Nuforce UDAC Versus Fiio E7

Amarbir[Lynx-India]

Well ,
Here is the Writeup .

UDAC Details :
  • NuForce uDAC is a high-performance USB Digital Audio Converter (DAC) that connects your personal computer's audio with your home stereo, desktop sound system, or headphones. The quality and versatility of the uDAC's performance belies its diminutive size. With its extensive power supply, filtering capabilities and charge-pump circuit as a foundation, the uDAC processes incoming data via a USB audio receiver. A D/A converter chip then translates the data to a two-volt analog signal.The NuForce uDAC's performance equals or exceeds that of a great many audiophile CD players. The unit's exemplary flexibility -- analog RCA, digital coaxial, and high-performance headphone outputs -- is bound to satisfy the needs of the most critical music lover.

Fiio E7 Details :
  • FiiO E7 portable headphone amplifier with USB audio decoder (DAC). This product is designed to replace PC onboard soundcard that do not have enough output power for higher-end headphone. With USB audio decoding, amplification and audio output, E7 can serve as both a professional headphone amplifier as well as an external USB soundcard.

Features :Well Have a Look At the Features For Both The UDAc And The Fiio E7

UDAC Features :

* Discrete USB audio receiver and D/A converter
* Coaxial S/PDIF output (turn off volume control to activate)
* Double jitter-reduction mechanism at data level and at oversampling filter stage
* High voltage 2V analog output
* High-quality analog volume control
* No capacitors in any of the audio signal paths
* Low power consumption; USB self-powered
* USB powered, no external power supply required
* Headphones impedance between 16 ohm to 300 ohm are suitable for use with Icon uDAC

Fiio Features :

* USB audio decoding and output for PC, functioning as a high quality external USB soundcard*
* Texas Instruments PCM2706 serves as USB receiver. For better sound quality, a Wolfson WM8740 serves as digital-to-analog convertor (DAC), pairing with a high performance operational amplifier from ADI for the DAC circuit
* Build-in headphone amplifier utilizing AD8692 and Texas Instruments TPA6130A as pre- and power-amp for high performance, good resolution, low distortion, and powerful output
* Standard 3.5mm stereo line-in jack for portable amplification with conventional audio source
* Dual 3.5mm headphone output jack. Convenient design makes it easy to share music between two listeners
* Worlds first portable headphone amplifier with dual colors OLED display
* Easy to use digital volume control function with great precision and channel balance
* Build-in EQ for 3 levels of Bass Boost
* Build-in rechargeable 1050 mAH Li-ion battery for 80 hours of continuous operation**
* Specialized dock for connecting E9*** to experience an even higher performance;
* Quality anodized aluminum satin finish case design, small and compact, ideal to be wrapped together with digital audio player;
* User selectable USB charging function to help prolong battery lifespan and lower distortion from power supply circuit;
* User definable startup volume memory and maximum volume limiter to protect user from hearing damage due to loud volume;
* Automatic keylock feature;
* User definable sleep timer function and total runtime display****.

* This model supports driverless plug and play on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Vista, Windows 7, and various Mac OS.

** Full battery charge via computer USB port after 200 minutes and capable of 80 hours of continuous operation, tested under laboratory condition for evaluative purpose only.

*** E9 is a desktop amplifier with greater output, better performance and an integrated E7 specified dock connector. With the dock, E7 can easily establish a line-out connection with E9 and transform both together into a high performance desktop amp with USB decoding function, capable of PC connection and recharging functions, etc.

**** Total system runtime will accumulate from the first use. It will be reset to zero after either reset button is pressed, reloading default setting, or when the battery depleted

Specifications : Please Have a Look At the Specs For The Both

UDAC Specifications :

Input

* USB (USB 1.1, 2.0 compatible)
* USB DAC: USB 1.1, 2.0 compatible. USB native bit rate: 32-48kHz, 16-bit
* Maximum sampling rate: 48kHz
* Resolution: 16-bits

Output

* Analog RCA Output = 2Vrms
* Dynamic Range: 110dB
* THD+N= -95 dB
* S/N Ratio: 98dB
* Digital Output: coaxial RCA 75-ohm
* Headphone output jack
* Power output: 80mW x 2 @
* 16-Ohm
* THD+N 0.05%

Power

* USB Bus Powered

Dimensions

* 68x38x21mm

Fiio E7 Specifications :

* Output Power: 150mW (16?); 16mW (300?)
* Headphone Impedance Range: 16 ? ~ 300 ?
* Signal to Noise Ratio: ?95dB (A weighted) on line-in;?100dB (A weighted) on USB-in
* Distortion:<0.009% (10mW)on line-in;<0.008% (10mW) on USB-in
* Frequency Range:10Hz ~ 1000KHz
* Power Supply:Internal 1050mAH rechargeable Li-ion battery
* Recharging:USB 5V DC 400mA
* Size: 96mm x 55mm x 15.5mm
* Weight: 100g

Note:

* Due to the USB spec restriction on digital audio format. This device only support up to 48kHz / 16bits USB decoding function.

Well Lets Discuss Who Is The Winner And a Better DAC / AMP​

Amarbir[Lynx-India];172629 said:
:mad: ,
How Many Test Units to You think i Can Spare :D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha just one - chennai and coimbatore is not far off and psycho can ship it.

With your permission only saar! Again depending on interest level of volunteer. And his "qualification" - owning and collecting many brands of headphones over the years. :)

I dont want to force it its only a suggestion. And you have a right to refuse of course, without any negative feelings from anybody. I just thought opinions from multiple people would make a difference to credibility of the auditioning. I will drop this topic now, it was just a passing thought :)

cheers
PS: My mobo will ship tomorrow - I stole a hard cardboard box from office I/T room today.

cheers

Yep, esanthosh is a perfect candidate for the job with his wide collection of iems and full size cans. He s also got tp20 as well as pre-power speaker set up too.

Thanks to gobble and iaudio for suggesting my name.

@Amarbir,

I already have a uDAC. If it's ok with you and not much trouble for psychotropic to ship it to me after his comparison, I'd be willing to compare them.

But don't expect much of a technical sound description from me. For me, it's more about how I connect with my music. I'll just try to be a little objective in giving my very subjective opinions. Hopefully, Psychotropic will do a detailed comparison and I just have to write a few lines here and there - agreeing or slightly differing. So, this arrangement should work out well ;)

Waiting eagerly for a true knockout round.:yahoo:
Also consider connecting both the DAC's analogue output to you HIFI system and let us know your observations.

hehe, there is no conspiracy amarbirji, and you will get your test unit back in good order :). for further reassurance my parents are in chandigarh (panchkula actually), so i will come visit you next time i visit them :).

you could send it to me, i could listen to it and do a standalone review (and compare it with my CD63SE modded), and then I could send it off to santhosh for him to do the shootout, and then he can send it back to you.

or you could send it straight to santhosh and he can do the shootout :) whatever you prefer.

Amarbir[Lynx-India];172602 said:
Well, I Am Game for This
Thats the spirit Amarbir..We could do with a few more comparisons/shootouts ..like uDac Vs E7 Vs Xonar ..or maybe compare the uDac / E 7 with other DACs also ( if someone could volunteer )

Amarbir[Lynx-India];172694 said:
BTW ,
How Come All The Buggers Are So Close By .I Smell Something :eek:hyeah::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Birds of a feather flock together ... :eek:hyeah:

Guys don't reveal the plot ...! ;)

cheers

Me too interested in the dac performance of fiio e7 , if it comes close to udac, i'll prefer it given its portability. Looking forward to the shootout.

Stereorules, esanthosh also has the xonar stx, so all grounds covered. He can compare with udac, xonar, marantz cd63se and maverick d1 dac.

hehe, there is no conspiracy amarbirji, and you will get your test unit back in good order :). for further reassurance my parents are in chandigarh (panchkula actually), so i will come visit you next time i visit them :).

you could send it to me, i could listen to it and do a standalone review (and compare it with my CD63SE modded), and then I could send it off to santhosh for him to do the shootout, and then he can send it back to you.

or you could send it straight to santhosh and he can do the shootout :) whatever you prefer.

Sir ,
Place a Order On Lynx Website With Comments "This psychotropic From Hifivision ,I Am the first One From The Plot Of Two That Could Increase Lol ,Send It for The Review"

:D:D

BTW i will send to al i will make a thread in the dealer section

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back