it for 37 or 38k approx. But am just worried about da service later on. So am prefering pany brand shop rather than any other dealer. I already told this guy dat i got a price of 39k, and i can take da tv if u can give at dat price. He said he will speak to his owner and come back to me.

Let me see.....

Hi Phanikumar,

I can not say about Hyderabad, but in general even your small dealer gets his unit also from the same company warehouse as your "Premier" and so called brand shops, so I guess that does not make much of a difference.

As long as you have a proper bill and get the warranty, and are getting a sealed piece, I guess it should be fine.

But I guess local Hyderabad guys can help out in this case as to how good after sales responses are in terms of helping people for service and warranty issues, once the deal is done!

But then that is the usual problem, "Cash once paid and I do not know you" attitude and policy in India. Brand shop or any shop for that matter!

I have some review on X30 here: [post=245697]42" Plasma - Recommendations pls[/post]

In my opinion, X30 is a good bargain. Now if U30 has the same black levels as X30, it may be the end of the road for V20.

I bought one yesterday in Bangalore for RS.36700.
I always wanted Panasonic TV.
42'' Plasma with all these connectivity options was Too Good to resist.
I have a lot of mkv format videos, Now I can play these files by connecting my portable HDD directly to this TV.

Last edited:
I have some review on X30 here: [post=245697]42" Plasma - Recommendations pls[/post]

In my opinion, X30 is a good bargain. Now if U30 has the same black levels as X30, it may be the end of the road for V20.

Although the U30 is a full hd panel the moving picture resolution (MPR) max's out at 900 lines , whereas the V20 can display 1080 lines. So motion and PQ will be smoother in the V20 and less jaggies if i am not wrong.

I bought one yesterday in Bangalore for RS.36700.
I always wanted Panasonic TV.
42'' Plasma with all these connectivity options was Too Good to resist.
I have a lot of mkv format videos, Now I can play these files by connecting my portable HDD directly to this TV.

Congrats buddy , Panasonic has got it right with the x30, perfect replacement for the erstwhile x20. I guess even the power consumption figures are less, can you confirm ?

Although the U30 is a full hd panel the moving picture resolution (MPR) max's out at 900 lines , whereas the V20 can display 1080 lines. So motion and PQ will be smoother in the V20 and less jaggies if i am not wrong.
Believe me. I was trying to trace the same difference between 50V20D and 50X30D. The X30 has MPR of 720 lines. From a distance of 10 feet, you cannot make out. Only when pure text is displayed, the jagged edges showed.

I moved as close as 3 feet. Any closer and I could not have observed the two TVs at the same time. Even then the smoothness of V20 was just about noticeable.

The X30 is definitely better than U20. So U30 (with the same G14 panel as the X30) will be a clear winner for me. I definitely want a 50". The 50V20D is a beauty - I am in no way downgrading it. But at 100K, I feel that it is grossly overpriced. I desire a 46~50" full HD TV but I certainly do not need it. :)

Congrats buddy , Panasonic has got it right with the x30, perfect replacement for the erstwhile x20. I guess even the power consumption figures are less, can you confirm ?

200 watt max power consumption for X30 - Where as X20 had 230 watt max.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back