now sunHD also showing FIFA and Wimbledon in HD

alokbharti

I came from office at 7 PM today.. and surprised by the static screen showing FIFA schedule on one of the HD channel.. then checked next channel and it was Wimbeldon HD..

:) many thanks to SUN HD DTH.. now enjoying Brazil Vs Holland match in HD.. quality is too good..

Yes, I also saw this news on facebook and just now saw the 1st half. :)

Audio is stereo for FIFA (ESPN).

Wimbeldon (Star) is 5.1.

By this addition, NGC has been downgraded to Stereo from Dolby.

It seems that Sun DTH HD has very less bandwidth to accomodate Dolby 5.1 audio to all HD Channels.

You want to listen to a 1000 Vuvuzelas in Dolby or 5.1? :)
My post is in reference to National Geographic HD, which Sun Direct HD has unceremoniously downgraded from DD 5.1 to Mono. As for the Vuvuzelas, I'd rather they didn't allow them. They have greatly ruined the FIFA World Cup watching experience.

Last edited:
As I post only 3 HD channels are available on SUNHD that are FIFA (event based), NGC HD and Discovery HD world the rest removed.

This thread should be retitled 'now sunHD showing nothing'. Since the last two days every single channel of 'SunDirect HD' has disapeared and we are getting only "nothing". Even before, ever since last Sunday during the Wimbeldon finals, the signal has been dissapearing and appearing as and when it pleases.

Well, don't beat me but I am getting these 3 channels: :D

Ch No.950 ESPN-HD wallpaper with date/time of next match
Ch No.952 Discovery HD (Dolby)
Ch No.954 NGC-HD

NO other channel is coming. :(

When I switch it ON, the welcome screen says that due to satellite problem, not all channels are available.

I did not bother too much I have Tata-Sky (SD) and Sun-HD connected to the same TV. Tata-Sky has a subscription of all channels.

Well, don't beat me but I am getting these 3 channels: :D

Ch No.950 ESPN-HD wallpaper with date/time of next match
Ch No.952 Discovery HD (Dolby)
Ch No.954 NGC-HD

NO other channel is coming. :(

When I switch it ON, the welcome screen says that due to satellite problem, not all channels are available.

I did not bother too much I have Tata-Sky (SD) and Sun-HD connected to the same TV. Tata-Sky has a subscription of all channels.

same here.. few HD channels showing up but no SD channels at all..
me too having TS SD in parallel :)... waiting for SunHD one year subscription to finish..then I will upgrade TS SD to TS HD..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back