Onkyo 3300 OR JBL 133 cinesystem 200:5

prala

Hi Guyzz,

I am going to buy Home theatre for my bedroom of 130 sqrft. I have searched a lot and finally got very confused among the below systems:
1) Onkyo 3300 - price 28 K
2) JBL cinesystem 133 with 200:5 price 29-30 K

I liked both of these systems very much but not very sure abt which shud i buy as JBL is excellent in sound and Onkyo is having very good ampli.

My req: Theater like feel while listening music/movies. Should have very good surround effects, good for instrumental as well :)

Also one of thing making me towards JBL is whatever features given in Onkyo ampli, do i really going to use. I m not hardcore music listener though. But at the same time i heard that JBL would be better in sound quality over Onkyo.

Also for one day there is sale on onkyo 3310 which is coming in 16.5K. But I am not very much convinced to get an outdated system.

Could you please share your opinions/suggestions to make a better purchase among these.
These prices in Pune. Also suggest me if you know any better quotation in pune. My budget is max 30 k.

Many Thanks,
Prala

JBL HK system does NOT decode HD Audio, DTS HD-MA etc., if that's not important for you, then go for it. You can bargain a bit more with the price. I did listen to it, and it sounded better than the 3300, however, the AVR 133 is an old AVR, so take your pick...

JBL HK system does NOT decode HD Audio, DTS HD-MA etc., if that's not important for you, then go for it. You can bargain a bit more with the price. I did listen to it, and it sounded better than the 3300, however, the AVR 133 is an old AVR, so take your pick...

Hi Folks,

I am also confused whether to go for Onkyo HTS3300 or JBL Cinesystem200(AVR133 & SCS200.5)

Following is some information I gathered:

Note: I have 40" Samsung LCD (5 series - 3 HDMI inputs) with Samsung DVD player(no optical ports- Only HDMI, coaxial and composite ports and USB).
My room size is 18"X10"

> I am getting Onkyo HTS3300 between 23k & 24k (that too on 0% EMI :) )
> JBL Cinesystem 200 (this costs me around 27k)
> Cinesystem does not have any HDMI ports. I couldn't find a product
catalog for this so I do not have the detailed specfications of the Amp that
comes with this.
> The only way I can connect my DVD to the Cinesystem is by using Coaxial
> I am not sure if Onkyo HTS3300 has Dolby pro logic II. (they say they have
Dolby digital plus). Please be aware that mine is a normal DVD player(not a
BLURAY one). I am buying home theatre especially for the surround sound
effects. How much does the absence of Pro logic II in Onkyo impacts
surround sound. Is Dolby digital plus complimenting it? What is the
difference between Pro logic II and dolby digital plus?
> Finally we should be able to listen to all kinds of music.

> Can any one of the HTS3300 owners check if your system has this pro logicII in it?

I am planning to buy in this week. Owners,audiophiles and experts - Please help me judge to pick the right HTB.

Cheers,
Tsk

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back