now use Desktop PCI/PCI-ex cards with Laptop

spirovious

Hi,

While searching ,I found devices with which you can connect PCI/PCI-ex cards to Laptop.

arrow_5.gif

Magma - PCI & PCI Express Expansion Solutions
wow_2.gif

This can be used to connect PCI/PCI-ex soundcards like Xonar D2,DX,ST,essense to your Laptop.Many used to ask for SC & there use to limited options.With this you can build HTPC with Laptop.:yahoo:

Similarly you can add a Graphic card & use HDMI/DVI out to connect LCD/HD-AVR.

So old Laptop with Express card slot can be converted to Highend HTPC.:clapping:

Anyone used already can share their views.

Last edited:
I've seen something like that on the net before. What I'd like is a PCMCIA (? --- I usually get that one wrong) "slot" card for a PC!

Hi,

While searching ,I found devices with which you can connect PCI/PCI-ex cards to Laptop.

arrow_5.gif

wow_2.gif

This can be used to connect PCI/PCI-ex soundcards like Xonar D2,DX,ST,essense to your Laptop.Many used to ask for SC & there use to limited options.With this you can build HTPC with Laptop.:yahoo:

Similarly you can add a Graphic card & use HDMI/DVI out to connect LCD/HD-AVR.

So old Laptop with Express card slot can be converted to Highend HTPC.:clapping:

Anyone used already can share their views.

Pricing?
i think this is too expensive.. instead of that get a used desktop and experiment !!

also no usb support ,PCMCIA is legacy connector and modern laps lack it!!Most of the netbooks re without pcmcia

The magma sompany product for single device must be cheap & it has both options to connect Desktop & Lapy too.-
http://www.magma.com/store/productpdfs/pciexpress/expressbox1/pdf/Manual(09-09961-01).pdf

Must be cheap? Pricing please???/
anyway ead this

Sonic State - News Connect A PCI Express Card To A Laptop, Magma releases the ExpressBox expansion product

now it is 4 year old pricing but site ays

ricing and Availability:
Magma ExpressBox (Model EB1H) supports a half-length card up to 6.60 inches long: $729.00
Magma ExpressBox1 Pro (Model EB1F) is made for a full-length card up to 12.283 inches long: $749.00
More information:

so latest pricing please?

I emailed to them & may get answer by Monday?
Old prices are very high,ebay similar products around 10k

Well it is a option for Lapy & may not need to invest more.
One shld get cheaper solution in china market.

Which solution you are talking?

also no usb solution so may be useless for new laptops!

Its PCI solution & no USB as for 5.1 SC,usb is useless.
This is PCI/PCI-E expansion slot which can be used with Lapy & Desktop in eitherway.
I agree its costly,but may hope a chinese similar solution.

Laptops have PCMCIA slots ,your devisce shows PCI slots

also price is super costly ,again buy a new HTPC!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back