OMA conversion

iaudio

hello hi fi ers,
I recently got a lot of good music, but it is all in oma format. It doesn't play on all players(pmps or on comp using softwares) and It doesn't display any track info( if i edit the track name, track refuse to play).
I would like to convert these to mp3/ogg.
Which software( preferably free:eek:hyeah:) do you recommend for this purpose?
Thanks in advance,
Titus

Last edited:
@iaudio - I've not used this format before, but Google does have lots of hits. It's better to convert them to WAV or FLAC and keep a backup unless you're going to store the originals too. MP3/OGG are pretty useless and a music lover will very soon tire of them.

Will check about the s/w and get back to you.

@iaudio - I've not used this format before, but Google does have lots of hits. It's better to convert them to WAV or FLAC and keep a backup unless you're going to store the originals too. MP3/OGG are pretty useless and a music lover will very soon tire of them.

Will check about the s/w and get back to you.

moserw,
thank you for responding!

oma is sony s proprietary format, and these songs were taken from a sony walkman.
Though they are well ripped/encoded and have excellent clarity, they are of small bit rate and hence small file size, so I am not sure converting to flac or wav might do much good. Hence I asked about conversion to mp3/ogg.
cheers
titus

moserw,
thank you for responding!

oma is sony s proprietary format, and these songs were taken from a sony walkman.
Though they are well ripped/encoded and have excellent clarity, they are of small bit rate and hence small file size, so I am not sure converting to flac or wav might do much good. Hence I asked about conversion to mp3/ogg.
cheers
titus

Are they for playing on the PC or other sources like MP3/CD player?

Are they for playing on the PC or other sources like MP3/CD player?

I will be playing it on the pc via onkyo avr and mission m33is. I also play it through cowon i audio d2 portable player. Planning to get a pio 610 soon.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back