Norge 2060 Remote Control Query

logmein

I am in the process of confirming my Norge 2060 along with the Mini tower Millenium speaker set from Mr. Bajaj.

I have been quoted 2500/- separately for the remote control. Is it worth the price? What functions are typically available on the same? for eg Vol UP DOWN, Bass UP DOWN etc.

This is my first audiophile grade buy and am pretty noob otherwise on all aspects audio/ music.

Any and all suggestions respected and appreciated.

Last edited:
Congrats In Advance
I too will be visiting him soon for Norge 2060
Can u tell me if its open on Sunday!!

Rs.2500 only for the remote? Looks expensive.
I think it will be only Vol UP and DOWN? Please confirm with Mr. Bajaj.

Dont spend on remote as of now...see how you can improve the sound quotient by buying a good source (CDP/DAC)..IMO...
I am in the process of confirming my Norge 2060 along with the Mini tower Millenium speaker set from Mr. Bajaj.

I have been quoted 2500/- separately for the remote control. Is it worth the price? What functions are typically available on the same? for eg Vol UP DOWN, Bass UP DOWN etc.

This is my first audiophile grade buy and am pretty noob otherwise on all aspects audio/ music.

Any and all suggestions respected and appreciated.

Not worth even if it is priced Rs:1500/. Norge products are with very cheap components and connectors and not audiophile grade. Fit and finish also very poor. But the company never mind that. The only two best things in this amp are: The cool mid and vocal and this amp never heats up even after several continuous hours!
Cheers.
sunder.

@logmein: i think remote is only for volume control,so not best buy.The Norge amp are best for Budget tight people or entry level users. I cannot understand why the price is high for remote control. use that money for some other addons.

@ak1980 : It is closed on Sunday

Rs.2500 only for the remote? Looks expensive.
I think it will be only Vol UP and DOWN? Please confirm with Mr. Bajaj.

It is not that simple thing as you have a analogue volume control. The remote volume up and down triggers a motor inside the amp which in turn mechanically rotates the volume control. Digital volume controls like we see on TV or other equipment are inferior and introduces noise.

More reading here
Digital vs Analogue volume control | Forum | What Hi-Fi?

Dont spend on remote as of now...see how you can improve the sound quotient by buying a good source (CDP/DAC)..IMO...

Have ordered for the remote nonetheless.

Any idea of what would be a good input for this unit? Budget being under 5K. Also, intend to connect my laptop or android phone as transport/ source to this 2060 amp. I presume I need an adapter that converts the Phono input into 3.5mm male jack?

Have ordered for the remote nonetheless.

Any idea of what would be a good input for this unit? Budget being under 5K. Also, intend to connect my laptop or android phone as transport/ source to this 2060 amp. I presume I need an adapter that converts the Phono input into 3.5mm male jack?

3.5 mm to phono would be a cheap solution for now but for the 5K budget try getting a USB DAC like FiiO (see what variation comes under 5K)

Thanks everyone, received the Norge 2060 plus Millenium speakers (that were not the monsters I thought they would be 880mm as mentioned on the official website :))

Remote control, like someone pointed out, is the analog rotary types. Works only for VOL up and down.

Absolute treat this music system is. Was anticipating something with poorer bass response or in other words no coloring. Satisfied absolutely at the way its turned out.

And its not yet burned in.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back