Not able to fix Dust Cover on SL1210 MK5

manua

Hi,

I am facing a very peculiar but basic problem.Need some help.

I am not able to fit in the Dust cover to my newly acquired Technics SL1210 MK5 Turntable.The manual says I just need to hold it from the top and fit it on the base but unfortunately I don't find any sliding place or hinge which actually holds the dust cover along with the Turntable base.

Can anyone please suggest me as how I can overcome this issue.

Hi Manua,

Maybe it just sits over the turntable, resting on the base. My dustcover too just sits over the turntable and is not hinged nor does it go into any slot. So if I have to move my turntable I have to lift the dustcover, put it away and then move the turntable, cos both are not attached to each other in any way.

regards

Hi Manua,

Maybe it just sits over the turntable, resting on the base. My dustcover too just sits over the turntable and is not hinged nor does it go into any slot. So if I have to move my turntable I have to lift the dustcover, put it away and then move the turntable, cos both are not attached to each other in any way.

regards

But I don't think technics has such dust covers which will just sit on the base and one has to remove it completely as it can fall,break any time accidentaly.Definitely there should be some connection with the base which will hold on the Dust Cover.

Includes removable hinge-free dust cover (not shown

The above is from a website selling the turntable. If its acrylic, I doubt it will break from an accidental fall to the ground. Since it's a DJ turntable, the hinge free dust cover makes sense since DJs (the primary target) would not be playing with a dustcover on in a nightclub. By the logic of it falling breaking anytime even LPs are prone to fall out of one's hand right? Unless you're talking about it slipping off the turntable itself while sitting on the shelf?

Includes removable hinge-free dust cover (not shown

The above is from a website selling the turntable. If its acrylic, I doubt it will break from an accidental fall to the ground. Since it's a DJ turntable, the hinge free dust cover makes sense since DJs (the primary target) would not be playing with a dustcover on in a nightclub. By the logic of it falling breaking anytime even LPs are prone to fall out of one's hand right? Unless you're talking about it slipping off the turntable itself while sitting on the shelf?

Hi,
Can you please send the link where its mentioned as "removable hinge-free dust cover".

Also i am refering to the dust cover falling from a height of say 3 ft on the shelf.Suppose by accident it falls down as its not connected with a hinge,then what happen?

The SL-1210 has hinges. There are two black things on the back side of the turntable. The cover has two similar black things on the rear side. Just push it in.

Hi,

I am uploading the pictures of the black thing that is there in the rear of my dust cover and back side of the Turntable.There is no gap through which I can push as some rubber mat is attached to both.Please check this and revert.

Attachments

• hinge12.jpg
    hinge12.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 82
Please help me here as am still clueless as how do I fix my dustcover on the Technics TT.

Hi, I need some help/advise as well. My SL3200 has hinges and the dust cover slides in. However, my hinges dont click into position when I lift the dust cover and hence, I have to hold the dust cover with one hand and place the LP on the table with the other. This is quite inconvenient. These days I run the rig after removing the dust cover and put it back on, once I'm done with listening for the day.

Hi Manua,

Pl find attached the Technics Manual in which no mention is made of the hinges, the cover has to be placed on the TT directly. It acts like a lid.

N.Murali

Last edited:
I have couple of SL-1200s with hinges and the dust cover. I will take a picture and post it for you. It is pretty simple.

Cheers.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back