Number of visible posts per page

just4kix

The current default setting is 10 posts per page. I find this very frustrating to navigate through multiple pages especially when there are plenty of responses.

I suggest that default be changed to 25 or 30 that will result in less pagination. If that is not possible allow the user to select number of posts per page in the User CP.

If this is not possible at forum level (because Google SEO would have already indexed the pages), at least provide the option to the user.

It will depend on the software. If search engines have any sense (;)) they will not have used page numbers!

On Indiamike.com, the number of posts per page is in the User Control Panel --- but, up until to recent versions, the software itself used the page number in single-post links, so setting anything other than the default broke them!

There can be an option to select no.s per page as many other websites do.(say 10/20..)

This forum used vBulletin as the forum software and option to set number of posts per page (at forum and user level) exists.

At the forum level, only the Administrator can change it. It has just been set to 10. Check this out: [fixed] Posts per Page cannot be set

At the user level, Admin has to allow users to set number of posts/page at the user level.

This is indeed very helpful of you. :yahoo::clapping: Thank you - actually, I cannot express how happy I am. Gone are the days of clicking on page after page.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back