Next best option if I can't get a Toshiba U7980 (Budget 70k, Chennai)

I also went for the demo with my friend and yes it's not mounted in ideal position. It's mounted high and also, since it's a small showroom with glass walls, there is so much glare all around. He quoted 47990 but he was also offering a cash back( which comes after 90 day) so effective price was around 44K.
Yeah, I'd agree with the fact but i was in a samsung store just an hour ago with the same file and a tv right next to the big open door was popping(it was a q70t though). Disappointment was easy to creep in after that as colors looked washed out.Dolby vision file did pop a bit though but the comparision baseline was how it had looked on my laptop earlier, 4k content will look good too. Tried the YouTube costa rica video as well. The sloth and the frog decided for me then. Yes it maybe the best in the budget segment I agree, but maybe thats for americans who dont pay as much as us for these. If I'm paying 48k for this might as well save up to pay for the frame as a cheap 55 qled i thought. My last Samsung was a similar costly affair for 40"fhd at 65k but it did last 7 years i'd say, plus maybe im stuck on how the colors on sony sammy look. If i'd spend x*10k Id expect it to last x years at least with relevance as i dont want to keep dumping money so often. Below 40k its a steal, at 45 max. After that i tap out.

Last edited:
I also went for the demo with my friend and yes it's not mounted in ideal position. It's mounted high and also, since it's a small showroom with glass walls, there is so much glare all around. He quoted 47990 but he was also offering a cash back( which comes after 90 day) so effective price was around 44K.
Will it be possible to check on the availability for other cities and also update on U80 ? :)

Will it be possible to check on the availability for other cities and also update on U80 ? :)
No 8080 launched yet. H9G 8s as difficult to get hands on in the states as well. They wouldnt have enough stock here yet to launch or demonstrate.

No 8080 launched yet. H9G 8s as difficult to get hands on in the states as well. They wouldnt have enough stock here yet to launch or demonstrate.
u80 probably would never be launched as it looks like the plans to do so have been shelfed out long ago . if i t was gonna launch really then it would have came out by last December . either way all I wanna say is for price you are paying this TV is great device nothing can compare to this set under 60k.

So while searching for TV reviews online I discovered that even in late 2015/2016 TV technology could not match a Plasma in PQ. In hindsight I have an approx 8-10yr old LG 43" 768p Plasma which has absolutely no hardware defects. A slight re-tweaking of panel light to 100% and Contrast/Brightness has mean I get that bright new TV feel with better color pop. Funnily the glare is no longer bothering me that much now that brightness has been lowered and Contrast bumped up for even better blacks. Also I realized my earlier viewing position was with eyes at level with top of TV frame which is placed on a TV table resulting in unsatisfactory viewing experience. Coincidentally I also realized that I am much more comfortable sitting cross-legged on the floor carpet with a eggshell latex+silicone floor seat you can buy for 400 bucks on Amazon - now my eyes are exactly at midline of the TV and it no longer looks too small that I should needlessly spend 50-90k. For the money I spend I know to expect a larger screen-size with and a great upgrade being an upgrade from 768p to 4K but not a great improvement in black levels - so I can postpone that spend until a hugely worthwhile upgrade in terms of Panel/TV technology comes around... also my TV viewing of 1-2hrs a day does not justify the huge expense that I should make a rush buy honestly... I will look again in 2022 late...

Last edited:
Gave up on the wait for U7980 and bought a Panasonic GX800D, primarily based on the recommendation of fellow FM in another thread. Am not qualified enough to post a review but colour reproduction seems very soothing (something akin to photos of Fujifilm X series cameras). Movie watched : The Debt in Netflix.

Having said that the experience in watching football (Airtel Xtream box - Star Sports Select 1 HD) was not as good. The up scaling is not very good, I guess. Turning off the motion blur also did not add much to the experience.

Gave up on the wait for U7980 and bought a Panasonic GX800D, primarily based on the recommendation of fellow FM in another thread. Am not qualified enough to post a review but colour reproduction seems very soothing (something akin to photos of Fujifilm X series cameras). Movie watched : The Debt in Netflix.

Having said that the experience in watching football (Airtel Xtream box - Star Sports Select 1 HD) was not as good. The up scaling is not very good, I guess. Turning off the motion blur also did not add much to the experience.
Hey there, I noticed the same when watching football on the Jio TV box (which opens a Hotstar stream). However the same stream looked way better on the Hotstar app installed on my TV (Samsung Frame 2020).

It is IPS. VA is available in Europe specific models.

There is a dedicated thread for Panasonic GX800d.

Oh I should have updated here, even though I did in another thread. I finally ended up buying the Hisense U7QF 65 incher. It's been fantastic so far. 89,990 with a three year reliance digital warranty and I got it on interest free EMIs. Looks like now that model is also not available anywhere. As things stand is there any sub 1lakh FALD TVs being sold in India at all?

Oh I should have updated here, even though I did in another thread. I finally ended up buying the Hisense U7QF 65 incher. It's been fantastic so far. 89,990 with a three year reliance digital warranty and I got it on interest free EMIs. Looks like now that model is also not available anywhere. As things stand is there any sub 1lakh FALD TVs being sold in India at all?
Congrats on your purchase. U7QF is a good TV for the price considering the terrible state of sub-1 lakh TVs in India.

X9000H 55" should be below 1 lakh. You should also be able to get Samsung's excellent 2019 models like the Q70R and Q80R if they're still available.

Apart from those, seems like both the U7980 and U7QF are nowhere in stock.

I'm especially impressed with the colours on the U7QF. I've not done any professional calibration, but i've tweaked it around to taste, and even though I don't know much about TVs, as a photographer, I am really impressed with how great the colours look on the good streams, especially the skin tones.

I am also finding Android TV a pleasure to use. Definitely an improvement over the Fire Stick I was using earlier, both in terms of speed and in terms of UX. It's not perfectly butter smooth, but it's more than good enough.

Congrats on your purchase. U7QF is a good TV for the price considering the terrible state of sub-1 lakh TVs in India.

X9000H 55" should be below 1 lakh. You should also be able to get Samsung's excellent 2019 models like the Q70R and Q80R if they're still available.

Apart from those, seems like both the U7980 and U7QF are nowhere in stock.
Q70r only on tata cliq for 97k, 9000h1.01lacs..Now awaiting tcl 8 series in May

I'm especially impressed with the colours on the U7QF. I've not done any professional calibration, but i've tweaked it around to taste, and even though I don't know much about TVs,

as a photographer, I am really impressed with how great the colours look on the good streams, especially the skin tones.
As a Photographer? Do elaborate.
I am also finding Android TV a pleasure to use. Definitely an improvement over the Fire Stick I was using earlier, both in terms of speed and in terms of UX. It's not perfectly butter smooth, but it's more than good enough.
That much better than FireStick (Which version)?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back