Next best option if I can't get a Toshiba U7980 (Budget 70k, Chennai)

Thanks a ton for your responses everyone. I think my takeaway is that I should just quietly and patiently wait for the U7980 to come back in stock. SO I think I will just do that. (or for the U7QF to drop below 75k :p). Thank you so much everyone! If February rolls along and there's no sign of stock, then I might investigate alternatives. Glad to see hifivision being as full of great knowledge and advice as I remember it from 12 years ago!

I have gone through most of the threads and I understand that most people agree U7980 is best option at this point of time as most value for money. But I also noticed that vidaa os is not so great and it is not available in Bangalore Reliance Digital.
As another option, upcoming launch Hisense Tornado, how is it? Any specific review have we received so far?

Toshiba u7980 has changed the game completely. The price it operates from 45-67k completely obliterates others at this price range and also some other higher priced Tv's. Currently this is the most bang for buck Tv out there which makes other chinese brands a sheer waste of money at this price range. The only thing going against it is availability .
How about the color accuracy of the tv.? I understand fald means better contrast. But contrast isn’t everything. Is it possible to calibrate this tv on a granular level ? YouTube videos or TV set themselves are bad place to look for when it comes to judging the color accuracy as the camera used and the device we are viewing matters. On my calibrated monitor and iPhone many of the real world pictures and videos look very off in color . Like too pink skin tones and neon like green grass and so on. Hope it’s not like Samsung’s default amoled mode ! Hope it’s better in person.

How about the color accuracy of the tv.? I understand fald means better contrast. But contrast isn’t everything. Is it possible to calibrate this tv on a granular level ? YouTube videos or TV set themselves are bad place to look for when it comes to judging the color accuracy as the camera used and the device we are viewing matters. On my calibrated monitor and iPhone many of the real world pictures and videos look very off in color . Like too pink skin tones and neon like green grass and so on. Hope it’s not like Samsung’s default amoled mode ! Hope it’s better in person.
I don't own the Tv but I am trying find one which can be delivered at my place. I did watch the Tv in action in RD and found the color a bit saturated red appearing pinkish.. Since it was showroom setup and they were probably using (guessing) dynamic setting in PQ it would unfair to judge its true PQ. Many FM here are actually using it they can shed some light on this topic.

I don't own the Tv but I am trying find one which can be delivered at my place. I did watch the Tv in action in RD and found the color a bit saturated red appearing pinkish.. Since it was showroom setup and they were probably using (guessing) dynamic setting in PQ it would unfair to judge its true PQ. Many FM here are actually using it they can shed some light on this topic.
I saw customer images and all appear little blown. But it can be the phones camera mostly. Anyway it’s not a way to judge the color. And YouTube reviewers are really ridiculous. No one has a clue about what they are talking yet there is an huge idiot base backing them.

since the general consensus seems to be that this is just a rebadged H8F, I am guessing a good colour profile should be achievable with tweaking.

I have gone through most of the threads and I understand that most people agree U7980 is best option at this point of time as most value for money. But I also noticed that vidaa os is not so great and it is not available in Bangalore Reliance Digital.
As another option, upcoming launch Hisense Tornado, how is it? Any specific review have we received so far?
all the marketing seems to focus on the audio aspect of this TV, there's no talk of FALD or brightness levels, which would suggest there's a good chance it'll be yet another mediocre TV.

Yes,i am aware.55” is not fitting well in my room decor.I am not much into gaming so 60hz should suffice for now.

I have recently purchased apple tv 4k so hoping that combining the same with frame should give a decent picture quality.

all the marketing seems to focus on the audio aspect of this TV, there's no talk of FALD or brightness levels, which would suggest there's a good chance it'll be yet another mediocre TV.
Yes, I felt so. There is no mention of brightness nits as well, only brighter picture mentioned. Just wanted to have opinions from this forum. Thanks for confirming.

My guess is they are being held up at customs as a lot of chinese goods (both finished products and components) are, in ports all over India.
Yes, AliExpress also has stopped shipping to India now since for a lot of goods India Post is not accepting them from other countries.

Same question as OP from me in Bangalore. I saw some TVs in RD showroom - they looked really nice PQ but I did not view critically at all, just first impression was good - Sony 55X7500H for 75k, Hisense 55A73F 46K. are they worth buying? My night time viewing is in dimly lit room but daytime I have bright light from balcony streaming in ...

Same question as OP from me in Bangalore. I saw some TVs in RD showroom - they looked really nice PQ but I did not view critically at all, just first impression was good - Sony 55X7500H for 75k, Hisense 55A73F 46K. are they worth buying? My night time viewing is in dimly lit room but daytime I have bright light from balcony streaming in ...
+1

Primary usage dynamics?

Primary usage dynamics?
YouTube Amazon Prime, Sports... also I am color grading log/flat GoPro video from my vacations so the ability to calibrate the TV with my Xrite iDisplay tool and a color accurate display is preferred (I won’t be actively using the TV as a monitor just for satisfaction). Does the U79 allow calibration? Lastly as a techie I prefer devices that meet tech specs too so I full 48gbps hdmi2.1 port is in my checklist - if I have to pay more than 48k for another TV like 70k range the I will demand all these features else I can compromise...

Tired of the wait for this TV. Plus prices of TV seem to be going up only ..., what can one do if budget is limited to 60k. Any feedback about Panasonic GX800d and Sony 55X7002G. Priority is PQ, android is not compulsory as I have Airtel Xtreme box.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back