Next best option if I can't get a Toshiba U7980 (Budget 70k, Chennai)

Tired of the wait for this TV. Plus prices of TV seem to be going up only ..., what can one do if budget is limited to 60k. Any feedback about Panasonic GX800d and Sony 55X7002G. Priority is PQ, android is not compulsory as I have Airtel Xtreme box.
Sony 9000 series and above is only good. The 8000 and 7000 are like budget TV brands in terms of PQ.

Sony 9000 series and above is only good. The 8000 and 7000 are like budget TV brands in terms of PQ.
You own a 8000h isnt it? Is it not so good then?
Imagine this 7980 tv is more of a marketing plug by hisense to sell more of the higher and lower end tv's by demonstrating how strong the mid is. It never is going to be in stock.

You own a 8000h isnt it? Is it not so good then?
Imagine this 7980 tv is more of a marketing plug by hisense to sell more of the higher and lower end tv's by demonstrating how strong the mid is. It never is going to be in stock.
Yes I own a 8000h. It's display got repaired one month from purchase date. It was replaced by another faulty panel. And after nearly a week short of two months, I got something non defective to watch. It also has an unnatural colour gamut. You would have to wear a cooling glass to play Sun TV's serials with extreme colours. I am sure the creators did not mean so much colours to be shown. In my 9300 D room TV, natural colours are displayed and not its third cousin. I don't recommend therefore the 8000h.

Sony 55X7002 has a Linux OS it seems. Correct me if I am wrong. But just 57k online hmmmm looks like a great buy for a Sony TV however don't expect it to be better than budget TVs. It could be a blessing in disguise too as Android TV OS version takes time to reboot. So the onus is on you whether to go for it or not.

Sony 55X7002 has a Linux OS it seems. Correct me if I am wrong. But just 57k online hmmmm looks like a great buy for a Sony TV however don't expect it to be better than budget TVs. It could be a blessing in disguise too as Android TV OS version takes time to reboot. So the onus is on you whether to go for it or not.
It is difficult to get a demo of this model. Initially thought similar panels being shared across models and differentiation is on account of features. From above response it seems panel quality may be inferior to costly models.

It is difficult to get a demo of this model. Initially thought similar panels being shared across models and differentiation is on account of features. From above response it seems panel quality may be inferior to costly models.
Panels may be same but OS and processors may differ.

All of us want a sony, not all of us can afford one with the stinky premiums they put here.
This model at this price point is even close to Vu 55 UHD or Sanyo Kaisen 55. Being a Sony product vfm at such a price, forget about the features. It is good for just a hall TV. Not for gaming or private movie binges.

It seems Sony X7002 is missing X1 processor, Bluetooth connectivity, 5GHz wireless. The first and 3rd may turned out to be bummer. May have to let it go.

Yes I own a 8000h. It's display got repaired one month from purchase date. It was replaced by another faulty panel. And after nearly a week short of two months, I got something non defective to watch. It also has an unnatural colour gamut. You would have to wear a cooling glass to play Sun TV's serials with extreme colours. I am sure the creators did not mean so much colours to be shown. In my 9300 D room TV, natural colours are displayed and not its third cousin. I don't recommend therefore the 8000h.

If you are used to x9 series, x8 will not cut it for you.
If not immediately, will figure in the long run.

Toshiba has a showroom?? That's interesting.
Well yes they do, I drove there and had a demo. Its a small showroom and one of the tv's was 7980.The salesperson was stuck at 47990 saying that's already a good discount and he wouldnt sell for anything less than that. 3 of my demo files didnt work, dolby vision atmos files worked with the logo. Hdr files were underwhelming in colour saturation for me tho. Maybe its because the tv was mounted higher. SD up scaling was poor and even hd channels failed to impress. He has stock so if you are in bangalore go get it if this is your poison. Better than budget tv's for sure. Greatness not so sure!

Well yes they do, I drove there and had a demo. Its a small showroom and one of the tv's was 7980.The salesperson was stuck at 47990 saying that's already a good discount and he wouldnt sell for anything less than that. 3 of my demo files didnt work, dolby vision atmos files worked with the logo. Hdr files were underwhelming in colour saturation for me tho. Maybe its because the tv was mounted higher. SD up scaling was poor and even hd channels failed to impress. He has stock so if you are in bangalore go get it if this is your poison. Better than budget tv's for sure. Greatness not so sure!
Interesting thoughts.

I also went for the demo with my friend and yes it's not mounted in ideal position. It's mounted high and also, since it's a small showroom with glass walls, there is so much glare all around. He quoted 47990 but he was also offering a cash back( which comes after 90 day) so effective price was around 44K.

Tired of the wait for this TV. Plus prices of TV seem to be going up only ..., what can one do if budget is limited to 60k. Any feedback about Panasonic GX800d and Sony 55X7002G. Priority is PQ, android is not compulsory as I have Airtel Xtreme box.
Curious about the Panasonic series & models.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back