ONKYO CR505 remote missing replacement suggestions?

yolliedolly

Hi all
Someone gave me a great, if old, CR tuner but it is missing the remote. As it is so old, I cannot find an original RC 580S which is what it originally was sold with. Apparently ONKYO sell nothing that will work with this machine. Can I use a generic remote? I don't really need a remote except I cannot scroll through radio stations using the unit directly so I would like to add my favourite stations to presets. Anyone have any suggestions? I could just use the CD player but would much rather have the option to have radio too.

thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Thank you for joining.

The remote for the Onkyo CR505 is the RC-580S
Try looking up for a used replacement on ebay or something similar.
Here is a Google search result for a generic replacement remote.

Good luck with your search.

Hi all
Someone gave me a great, if old, CR tuner but it is missing the remote. As it is so old, I cannot find an original RC 580S which is what it originally was sold with. Apparently ONKYO sell nothing that will work with this machine. Can I use a generic remote? I don't really need a remote except I cannot scroll through radio stations using the unit directly so I would like to add my favourite stations to presets. Anyone have any suggestions? I could just use the CD player but would much rather have the option to have radio too.

thanks in advance

Try with one of those universal remotes available on Amazon. My Logitech harmony picked up every function of my Marantz cd player and receiver. No additional programming or code feeding was needed.

MaSh

There are quite a few mobile apps that may do the job, as long as you have infrared built into the phone. You will have to check what codes are available for your Onkyo model.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back