Next Generation lcd tech SHARPS UV2A

adder

well guys this new UV2A tech based panels similar to the earlier tech announced by samsung called Blue phase,is going to say good bye to the native sluggish response time of lcd which results in blurry motion especialy in SPVA based tvs>MVA/ASV,best is IPS for its lower response time.offcourse lcds as early as in 2005 started using overdrive circuits .even though lcd tech has improved hugely from 25ms to 40ms response time of early lcds,to todays 16ms to 20ms response time natively.they still need overdrive circuits to get it to the 2ms,4ms,8ms.further assisted by frame/double frame insertion in 100hz ,200hz tv.

but the sharps UV2A (upcoming samsung Blue phase)is going to change that with lightning fast response time (reportedly in micro seconds compared to milliseconds)
the sharp as already announced new lcd tvs with this tech.also to be used by sony in the upcoming 3D lcd tvs announced at IFA.

according to sharp this tech will boost the contrast ratio by upto 60% as high as 5000:1.current lcd panels from sharp is around 2000:1.
double the refresh rate (samsung Blue phase was as high as 240hz,compared to present 60hz).

Sharp to Incorporate UV2A Technology into Production of LCD Panels | Press Releases:SHARP

Last edited:
current lcd panels from sharp is around 2000:1.

If correctly measured most of the LCD's in the market including sharp wont cross 250:1.

The same goes to plasma as well although its native contrast is slightly higher than LCD's.

If correctly measured most of the LCD's in the market including sharp wont cross 250:1.

The same goes to plasma as well although its native contrast is slightly higher than LCD's.

well compared to sharp advertized ratios.
as far as the measurments of contrast it depends on the measurement method used.if it is the ANSI(widely accepted,IMO may even become the norm) it will be close to 2000:1.

well the upcoming 3d tvs have also been announced by many other companies including panasonic,but whats different is the sony tvs use the newer lcd tech from sharp which natively has a higher refresh rate,then pre historic philips 3d concept tvs with poor response times and only upto 120hz refrehs rate,3d tech is nothing new sharp showed one as early as 2004.
but it never took of due to the drawbacks of the then lcd tech.
now that newer tech has arrived,with sony and other pushing for full scale production,with movies title backing from SONY entertainment which includes COLUMBIA and TRISTAR and offcours SONY PICTURES.it has better chances of becoming the next big thing

but whats different is the sony tvs use the newer lcd tech from sharp which natively has a higher refresh rate,then pre historic philips 3d concept tvs with poor response times and only upto 120hz refrehsh
rate

The 3d tv from Philips has both glasses and no-glasses to be worn models, but the one fony demonstrated requires glasses so now i can clearly understand which is pre-historic.I remember watching a 3d movie when i was a kid wearing glasses.

3D TV in pictures: Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Philips and JVC at the IFA - DigitalVersus

Philips 56? Quad Full Autosteroscopic 3D HD TV DisplayBlog

anything expect for what fony offers is pre-historic for you ain't it.When you say a particular technology is pre-historic and another is futuristic or god like then i would want to see a spec comparison.Have you even seen that pre-historic 3d tv? at least that pre-historic tech was not borrowed from sharp.

AFAIK the first time i ever read abt 3d tv was in an internet article which mentioned Philips and thought it was a stupid concept to bring 3d to television at that time. Even Wikipedia does not talk abt Panasonic or sharp developing 3d technology in the early 2000's in the form of a TV.

when i Google 3d tv most of the results i get are surrounding the Philips 3D tech.

Philips 56-inch 21:9 3D TV's future is so bright we had to wear shades

Philips bucks the 3D TV trend - Home AV - Crave - CNET Asia

Philips demos specs-less 3D TV Register Hardware

Last edited:
The 3d tv from Philips has both glasses and no-glasses to be worn models, but the one fony demonstrated requires glasses so now i can clearly understand which is pre-historic.I remember watching a 3d movie when i was a kid wearing glasses.

3D TV in pictures: Samsung, Panasonic, LG, Philips and JVC at the IFA - DigitalVersus

anything expect for what fony offers is pre-historic for you ain't it.When you say a particular technology is pre-historic and another is futuristic or god like then i would want to see a spec comparison.Have you even seen that pre-historic 3d tv? at least that pre-historic tech was not borrowed from sharp.

AFAIK the first time i ever read abt 3d tv was in an internet article which mentioned Philips and thought it was a stupid concept to bring 3d to television at that time. Even Wikipedia does not talk abt Panasonic or sharp developing 3d technology in the early 2000's in the form of a TV.

when i Google 3d tv most of the results i get are surrounding the Philips 3D tech.

Philips 56-inch 21:9 3D TV's future is so bright we had to wear shades

Philips bucks the 3D TV trend - Home AV - Crave - CNET Asia

Philips demos specs-less 3D TV Register Hardware

sharp showed the 3d tech way back in 2004 in their lcd monitor,based on the same principle is philips lcd concept,also their is the viewsonic lcd monitor already in stores.
these upcoming lcd tvs natively have a higher refresh rate,so its much better suite for 3d.
as far as glasses or without glasses,its just that the tv without ,will have a built in layer.if u had been to air show in bangalore they had many 3d flight simulators and situational awarness demo rooms.most had glass layer built in.

Last edited:
i thought u had good google skills,i forget that u said "i don't like LCD's anyways, As long as i am happy with the kuro i would care real less abt LCD's"

Sharp LL-151-3D - 3D LCD Monitor Review - Monitor Reviews - TrustedReviews
Sharp's 3D LCD: how's that work, then? The Register

and i thought you had some reading skills. I asked if there is any article which can back the claim that Philips 3d tv is based upon sharp's 3d technology.

If Philips technology is based on sharp's then how is Philips licensing the tech to third party manufacturers.

http://www.business-sites.philips.c...solutions_company_brochure_english_lowres.pdf

Philips 3D, Sharp, SmartDisplayer Technology, Samsung, Dai Nippon Printing, and 3M Win 2005 Display of the Year Awards - Royal Philips
Philips 3d tv's where commercially available when sharp did not have one commercially.those over priced Philips quad HD 3d tv's converted even a 2d viewing material into 3d unlike most displays in which you see 3d if it was made as a 3d viewing material.

Autostereoscopy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i do know that the 3d display technology has been under development by many companies for a few decades now.

well i never said philips 3d tech is based on sharp design.i said based on similar principles.

Last edited:
Well, guys, how many threads are we going to use up on bickering? With all due respect, lets move on.

Lets agree to disagree while we are at it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back